Oxford match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First half was dull. Very biased report from the OS in Steven's post. We had the bulk of the play without really threatening.
The second half was much, much better, nice link up's and defence splitting through balls.
MDV chipped his goal from an angle, he tried to feck it up but it still went in. Wilcox finished well.

Highlights included a steward getting the ball in the nads, David Oldfield on the Oxford bench, and a 3-1 win doubled with a MDV strike!

A good afternoon.:038:

MKFox said:
First half was dull. Very biased report from the OS in Steven's post. We had the bulk of the play without really threatening.
The second half was much, much better, nice link up's and defence splitting through balls.
MDV chipped his goal from an angle, he tried to feck it up but it still went in. Wilcox finished well.

Highlights included a steward getting the ball in the nads, David Oldfield on the Oxford bench, and a 3-1 win doubled with a MDV strike!

A good afternoon.:038:

Fecking hell steady on MK you almost sound hopeful...

I am HF!
Oxford beat Brighton 4-1 the other day and they were up for it today, but struggled to break us down and win goal scoring opportunities.
It wasn't too convincing but we found the onion bag 3 times and were a bit unlucky on a few other occasions....
The back 4 mopped up most danger easily as well.
MDV still seems to take a touch too much though.
My boy's first City game! I told him not to get used to us winning. He actually said that our number 10 'is a bit rubbish'...
Fantastic, don't know where he gets it from...:icon_lol:

After yesterdays match I'd say we're going to have one of the strongest defences in the division.

Midfield should do OK especially with Hughes back, although Williams always goes missing after half time, does he run out of energy/passion or do the opposition work him out too easily?

Upfront is still a worry, MDV was once again a ghost for 95% of the match and his goal was more than dubious in terms of being offside, the Oxford defence had stopped in their tracks waiting for the flag, but give him his dues he popped it in nicely.

Did anyone else notice as soon as he was subbed MDV put a bag of ice on his groin, don't know if he's got a knock or just became a little too excited at his goal?

Did anone try the Priory pub by the way?

MK will be saying we will get promoted next.:081:

bocadillo said:
Big Bob Hazell will be after 'em soon!

Sorry folks, but I've injured my groin in a pre-season friendly so won't be partaking!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669