Pearson In

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you do a shite piece of work for your employer and they tell you it's great, it's both meaningless and makes you lose respect for your employer.

It's all about the tone. Take it from one who is very familiar with sarcasm!

Booing people who are clearly trying but potentially not good enough is the action of a wanker in my opinion.

If they weren't putting the effort in then fair do's, but lets be honest BN, they don't deserve it and you probably know that deep down.

Do you have kids? When you play against them at board games or sporting activities, do you go easy on them or let them win? That's what fans supporting shite performances is like.

The right thing to do is to encourage and support your kids as much as possible whenever it's appropriate. But if you don't show them that life isn't easy, you're not being a good parent. It's important to teach kids how to deal with the realities of life. Trying hard isn't enough. That's for the inane 'everyone's a winner' bollocks at sports days.

If players are that weak and vulnerable as to crumble in the face of a few boos, they have no place calling themselves professional footballers. I supported them on Saturday throughout, I sang and cheered to the end. I expressed nothing negative towards our players at all. But sometimes, booing them is exactly the right thing to do. For their sakes as well as ours.

The main issue I have is with this recent statement from so many that the players aren't good enough. Where has this suddenly come from? I think we have a better squad than some of the teams that are above us in the table. Remember NP saying after the Burnley game that we were a superior club in every respect? He was right. But if you look at the table, it suggests something different. Our players are better than two points from thirty three. That isn't something to cheer, accept or excuse. When the time is right, it's entirely the right behaviour for supporters to tell them what they're doing isn't good enough.

Last edited:
Cheering shite is much worse than booing.
It isn't a binary proposition, there are more than two options available. Not booing your team does not mean that inane cheering of shite is all that you have left to do.

And not molly coddling your kids doesn't mean you have to be a ****.

****ing shite Victorian tough love bollocks.

When my kids really try at something but don't quite get it right, I ridicule them and occasionally verbally thrash them.

It makes them want to try harder and really strengthens the relationship between us.

Only last week my youngest son was placed in a higher age group in athletics, he didn't win his heat or make it to county finals so I booed him in the car park after the meet and all his friends laughed at him, I'm sure he'll jump higher next time.

* I don't have children

I think it's great playing against kids because it's usually relatively easy to chalk up victories against them.

I agree. Pearson took over a team that was in what is really the Third Division and got them into the Premier League for the first time in ten years. There were hiccups along the way but they were the fault of Paulo Sousa and Sven.

Contrary to common belief boards are too slow to sack managers. We have all worked with people who are not up to the kob and it becomes apparent very quickly. The boardwill soon know whether managers are up to the job or not. If not get them out as soon as possible as happened with Martin Allen and Paulo Sousa. If a manager is clearly up to the job you keep him.

It is simple. A good manager does nor become a bad manager.

Do you believe a manager can be good in one league and not another tho?

Southampton got rid of the manager who got them promoted and it paid off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669