Speculation Paul Ince wanted as next manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quite likely any manager that the club has is going to have the task of continuing to reduce the wage bill, high earners like Beckford, Danns, SSL, Nugent, Kasper, Konchesky, Wellens, Gally will have to go somehow, to be replaced with more of the ManU cast off type players. Ince just isn't any good and wouldn't work in this type of role.

It's quite likely any manager that the club has is going to have the task of continuing to reduce the wage bill, high earners like Beckford, Danns, SSL, Nugent, Kasper, Konchesky, Wellens, Gally will have to go somehow, to be replaced with more of the ManU cast off type players. Ince just isn't any good and wouldn't work in this type of role.

I think we'll get rid of the high earners who aren't key players but I think we will keep Kasper and Nugent.

I think we'll get rid of the high earners who aren't key players but I think we will keep Kasper and Nugent.

We might try to keep Kasper and Nugent but they are possibly the only players on that list that would get a transfer fee and not need paying off, I think we might find the owners deciding not to gamble next season and cut their cloth accordingly.

Last edited:

Within here lies my biggest wish to keep Pear Son on. He knows the stock of the current squad, so there is no evaluating period of the first six months like you have with a new manager. Allow him to build a full squad of his own. He did a very, very good job with Hull doing this. Cafey will debate it but their current season is down to a lot of work by Pearson clearing out players like Bullard etc.

This season has ended like a shitter, fair enough. But hopefully Pearson will learn from his mistakes, correct them and build upon it. I couldn't care less about his ''assumed'' personality (thanks to dealing with a utter twat in the local media).

If he fails early on next season, have a switch then. The options out there are frankly scary and I don't think it will change in the Summer (bar possibly Big Sam becoming available).

Somone needs to take leadership of this club very quickly.

Within here lies my biggest wish to keep Pear Son on. He knows the stock of the current squad, so there is no evaluating period of the first six months like you have with a new manager. Allow him to build a full squad of his own. He did a very, very good job with Hull doing this. Cafey will debate it but their current season is down to a lot of work by Pearson clearing out players like Bullard etc.

This season has ended like a shitter, fair enough. But hopefully Pearson will learn from his mistakes, correct them and build upon it. I couldn't care less about his ''assumed'' personality (thanks to dealing with a utter twat in the local media).

If he fails early on next season, have a switch then. The options out there are frankly scary and I don't think it will change in the Summer (bar possibly Big Sam becoming available).

The problems with this approach, are that Pearson's evaluation of players changes with each row and whilst he, or Steve Walsh, took some useful players to Hull, it took another manager, whom we arrogant Leicester fans wouldn't touch with a barge pole, to get them seriously challenging.

He is a dead man walking, we need to start worrying about whjo the next miserable failure might be.

The problems with this approach, are that Pearson's evaluation of players changes with each row and whilst he, or Steve Walsh, took some useful players to Hull, it took another manager, whom we arrogant Leicester fans wouldn't touch with a barge pole, to get them seriously challenging.

How many rows have there been?

Can anyone actually prove that Pearson has fallen out with any player in the squad? Plenty of gossip on forums but that's all it is.

Last edited:

Some good points here. It doesn't matter which manager comes in, we will still be held back by the massive Sven wages and the egos that come with them. Those that feel Danns and Beckford merit a place are probably the same people that wanted Chris Weale over Ricardo.

Whilst I agree that he might be the best option available to us, I still think he'll be off in the summer. Or as soon as the Thais tap up some big-name wannabe.

The problems with this approach, are that Pearson's evaluation of players changes with each row .

Do we have any fact proving 'rows'?

It's been fans assuming and twitter 'journalists' claiming it. The connecting link between the jettisoned loanees has been high wages and poor personal performances.

If anything judging from my experiences with teams losing confidence and form in sports, I'd say there hasn't been a row. I see disinterested players who've took an approach of avoiding effort and responsibility. They strug their shoulders and leave it at that. I don't see players shouting at each other (bar Kasper) and over-trying at all (a very common trait of relegated sides).

Bruce has never been linked with the Leicester job, so I think it's nonsense to suggest the fans 'arrogantly wouldn't touch him'.

Last edited:
Thank you Durham.

You are nearly correct on the point about me being (generally) right.

This is on the basis that I've seen it all before and it helps not to be a dumbo!

But you are incorrect in saying that I didn't post it. I have already said that we will find it difficult to replace Pearson with a quality manager - but i won't bore you with repeating my reasons nor can I be arsed to refer you to the precise # of the post.

It's not even funny though is it?

And yet it's the biggest joke I've ever seen.

I'd have to question my commitment for next season if this happened.

The thought that Ince might be our next manager brings true perspective as to where we are as a club. All our dreams are becoming nightmares.

I'm by no means suggesting that we should offer Paul Ince the job, but I do feel the amount of flak he has got on here is a little harsh.

He's only been at Blackpool since mid February and managed 7 games for them. They sit 10th in the current form table and have beaten high flying Watford at Vicarage Road in that time. He's lost two games with them since being there, one of which was his very first game against Leeds. It's by no means an abysmal record. He's had some poor stints as manager at other clubs but I don't think he deserves the reputation he has on here. I think I'd rather take a chance on him than offering the job to someone like Mark Hughes

How are we going to do that?

You are so right.

We buy for OTT prices. We pay OTT wages. We'll have to sell them at prices as cheap as chips or loan them out and continue to subsidise other clubs.

When I was a youth we were a selling club - but now we've moved on.

Next manager faces a few challenges.

I'm afraid Matt B's assumption that it is in our gift to hold on to players like Kasper and Nugent is endearingly and yypically unrealistic. Unless a remarkable upturn occurs in the next few weeks - don't expect Kasper to be here come the middle of August.

He's not a bad keeper but he's no better than a dozen others. He might go but I don't see loads of clubs clamouring for his signature.

He's the best we've had for a long time but I'd be surprised if he went to the Prem as first choice.

Can anyone actually prove that Pearson has fallen out with any player in the squad? Plenty of gossip on forums but that's all it is.

Is it necessarily NP that has fallen out with the players or players that have fallen out with each other (so a loss of team ethic)

Just seems interesting that NP is making a few comments about players individual responsibility now, could be down to pressure of losing job, but could easily be to sort a kindagarten rift out

Is it necessarily NP that has fallen out with the players or players that have fallen out with each other (so a loss of team ethic)

Just seems interesting that NP is making a few comments about players individual responsibility now, could be down to pressure of losing job, but could easily be to sort a kindagarten rift out

So when he comes out and says that they are all trying and we'll keep working on the training ground, he's not being honest, and when he comes out and says he players aren't trying hard enough, it's because he's fallen out with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669