Paula Radcliffe

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverFox

Well done on winning the New York Marathon! Britain is pround of your fightback! :) Its good to see someone who won't give in!

highland fox said:
Saw this thread title and thought we'd signed her!

Shes got the pace that Dublin lacks! That and she never stops trying...so better than Dublin on all accounts :lol:

SilverFox said:
Well done on winning the New York Marathon! Britain is pround of your fightback! :) Its good to see someone who won't give in!

Like she gave in during the olympics!

good to see she has got straight back into running instead of dweeling on Athens.

but it still rankles that she 'gave up' twice' because she knew she was out of the running for the Gold. ANY medal in the Olympics is an acheivement-especially when you haven't won one in previous games.

i'd rather look to the efforts of Kelly Holmes,who competed in both events and won Gold.

drummindefender said:
i believe she showed great bouncebackability

i dunno, i thought she looked quite flat chested :D :wink:

Micky said:
SilverFox said:

Like she gave in during the olympics!

Exactly, I could understand it when she dropped out of the marathon but when she quit during the 15000 metres it was dreadful. Very unsporting and snobbish.

As Viz said this issue, last time I went to Athens and slumped down on the kerbside crying I'd had three bottles of uzo and a dodgy mousaka...so if that's how she prepares no wonder she didn't complete the race

Well done to Paula, she has received a lot of undeserved stick since the olympics, I'm delighted she came back to show everyone she is still the best at long distance running. Well done Paula.

there was a lot more to her pulling out of both events than has been said. Lots of stuff behind the scenes. So it was no surprise when she did pull out. I think its ll been sorted now so hopefully she will be back to her best. WELL DONE PAULA AND WELCOME BACK!!!! :D

She will be sponsored by Fun Size Snickers next year ....because sometimes a whole marathon is just to much

When she dropped out of the 15000m I thought that a Star had burst.

Joe_Fox said:
When she dropped out of the 15000m I thought that a Star had burst.

someone asked me if she would i replied "she's bounty" (just for highland :wink: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669