Partick Thistle Friendly Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socraties

Hi everyone,

Any news about how things are going up there yet?

1st post on here - Hi to all!

Lee

it's 3-0 to City.... Mark De Vries has scored a three minute hat-trick. The first one a solo-run and finish from the half way line. The second one a chip into the top corner from 25 yards and the third one an overhead kick from 12 yards.

Last edited:
Livescore is usually not that accurate, but it says 0-0 in halftime so we have to trust that I guess... If someone else hasn't heard something else?

I don't believe there is a way of either listening or reading anything up on these type of events, unless you play in the Premiership...

Londonfox: Whilst I like your sarcasm there, I have to say I've been impressed with De Vries this pre season...At least he's giving it a go eh...Don't hold your breath though haha, He'll be back to his moaning self as soon as the real games start.

0-0 half time

From the OS. ;)

HT: Partick Thistle 0-0 Leicester City
Posted on: Tue 24 Jul 2007

City's first chance of the game came in the 13th minute of the contest. Stephen Clemence threaded a delightful ball into the path of Mark de Vries, but the big striker saw his shot well blocked by Jags defender Scott Boyd.

The Foxes came close again five minutes later. Richard Stearman, who had started the game in a right-wing position, swung in a corner from the right, but Clemence's acrobatic volley from the edge of the 18-yard box fell just over the bar.

Clemence was in the thick of the action again on 23 minutes. The former Birmingham midfielder picked up a loose clearance in the middle of the park and fed a fine ball through to Alan Sheehan, but the Irishman saw his shot from distance comfortably saved by Jonathan Tuffey in the Jags goal.

Thistle had their first clear chance on goal a minute later. Stevie Murray swung in a corner from the right, but striker Liam Buchanan was unable to get a clean strike on the ball at the far post and Henderson was able to gather easily.

A quick move down the right almost produced a chance for the home side in the 28th minute, but Stearman was on hand to produce an excellent block and thus end any danger.

Jags striker Buchanan broke through the City backline with five minutes of the half remaining, but Stearman was on his toes again and made up ground to recover and make another good block.

City: Henderson, Chambers, N'Gotty, McAuley ©, Mattock, Stearman, Kishishev, Clemence, Sheehan, Fryatt, de Vries.
Subs: Hume, Logan, Wesolowski, Newton, Hellings, Odhiambo.

Thistle: Tuffey, Robertson, Archibald, Boyd, Harkins, Donnelly, Trialist, Buchanan, Roberts, Murray.
Subs: Hinchcliffe, Chaplain, McStay, Lennon, Strachan, Gibson, Trialist.

Att: 1,403

Partick T. 0 - 1 Leicester

Union Solingen 1 - 10 Wuppertaler

Bet they're dancing on the streets of Wuppertaler tonight.

Union Solingen 1 - 10 Wuppertaler

Bet they're dancing on the streets of Wuppertaler tonight.

1-0 down as well.. that's some comeback, "alright boys, I think we're clear now.. "

65' Partick Thistle 0 - 2 Leicester C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00