party venue

Status
Not open for further replies.

newtonfox

Last edited:

Willlow

I see Newton is ruining another thread trying to be controversial! :icon_roll

What day is the party on? If it is a Saturday it might be worth changing to a Friday, you might find bars are more willing to let you hire places.

I remember that Squares used to do 18 b'day parties. Dont know if they still do or if it is still called Squares:icon_redf

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Places are not that keen to host 18th birthday parties because according to the law of averages half the guests are likely to be under 18. However hard they try to uphold the licensing laws, the half that is over 18 will get alcohol for the half that is under 18 with foreseeable consequences.

Non-licensed venues tend to avoid such parties because of their previous experience with them. It's really unfortunate that the age/birthday that is supposed to be celebrated, perhaps, above all others is so difficult to organise.

Have you tried Macdonalds or Burger King?

GazLCFC

I see Newton is ruining another thread trying to be controversial! :icon_roll

What day is the party on? If it is a Saturday it might be worth changing to a Friday, you might find bars are more willing to let you hire places.

I remember that Squares used to do 18 b'day parties. Dont know if they still do or if it is still called Squares:icon_redf

It's now called The Park, and sells beers at £1.25 per pint from 9am through till midnight. I'm sure you can imagine the majority of people it attracts.

Cate Fox

It's now called The Park, and sells beers at £1.25 per pint from 9am through till midnight. I'm sure you can imagine the majority of people it attracts.

Having walked past on a Saturday afternoon and heard them bellowing karaoke badly, I wouldnt recommend the place...

Siouxsie

No thanks, I have loads already.

Places are not that keen to host 18th birthday parties because according to the law of averages half the guests are likely to be under 18. However hard they try to uphold the licensing laws, the half that is over 18 will get alcohol for the half that is under 18 with foreseeable consequences.

Non-licensed venues tend to avoid such parties because of their previous experience with them. It's really unfortunate that the age/birthday that is supposed to be celebrated, perhaps, above all others is so difficult to organise.

This is a problem we are coming across eg Time near the station was suggested but they said they'd check id and under 18s aren't allowed. Well that excludes my daughter's b/f then as he is 2 weeks younger!

It was much easier when it was pass the parcel, and jelly

spionfox

For an 18th? Worth telling them that just to see the look on their face at the thought of street cred going out of the window :icon_lol:

Nottingham Fox

I know The Blackbird on the corner of Anstey Lane / Blackbird Road has a function room upstairs. I also know that it's had functions for people of the age in question. It's recently had a full refurb too.

You might be ok as it's out of the city centre but only by a 15 minute walk, so if the people of age fancy heading in to town aftewards they are very close. Loads of parking too, for those that are driving.

Boy Genius

Banned
I know The Blackbird on the corner of Anstey Lane / Blackbird Road has a function room upstairs. I also know that it's had functions for people of the age in question. It's recently had a full refurb too.

You might be ok as it's out of the city centre but only by a 15 minute walk, so if the people of age fancy heading in to town aftewards they are very close. Loads of parking too, for those that are driving.

a 15 minute ****ing walk????? you must walk fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670