Paul Aldridge Leaves Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official statement

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~1327359,00.html

Official Statement
Posted on: Thu 12 Jun 2008
Leicester City are today delighted to announce the appointment of Lee Hoos as Chief Executive Officer with immediate effect.

Hoos brings a wealth of experience to the Foxes, having previously held the post at both Fulham and Southampton.

He replaces Paul Aldridge, who has stepped down of his own accord to pursue another business opportunity.

Chairman Milan Mandaric said: "I am extremely pleased to unveil Lee as our new Chief Executive.

"He has ten years of experience in the industry under his belt and he is someone who has impressed me greatly when our paths have crossed in the past.

"This promises to be a very exciting time for the club and I am confident that Lee will be a great asset to us in our quest for promotion."

Hoos added: "This is an excellent club with a fantastic infrastructure and I am delighted to be here.

"Upon leaving Southampton I was approached by a number of clubs - but as soon as I was aware of the interest from Leicester my mind was made up.

"I know all too well from my time with Fulham what a difficult division this is to get out of, but together I am confident that we can get this club moving in the right direction once again.

"In Mohammed Al-Fayed I worked with an incredibly driven and passionate man and I see all of those qualities and more in Milan. I'm really looking forward to the challenge that lies ahead."

Mandaric also paid tribute to the departing Aldridge.

He said: "I would like to place on record my sincere thanks to Paul for all of his efforts during what has been a very difficult period for the club. He goes with our very best wishes. I am sure he will be successful in his new project and will remain a friend to both myself and Leicester City."

Aldridge added: "I have thoroughly enjoyed my short time at Leicester City. There are few owners in football with the passion and commitment of Milan Mandaric. I wish him and the club every success for the future.

"I have known Lee for 10 years and had no hesitation in recommending him to Milan as my replacement. This club is blessed with some great people and I am confident they will ensure the stay in League One will be a short one."

Paul will speak further on the website prior to handing over the reins to Lee.

Last edited:
Call me stupid, but what exactly is the job of a Chief Executive Officer at a football club?

Now that Mickey Adams guy the Saints fans group chap was talking about has got a good track record!

Official Statement said:
Leicester City are today delighted to announce the appointment of Lee Hoos as Chief Executive Officer with immediate effect.

Official Statement said:
Paul will speak further on the website prior to handing over the reins to Lee.

:102:

Perhaps Al-Fayed has grown weary of Fulham and is a prospective investor looking for a new pet project? Sent in a scout. Just a thought.:102:

He should have been sacked. This club has done nothing but crumble around his ears the whole time he was here. Obviously incompetent. Another stroke of genius from our Serbian benefactor. Hail Milan.

Call me stupid, but what exactly is the job of a Chief Executive Officer at a football club?

The CEO is supposed to run the club operations day to day. The only part of the club he's not supposed to run is the playing side, which is the Team Manager's remit.

Of course, in the world of Mad Mandy, none of this means a thing. As Aldridge and Davies found out, their owner will routinely follow his own policies and agenda entirely separate to the CEO. This leads to embarrassing contradictions and double-handling.

This is the right of the owner, but I do wonder what the point is of a CEO under MM. He may as well just appoint a secretary type person to take forward his wishes. An independant mind is not a requirement of the role.

I believe MM also applies exactly the same level of interference and influence on the playing side, making the role of Team Manager similarly pointless. Personally, I'd have a lot more respect for the man if he simply admitted that's what he wants to do, like Ron Noades did at Brentford, and let us judge him instead of his stooges.

Thought he came over a a big tit IMO and non more evident than the season ticket pricing fiasco!

No big.

well I dont really give two ****s, our clubs a joke blah blah blah.......I can't understand why mad mandy can not have someone below him working their magic??......How many wives you think this crazy barstards gone through ????

In another bizarre tiwst, I've just seen the mock-up for the redevelopment of the ground

Billy_Smarts_Circus_Tent_with_Generator_Truck_R499.00.jpg

lmao:038:

Milan is poison to our club!!!

No nothing good has happened since he has been here, gone through 4 managers and looking appoint a 5th manager, gone through like 20 + players and how many of them are still here, relegated from the championship, gone through 2 CEO's.

Who ever the next manager is has to be a 'Yes-Guy' otherwise he is gone, this club is going down very fast, i am really worried now.

I don't care about the money he has invested into the club and the team but the main fact is we are still not good, and we won't be a good club until he leaves.

Maybe I'm being a bit naive here, and I'm sure the conspiracy theorists and Mad Mandy haters will tell me otherwise... but isn't it possible that the statement is actually true, and Aldridge really has just left because he spotted a good opportunity elsewhere, rather than he can't stand MM?

The comments from both Aldridge and Mandaric, and the fact that they're going to have an interview with Aldridge on the OS later suggests to me that it's not particularly an unhappy departure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669