Oxford match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheehan for Gilbert, Tiatto for Wilcox

Sealer gets a touch on!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whats the radio leics text number?!

SilverFox said:
Its Sealer thats making me laugh! Never heard of him!:icon_lol:

You've never heard of Uwe Seeler. He was a legend in teutonic parts!

I'm sure they said "Danny Wilcox" as well, not sure whether they were actually talking about Tiatto or Wilcox.

The Voice From Above said:
what happened to May?

It finished just before June!!

Graz said:
I'm sure they said "Danny Wilcox" as well, not sure whether they were actually talking about Tiatto or Wilcox.

Maybe a new siging? hehe.

Good on the boys. Nice to see us scroing some goals as well.

Full time, 3-1 City

Now full steam ahead for Sheffield United next weekend! ;D Yay finally some real football!

Good Game! We should try to sign Dion Douglas, Danny Wilcox, and Momo Sealer..they sounded the dogs knobb:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: !

Whats he rattling on about!:icon_lol:

DISCONNECT the Internet

la, la, la!

Here we go, here we go, here we go!!

Can u disconnect the internet? hehe.

Sort it out!!:081: :081: :081:

Final score la, la, la.

Radio leics defeated by technology:081:

Radio leics and technolgy. Goes together like Akinbadbiyi and goals.

that end part was great, i dont think ive ever heard a real radio broacast that reminded me so much of alan partridge.

"ill do it now shall i, yea ill do a little report for later. just tell em we won 3-1, disconnect the internet"

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Surprised he didnt go for a Big ron style hes a lazy.....................

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: ..........

On that bombshell I'm going to Disconnect the Internet myself. See y'all later!

Last edited:
From the OS. ;)

OS said:
Oxford United 1-3 Leicester City
Oxford United v Leicester CityLeicester City ended their pre-season campaign with a conclusive 3-1 victory over Oxford United at the Kassam Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

Mark de Vries and Jason Wilcox (2) were both on the scoresheet as the Foxes overpowered their League Two opponents.

Craig Levein indicated he would be playing a stong side for the game as he continues to fine tune his team ahead of the Championship kick-off next Saturday.

And the City boss has kept his word, naming a near full-strength side for the contest.

Just Stephen Hughes and David Connolly were missing from the party - but the duo are expected to recover from their knocks in time for the Sheffield United game.

Rab Douglas returned from a foot injury to take up the position between the sticks, while Alan Maybury, Nils-Eric Johansson, Paddy McCarthy and new man Peter Gilbert made up the defence.

Gareth Williams and Joey Gudjonsson started in the heart of the City engine room, with Momo Sylla and Wilcox taking up the wing roles. De Vries and Dion Dublin made up the attack.

The Foxes almost took the lead as early as the fourth minute of the contest. Williams whipped the ball in from the right, but McCarthy was unable to get any power on his header and Oxford 'keeper Billy Turley claimed with ease.

And City had an equally good chance two minutes later. Again Williams was the provider, but this time Dublin was unable to direct his header past Turley.

The home side hit their stride with 16 minutes on the clock. Journeyman striker Lee Bradbury was put through on goal, but Rab Douglas was quick off his line and spread himself well to make the save.

Bradbury had another good chance to give Oxford the lead on the hour mark, but Johansson was able to stick out a boot at the last minute to make the challenge.

Momo Sylla came close as the first half came to an end. The Guinea international did well to get on the end of a Wilcox centre, but his diving header was well held by Turley.

De Vries scored his third goal of pre-season in the 49th minute. The big centre forward got on the end of a defence splitting Sylla pass and chipped the ball over the advancing Turley.

And Wilcox doubled Leicester's advantage six minutes later. The former England man collected a Williams through ball and rifled a grasscutting left-foot shot past the advancing 'keeper.

Wilcox would add his second in the 73rd minute. Syllla's cross from the right was palmed into the path of the winger who made no mistake from eight yards.

Oxford grabbed a consolation goal through Morgan in the closing stages, but the game will go down as a good workout for Craig Levein's side ahead of next week's season opener.

City: Douglas, Maybury, Gilbert (Sheehan 83), Gudjonsson, McCarthy, Johansson, Sylla, Williams, Dublin (O'Grady 68), de Vries (Wright 77), Wilcox (Tiatto 83). Subs not used: Gerrbrand, Henderson, Stearman, Muggleton.

Oxford: Turley, Manselll, Robinson, Quinn, Willmott, Ashton, Hackett, Bradbury, Davies, Hargreaves, Hughes. Subs: Basham, Weedon, Molyneaux, Roget, Oldfield, Stirling, Franklyn, Brooks, McCleary, Morgan.

Att: 2,129

Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572