Parking

Status
Not open for further replies.
We park on Tudor road or the pay and display just before the holiday Inn roundabout. I understand not everyone is able to walk that far, but for this that are, it seems a sensible idea.

I park in Thirlmere St on the meter .. £2 for 3 hours is cheap in comparison to some towns. If I can't get on a meter I go to the Rowing Club and pay a fiver. I drove past MK Bowl last week when there was a concert on and parking is banned in the street for a long way from the gig. Parking in a field was £20.

I think free parking is very much on its way out now as more councils seek to top up their revenue by charging for parking. The Freemans Common option is a good one as it's often used as a charity fundraiser rather than going straight into the local council coffers.

Frankly, if you can't walk for twenty minutes you ought to be asking the doc about a disabled parking badge - problem solved.

Oh, it's can't /be arsed/ to walk for twenty minutes?

Frankly, if you can't walk for twenty minutes you ought to be asking the doc about a disabled parking badge - problem solved. Oh, it's can't /be arsed/ to walk for twenty minutes?

Or could it be that, after paying £30 for a ticket to 90 minutes of entertainment, you think you should just perhaps be able to park close-ish to the event?

Frankly, if you can't walk for twenty minutes you ought to be asking the doc about a disabled parking badge - problem solved.

Oh, it's can't /be arsed/ to walk for twenty minutes?

What about those of us who are too drunk to walk for 20 minutes?

We park on Tudor road or the pay and display just before the holiday Inn roundabout. I understand not everyone is able to walk that far, but for this that are, it seems a sensible idea.

Now, what was it you were saying about grammar??

Or could it be that, after paying £30 for a ticket to 90 minutes of entertainment, you think you should just perhaps be able to park close-ish to the event?

How does paying a football club £30 make it the local authority's responsibility to make sure you can park where you want?

Oh give over, if lcfc decide to lay on a car park as part of the ticket price that's fine. But none of the £30 you're handing over is going to the people who are getting their streets blocked up is it.

Oh give over, if lcfc decide to lay on a car park as part of the ticket price that's fine. But none of the £30 you're handing over is going to the people who are getting their streets blocked up is it.

Yeah wasn't really a valid point was it.

Either way what's annoying (and what I was perhaps three steps ahead of myself with) is that in situations like this, neither council nor football club offers an alternative. They just say 'no', and if you are not from leicester but come to most games, you are stuffed as you're unlikely to know the area well enough to quickly find a new space.

How does paying a football club £30 make it the local authority's responsibility to make sure you can park where you want?

There are two sets of responsibilities that aren't being fulfilled here.

Firstly from a football club that are diligently trying to ensure that 32,000 people attend their premises on at least nineteen occasions over the season. They offer a few hundred over-priced parking spaces, mainly for employees or corporate attendees and nothing to the remaining 31k+. At the very least, I'd expect them to be lobbying the council about maximising parking opportunities.

Secondly, there is a level of responsibility from a local authority that cannot wait to hold civic reception or a bus parade that they can latch onto for publicity purposes. Or the mayor grinning inanely and being interviewed about his love of the club at any opportunity. What they have done over recent years in a number of locations around the KP is restrict or remove places to park. This is just another example. Some people remain unaffected and their routine remains unchanged but for many, especially on the side of the City the policy is being implemented on, this policy is getting ridiculous. And for those so far unaffected, the impact of these changes will gradually impinge on your routine and more as more people attend or are displaced. The council expressly want people to go to games judging by their statements about the benefits for the City of the club being in the Premier League, but they are making is increasingly difficult for us to do it.

I say it again, we're going to have 8-10k more per match at games this season and we're gradually and systematically reducing parking options around the stadium. Surely this isn't sensible? Why should any supporter, whether they be mobile or not, be expected to walk ludicrous distances to get to their destination? Why should any supporter be expected to sit in a traffic jam following a match for absurd amounts of time because everyone is gradually being crammed into a smaller area?

It's potty. There are obvious and simple things both club and council can do to make things easier but either they can't be arsed or they're purposely being vindictive *****.

And meanwhile, on matchdays in the streets around the stadium, the empty spaces grow alongside the occasional desperate fan parking up as the traffic warden swoops. Whilst elsewhere the road rage and log jams increase and increase. And there are people in this thread supporting this nonsense!

There are two sets of responsibilities that aren't being fulfilled here.

Firstly from a football club that are diligently trying to ensure that 32,000 people attend their premises on at least nineteen occasions over the season. They offer a few hundred over-priced parking spaces, mainly for employees or corporate attendees and nothing to the remaining 31k+. At the very least, I'd expect them to be lobbying the council about maximising parking opportunities.

Secondly, there is a level of responsibility from a local authority that cannot wait to hold civic reception or a bus parade that they can latch onto for publicity purposes. Or the mayor grinning inanely and being interviewed about his love of the club at any opportunity. What they have done over recent years in a number of locations around the KP is restrict or remove places to park. This is just another example. Some people remain unaffected and their routine remains unchanged but for many, especially on the side of the City the policy is being implemented on, this policy is getting ridiculous. And for those so far unaffected, the impact of these changes will gradually impinge on your routine and more as more people attend or are displaced. The council expressly want people to go to games judging by their statements about the benefits for the City of the club being in the Premier League, but they are making is increasingly difficult for us to do it.

I say it again, we're going to have 8-10k more per match at games this season and we're gradually and systematically reducing parking options around the stadium. Surely this isn't sensible? Why should any supporter, whether they be mobile or not, be expected to walk ludicrous distances to get to their destination? Why should any supporter be expected to sit in a traffic jam following a match for absurd amounts of time because everyone is gradually being crammed into a smaller area?

It's potty. There are obvious and simple things both club and council can do to make things easier but either they can't be arsed or they're purposely being vindictive *****.

And meanwhile, on matchdays in the streets around the stadium, the empty spaces grow alongside the occasional desperate fan parking up as the traffic warden swoops. Whilst elsewhere the road rage and log jams increase and increase. And there are people in this thread supporting this nonsense!
Is it only right to acknowledge that on this issue Foxes Talk and The Mercury have done rather better than Talking Balls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669