Pearson In

Status
Not open for further replies.
After you've exhausted yourself with all the booing and laughing, will you feel any level of culpability when the demoralised team don't get a result?

Culpable - are you taking the piss? So if we win tomorrow, it's because of NP and if we lose it's because some people booed the poor darlings?

Firstly, I doubt if the players can get any more demoralised than they already are. Secondly, why should I cheer and whoop or sit silently when I watch utter shite? Mostly, players and/or managers deserve supporting or cheering. However, when the time is right, an impassioned boo can be entirely appropriate. It's a tremendously cathartic thing to do and I heartily recommend it, even when watching a stream of the game.

If I were a player, I'd have more respect for fans that expressed deserved dissatisfaction than idiots cheering ineptitude.

I never ever at no time boo my team. Period.

Culpable - are you taking the piss? So if we win tomorrow, it's because of NP and if we lose it's because some people booed the poor darlings?

Firstly, I doubt if the players can get any more demoralised than they already are. Secondly, why should I cheer and whoop or sit silently when I watch utter shite? Mostly, players and/or managers deserve supporting or cheering. However, when the time is right, an impassioned boo can be entirely appropriate. It's a tremendously cathartic thing to do and I heartily recommend it, even when watching a stream of the game.

If I were a player, I'd have more respect for fans that expressed deserved dissatisfaction than idiots cheering ineptitude.
I'll take that as a no so

I expect cafe to come back with 'I know you are, what am I?'

Followed by guffaws and a lonely self congratulatory tug.

Fantastic post. All this bollox about not booing is exactly that. Of course if you don't want to boo that's cool with me but mindless cheering in the face of ineptitude is something I'll never understand.

Fantastic post. All this bollox about not booing is exactly that. Of course if you don't want to boo that's cool with me but mindless cheering in the face of ineptitude is something I'll never understand.
Who has been advocating "mindless cheering in the face of ineptitude"?

It sure beats quiet sobbing, Maws.

Quiet sobbing is a win for me, I always take it positively if it doesn't involve running hot water, lots of hard scrubbing and confidence stripping screams of regret.

It's called 'support'. Also known as 'cheering the team on' and 'being the 12th man'.

It's called 'support'. Also known as 'cheering the team on' and 'being the 12th man'.

Support doesn't mean being supportive at all times. Sometimes 'tough love' is the right approach. Don't you think that, on occasion, NP rips into players? If this is always counter-productive, it would never happen.

Cheering shite is much worse than booing. It's a sign that you don't know what you're watching and have no standards. If you do a shite piece of work for your employer and they tell you it's great, it's both meaningless and makes you lose respect for your employer.

Booing people who are clearly trying but potentially not good enough is the action of a wanker in my opinion.

If they weren't putting the effort in then fair do's, but lets be honest BN, they don't deserve it and you probably know that deep down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669