Paul Jewell !

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKFox

My mate owns a signwriting business and he's just had an order for a door plaque from city.
'Gary Mac, manager' they want.

fitz

You are not alone HF. Who knows what happened. Bob Hazell IMO is as good as they come for info :102:

hopefully so, tigana/jewell are above us i think and everyone else linked is just shite so holloway is the best option

highland fox

My mate owns a signwriting business and he's just had an order for a door plaque from city.

You might not be far from the truth there actually Mk

BOB HAZELL

Plan B, I believe......(or perhaps C, D, E, F etc)

Knowing our track record - and the fact there's been no official announcement yet - it's a fair shout...

Your mate's signwriting business must do well out of us, MK.....:lol:

Disco Bob

If you’ve been out for a night and you’re looking for a young lady and you pull one, you’ve done what you set out to do. We didn’t look our best today but we’ve pulled. Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they’re not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi. She may not have been the best looking lady we ended up taking home but it was still very pleasant and very nice, so thanks very much and let’s have coffee.

escos66

hopefully so, tigana/jewell are above us i think and everyone else linked is just shite so holloway is the best option

Why is jewell above us he had stupid amounts of money at wigan and he just kept them up and he was shit at sheff weds he over acheived at bratford but imo the only person that thinks he is too good is paul jewell himself, he has done no more than reid and nobody wants him (including me). I am not saying he would not be good for us but he is no way above us

fitz

Why is jewell above us he had stupid amounts of money at wigan and he just kept them up and he was shit at sheff weds he over acheived at bratford but imo the only person that thinks he is too good is paul jewell himself, he has done no more than reid and nobody wants him (including me). I am not saying he would not be good for us but he is no way above us

as he knows he would be offered a premiership job should vacancies appear. we are not a premiership club, neither are we a capable championship side...

escos66

as he knows he would be offered a premiership job should vacancies appear. we are not a premiership club, neither are we a capable championship side...

But why do premiership chairmen think so much of him,we may not be a capable championship side at present but we are a capable championship club and any decent manager should see that with the right direction and a few inspired signings we could be be a very capable side.
It is a no lose situation you turn lcfc around and you are a hero you dont and nobody expected you to anyway, with milams money its an egotistical managers dream job!

escos66

If holloway did come it would be interseting to see what he did with money as i dont think he has ever had much at any club he has been at!

spionfox

:038::038::038:

FWIW, I think he is ever so slightly over-rated too.

Steven

I think BH is trying to tell us that Holloway is 'almost' a deal.

If it is true I openly question Mandaric's ambition. Holloway is not a Manager to takes us in the PL and there are better candidates. If MM will not hire them then it says to me that he is gambling on Holloway to get promotion and what is Plan B when it fails. :icon_sad: :102:

Babylon

Sack him and get another one.... I know lots about sackings.

Bully10

This is a good point. Although I have always thought he did an excellent job at Bradford, he did have lots to spend at Wigan, but also built an excellent Championship team. You could argue that he jumped a sinking ship at Wigan when he left and Hutchings may have proved that.

I would still settle for him or Holloway though. I'm struggling to see (as I'm drunk and have blurred vision) who else it could be but Holloway now. If it were to be Tigana surely he would be in by now? Jewell may be holding out for the Ireland job but Milan is too hard nosed to play second fiddle isn't he?

Holloway has shown he has the ability to build a good team but has never had the opportunity at the next level up in money terms so this might be enough for Milan to have a punt on him. However I did read in his BBC diary that he buying a house in Pymouth so maybe he is settled there?

Whoever it is I wish they would just hurry up. I'm getting bored now.

Lostfox

After reading this thread could MM be waiting for Worthington again? I could be wrong but his contract might be up soon. :102:

Brown Nose

After reading this thread could MM be waiting for Worthington again? I could be wrong but his contract might be up soon. :102:

No chance Worthington will be back.

However, one possibility is McLeish. Jim Traynor from the Daily Record has just been on Sky saying he expects McLeish to quit as Scotland boss now as he wants to be a club manager and Scotland don't have another competitive game for 10 months.

It's well known that Mandaric wanted McLeish one time at Pompey before Redknapp came back a couple of years ago. He was refused permission to speak to him when he was still at Rangers.

Also, the fella from the Record said that McLeish already has one or two offers from "down South".

Stranger things have happened. It appears as though the only other contenders still in the running are Tigana and Holloway. Talk about chalk and cheese!

Last edited:

Redditch Fox

If it is true I openly question Mandaric's ambition. Holloway is not a Manager to takes us in the PL and there are better candidates. If MM will not hire them then it says to me that he is gambling on Holloway to get promotion and what is Plan B when it fails. :icon_sad: :102:

Holloway looks about the mark that we are at - and would be a fair enough appointment. IMO Mandaric would be doing well if he can persuade him to leave Plymouth for the mess that we are.

Jewell - whether people on this forum like it or not - is out of our league these days. We have a lot of ground to make up before we could attract someone of his standing in the current managers' market.

I'm glad at least that the nonsense about Tigana is dying down a bit. I am constantly amazed at supporters' naivety.

NN Fox

His contract is up at the end of the Euro qualifiers, so next Wednesday presumably. MM might just be regretting letting him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669