Parking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Nose

Apologies for a new thread, but I'm unable to add this to my old thread on this subject.

However, the ******* at the stupid, ******* council have decided to make the situation even ******* worse. With an extra 8-10k at each game this season, they're going to make parking even more restrictive. How counter-intuitive of them to create a ******* problem and then overlay more ******* regulations on top because of their ******* stupidity.

Bunch of *****!

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Parking-permits-scheme-extended/story-21460285-detail/story.html#ixzz37QVN0B1e

I take it they have put double yellow lines every where and filling in the bleeps would suggest your not a happy bunny.

Apologies for a new thread, but I'm unable to add this to my old thread on this subject. However, the ******* at the stupid, ******* council have decided to make the situation even ******* worse. With an extra 8-10k at each game this season, they're going to make parking even more restrictive. How counter-intuitive of them to create a ******* problem and then overlay more ******* regulations on top because of their ******* stupidity. Bunch of *****! http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Parking-permits-scheme-extended/story-21460285-detail/story.html#ixzz37QVN0B1e

It's made even thicker by the fact that car parks around the ground have incredibly limited spaces. What a nightmare.

Apologies for a new thread, but I'm unable to add this to my old thread on this subject.

However, the ******* at the stupid, ******* council have decided to make the situation even ******* worse. With an extra 8-10k at each game this season, they're going to make parking even more restrictive. How counter-intuitive of them to create a ******* problem and then overlay more ******* regulations on top because of their ******* stupidity.

Bunch of *****!

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Parking-permits-scheme-extended/story-21460285-detail/story.html#ixzz37QVN0B1e

Sounds like the good news that local residents have been hoping for.

Park and ******* ride.

I don't understand P&R schemes either. Why drive somewhere you don't want to go, wait around, pay more than the cost of the petrol to use a bus, get dropped off somewhere you don't to be, then walk to where you want? It's just not an enticing option for anyone with an ounce of sense.

The council ******* need to stop rebuilding every road in the entire ******* City over and over and start trying to make the City, and the vicinity of the KP, accessible for motorists.

**** me, just read the above and getting slightly alarmed that I'm turning into Jeremy ******* Clarkson.

Last edited:

Bunch of *****!

I imagine local residents don't see the parking restrictions as the problem that's being "created", or that an extra 8-10k at each game as a reason to ease restrictions either

I imagine local residents don't see the parking restrictions as the problem that's being "created", or that an extra 8-10k at each game as a reason to ease restrictions either

And that interpretation is missing the point entirely. Are you sure you don't work for the council?

The problem is that the council introduced these permit zones, which shoved non-residents to streets slightly further away. The residents in the area where cars had moved to complained and then they too introduced permit zones, which then shoved other cars further away, and so on.

The problem is the stupid policy which is an inconvenience to most local residents and businesses. From a scenario where cars were spread across a wide area, we now have ridiculous concentrations of cars and then streets with virtually no cars which definitely create an issue for locals and car users alike. And it is going to worsen because they're carrying on widening the 'exclusion zone' around the City, whilst at the same time more people are travelling by car to the general vicinity once every couple of weeks for a football match.

Anyone that regularly travels in and out of the City can only interpret the councils transport/roads policy as the work of the clinically insane.

And that interpretation is missing the point entirely. Are you sure you don't work for the council?

The problem is that the council introduced these permit zones, which shoved non-residents to streets slightly further away. The residents in the area where cars had moved to complained and then they too introduced permit zones, which then shoved other cars further away, and so on.

The problem is the stupid policy which is an inconvenience to most local residents and businesses. From a scenario where cars were spread across a wide area, we now have ridiculous concentrations of cars and then streets with virtually no cars which definitely create an issue for locals and car users alike. And it is going to worsen because they're carrying on widening the 'exclusion zone' around the City, whilst at the same time more people are travelling by car to the general vicinity once every couple of weeks for a football match.

Anyone that regularly travels in and out of the City can only interpret the councils transport/roads policy as the work of the clinically insane.

Well if an ability to empathise with residents is a key way of getting offered a job with the council, that's only a good thing. Perhaps I should consider moving nearer home after all.

I notice you don't propose any kind of alternative to parking restrictions, I certainly can't think of one (bang goes that LCC job offer) as asking people nicely not to use their cars for short journeys doesn't seem to work.

I would question the Legality of such restrictions.

No matter where you live 'your property' ends before it meets the public road, surely you have no more right to park there than any other taxed vehicle. Isn't that why properties with drive ways and garages cost more?

I understand that people want to be able to park on a road near their home, but what law is able to enforce it?

Controled Parking Zones and Matchday Parking Schemes are operated across the country and have been for years now. Considering that there's quite the industry for lawyers to get people out of parking and speeding fines, I'm sure that any question of legality of the restrictions themselves was settled a long time ago.

According to http://www.ukmotorists.com/cpz.asp
In law, CPZs don't even exist but are "creatures of statute" and, in order to be enforceable, should comply with rigidly laid down road marking regulations

The Relevant regulations appear to be:
The Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 specifies the reasons for introducing any traffic order:-

For avoiding danger to persons or other traffic using the road or any other road or for preventing the likelihood of any such danger arising, or
For preventing damage to the road or to any building on or near the road, or
For facilitating the passage on the road or any other road of any class of traffic, or
For preventing the use of the road by vehicular traffic of a kind which, is unsuitable having regard to the existing character of the road or adjoining property, or
For preserving the character of the road in a case where it is specially suitable for use by persons on horseback or on foot, or
For preserving or improving the amenities of the area through which the road runs.

In addition in introducing any charges for parking the Highway Authority must take into account the following:-

The need for maintaining the free movement of traffic
The need for maintaining reasonable access to premises
The extent to which parking accommodation otherwise than on highways is available in the neighborhood or the provision of such parking accommodation is likely to be encouraged there by the designation of parking places
Taken from: http://www.surreycc.gov.uk/roads-an...popular-questions-on-controlled-parking-zones

I guess they are using access to premises, but access to the stadium should also be relevant to those regulations.

There is plenty of parking in the Freeman's Common car parks, for a donation to charity, a five minute walk to the stadium, or are you expecting that there should always be free on street parking near to major venues?

There is plenty of parking in the Freeman's Common car parks, for a donation to charity, a five minute walk to the stadium, or are you expecting that there should always be free on street parking near to major venues?

The area that has now been extended into the residents parking scheme is a good 20 minutes + walk from the stadium. The advantage with this area is for those that live on that side of the city it's ideal. Parking around Freemans Common on a matchday will mean a lengthy delay after the game, which will now be severely increased with an extra 10,000 people at the ground. I went to half a dozen away games last season, mostly by car and with a bit of research I was able to street park less than a mile from the ground with no restrictions or payment required. I think the main gripe BN has is, there is very quickly becoming less places to park, despite the growing numbers expected.

In relations to the carping on street in the nether regions of Lester on match days is seen as attributed to 1969 and Gordon (no goals ) Blanks of zero tolerance.

As eating now at the top table rather than echelons of smallville there are inevitables around tuk-tuk parking around areas of large gatherings in capitals and large conurbations rather than lower dumps such as not mentioned in gest Nottingham.

Bring ones tuk-tuk to the area but do not underestimate parking warden offence at parking up in wrong place. Tuk-tuk will be removed and may be clamped too, making any future movement difficult.

Park and ride good scheme of travel or king power foot. Do not drive close to promised area as storm will follow and the eastern prince may turn his back on this.

In relations to the carping on street in the nether regions of Lester on match days is seen as attributed to 1969 and Gordon (no goals ) Blanks of zero tolerance.

As eating now at the top table rather than echelons of smallville there are inevitables around tuk-tuk parking around areas of large gatherings in capitals and large conurbations rather than lower dumps such as not mentioned in gest Nottingham.

Bring ones tuk-tuk to the area but do not underestimate parking warden offence at parking up in wrong place. Tuk-tuk will be removed and may be clamped too, making any future movement difficult.

Park and ride good scheme of travel or king power foot. Do not drive close to promised area as storm will follow and the eastern prince may turn his back on this.
That's a bloody good carp!

Last edited:
What seriously boils my piss is when the council introduces permit parking to roads that are primarily occupied by students.

They don't ****ing have cars and the streets are often totally devoid of vehicles, but no other fecker can park there.

Twats

Last edited:

No, but taking it away surely requires justification. Personally I'm more annoyed by the restrictions around the hospital and the charges you are forced to pay.

Regardless of restrictions, I think next season was always going to be problematic for parking. I'll walking into town or taking the train from Brum (which could be interesting with the majority of away followings coming from that way).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669