party venue

Status
Not open for further replies.
a 15 minute ****ing walk????? you must walk fast

Ok 15 mins might be pushing it, but from The Blackbird to the start of town (Churchgate) can't be much more than 20 mins. Ravensbridge Dr down to St Margarets Way is only 7-8 mins, and from there to the start of Churchgate cannot be much more than 10-12 mins :102:

I met Boc outside the ground on Sat at 5.07pm and made the train to Nottingham at 5.30pm.

Ok 15 mins might be pushing it, but from The Blackbird to the start of town (Churchgate) can't be much more than 20 mins. Ravensbridge Dr down to St Margarets Way is only 7-8 mins, and from there to the start of Churchgate cannot be much more than 10-12 mins :102:

I met Boc outside the ground on Sat at 5.07pm and made the train to Nottingham at 5.30pm.
you couriers are all the same........

According to google it's 0.7 miles. I would walk the way you'd drive. Thats achievable in less than 20 mins. Even by a fat **** like me!

I drive like a twat in town, it's the only way. Now Boc did say you walk like a twat though, so you must be correct.....:icon_bigg

Let's see what the ever-useful walkit.com has got to say about it.

Blackbird pub to the clock tower:

Distance:
1.1 miles
1.8 km

Walking time:
17 mins fast
22 mins medium
33 mins slow

Calorie burn:
97 fast
92 medium
86 slow

Let's see what the ever-useful walkit.com has got to say about it.

Is that the same ever-useful site that doesn't even have Leicester listed as one of its City's :102:

walkit.jpg

Last edited:
Is that the same ever-useful site that doesn't even have Leicester listed as one of its City's :102:

Are you suggesting that I made the figures up?

Choose London or any other city, input LE (or any other) postcodes and away you go.

"Small town near London; you're just a small town near London".

Last edited:

When me and the missus lived opposite the Blackbird we could comfortably walk into town in under 15 minutes, though I suppose it depends what you class as town. I am using St Margrets as reference.

I know The Blackbird on the corner of Anstey Lane / Blackbird Road has a function room upstairs. I also know that it's had functions for people of the age in question. It's recently had a full refurb too.

You might be ok as it's out of the city centre but only by a 15 minute walk, so if the people of age fancy heading in to town aftewards they are very close. Loads of parking too, for those that are driving.

Still wouldn't bother with the place after it's refurb - the bar staff shocking and the locals rough as feck. Lazzer is aware of the tales of Ken The Milkman from Baco.(I'm guessing he is, if not tell Baco he backed Crouch to score last night and stuck £5k on it (Ken the Milkmen that is))...leering 80 yr old homeless fella who loves coming in when there's a party on with 16-21 year olds.

Now if you were to invite me to the party, they'd be no trouble at all. As I am top boy in the local area and I do not tolerate trouble on my door step.

I'd agree. 15 minutes piece of piss.

Try 'Willie Thorne's Snooker Club' in town. We've had a few parties in there and a few 18th's and 21st's. Highly recommend the place for a shindig.

I would take more offence to Bocs chant than the leeds one

Oh shit! That's twice I've upset him in less than a month.

I was only trying to emphasise that the walkit.com site does workm for Leicester FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669