Paul Gallagher - New 4yr contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
if all 3 sign up then IMO that would be more important than any of the others this season, possibly even Sven.

if all 3 sign up then IMO that would be more important than any of the others this season, possibly even Sven.

Indeed - pretty much guarantees us a much bigger transfer fee when we sell them in the summer.....

Great news. Has been one of our best players this season. Don't think he gets the credit he deserves really.

I wouldn't say of the season. It's only in recent months that he has brought the defending side into his game.

Up until then it was a question of whether he was a luxury player we coul afford to carry.
He seems to be fulfilling a lot of the promise that we, (okay, a lot of us) were all waiting for.

Im glad Paul has signed too, just hope King and Wellands do the same.

Me too - gotta love that perm and tash combo

wellandcoli.jpg

Again, will be glad to see him signing up to stick around. But that's a long contract for someone who turns 31 in a week's time.

Agreed. It seems like we're keener to get these players signed than to worry about the long term cost. Which could imply the owners are happy to invest the cash. Or that they're stupid. Or neither.

God yeah, that's ancient...

It's old(er) in football terms for a centre midfielder.

Agreed. It seems like we're keener to get these players signed than to worry about the long term cost. Which could imply the owners are happy to invest the cash. Or that they're stupid. Or neither.

It's old(er) in football terms for a centre midfielder.

And 34/35, which he would be by the end of his contract, is even older.

And 34/35, which he would be by the end of his contract, is even older.

Especially given the fact that we have no idea where we'll be in 3-4 years. For a mid-Championship team I can understand tieing him down as they're unlikely to be going anywhere, but Wellens could easily be surplus to requirements in 2 years and I doubt others will be too keen to match his wages for a 33 year old.

Although tbh, as long as him and Gally are happy and the owners are content to continue to finance the club, in the short term this is certainly a good thing.

I believe Matt Elliott was just shy of 33 when he signed his final 4 year contract with us. Another of Taylor's "signings" that went tits up, I suppose.

Richie Wellens to sign new contract. There's also a potential medical at Belvoir Drive today... Don't know who

There's also a potential medical at Belvoir Drive today... Don't know who

I do. The press boys have insisted that you are screened for any nasties before you join them tomorrow. Get ready to cough.

EMT has just done a segement on Gally and his contract, although the piece was mainly about Sven comparing him to Beckham.

Showed a few of his goals, he doesn't really unspectacular does he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58