Owls could face points reduction

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh dear looks like the Wednesday fans I know round here are gonna be pretty upset about this bit of news:081::081::081::081::081::081:
It was one of their on loan players that actually scored the equaliser so that probably miffed Stoke which is probably why they reported them.

It is something we need to look out for ourselves anyway so acts as a kindly reminder as we don't want to make a similar mistake with all the loanees we have at the moment and find a point deduction imposed on us

A points deduction would be most unlikely. They did not actually play more than the permitted number - the others were unused subs. Other cases, even where more than 4 actually took the field (eg leeds last year) resulted in relatively small fines.

It not how many they play, its how many is in the matchday squad of 16.

Old Git is right ...BBC News Story from when Leeds had 6 loan players in their squad .... (From Dec 06)

Leeds United have been fined £2,000 after they included six loan players in their squad for the game at Burnley on 28 November.
Football League rules stipulate that only five on-loan players are allowed to feature on the match-day team sheet.

The Football League heard that Leeds had to contend with a last-minute injury to defender Matthew Kilgallon.

The Championship strugglers, managed by Dennis Wise, have had £1,000 of the fine suspended.

Graham Stack, Matt Heath, Ugo Ehiogu, Tresor Kandol and Geoff Horsfield all played as Leeds lost the game 2-1, while Tony Warner was an unused substitute.

It not how many they play, its how many is in the matchday squad of 16.

I know - the point I was making was that if others have had small fines rather than points docked when they have actually played too many loan players the league are hardly likely to dish out a harsher punishment in this case.

Ah, but Leeds lost the game so didn't benefit by their error.
Sheff Wed on the other hand, despite only playing 5 out of the 6, could find that they have their point struck off because one of their loanees did score the equaliser...

I know, it's wishful thinking...

Sheff Wed on the other hand, despite only playing 5 out of the 6, could find that they have their point struck off because one of their loanees did score the equaliser...

and (without knowing the players/positions they play in) it could be argued that by being in the squad they gave the manager a degree of options which he wouldn't have had should they have abided by the rules. albeit only 5 played but would the same 5 have made it onto the pitch if they were winning 5-0

And also Leeds managed to get out of it by saying they had a 'last minute injury' to Matt Kilgallon.

In any case I don't think that theres any chance of a points deduction, and one point won't make the world of difference since they have two games in hand.

And also Leeds managed to get out of it by saying they had a 'last minute injury' to Matt Kilgallon.

In any case I don't think that theres any chance of a points deduction, and one point won't make the world of difference since they have two games in hand.

It will if they saty up by 1 point!!

Leeds were fined £2k for the same offence, and I think 1k of that was suspended.

Leeds were fined £2k for the same offence, and I think 1k of that was suspended.

They lost though so the points thing wasn't an issue,I think its Stoke who are pressing for the 3 points more than anything else.I can't see it though and think they will just be fined

They lost though so the points thing wasn't an issue,I think its Stoke who are pressing for the 3 points more than anything else.I can't see it though and think they will just be fined

I agree, yes they have broken the rules, but the unused subs in question had no direct involvement of the full time result.

A small fine and a little slap on the hand is the only sensible outcome IMO.

I agree, yes they have broken the rules, but the unused subs in question had no direct involvement of the full time result.

A small fine and a little slap on the hand is the only sensible outcome IMO.

You could argue the point that if the manager had been fair and had to make a decision on which 5 players to use, he might not have selected the loanee who scored the equaliser, opting instead for the unused player.

You could argue the point that if the manager had been fair and had to make a decision on which 5 players to use, he might not have selected the loanee who scored the equaliser, opting instead for the unused player.

Or:

Stoke had to leave out one or two loan signings to keep within the rules, if they'd have broken the rules and included one of them, they might have come on and won the game for Stoke.

Reading back, that makes no sense! Oh well.....

I have no desire to stay up due to another team being docked points - I'd take no satisfaction from that whatsoever.

I deeply hope they receive a fine and nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669