Speculation Pearson is also prepared to offload a string of Sven Goran Eriksson signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
. As the person who once pointed to a picture of a man waving a Leicester City scarf and told some bemused American architects that Peter Taylor was "the greatest man in English history" I have a track record of being wrong.

I'm not sure that "a track record of being wrong" quite covers it.

Its equivalent to describing Man City's main man Mansour as comfortably solvent.

I'm not sure that "a track record of being wrong" quite covers it.

Its equivalent to describing Man City's main man Mansour as comfortably solvent.

To be fair at the time Peter Taylor was very highly regarded within the game and we were top of the Premier League. National pundits were describing him as the next England manager; a view not many have held in recent years.

To be fair at the time Peter Taylor was very highly regarded within the game and we were top of the Premier League. National pundits were describing him as the next England manager; a view not many have held in recent years.

Two weeks of looking at the PL table on Ceefax. :icon_bigg

I don't understand why so many would be happy to see Beckford go. I think he and Nugent looked like they were forming a really good partnership in the second half of the season. Just need better support from the players behind them.

Have to agree with above....WELL SAID !

RF - Yep - we need to establish a Talking Balls Uses of Literacy seminar - Mikeoadby to be conscripted
I concur - wholeheartedly.

On the Beckford debate that some have raised, on the radio Leicester phone in the other night I'm sure I heard Stringer say just in passing that he expected Beckford to be on his way out as well as Mills.
If I heard correctly, I would judge that this wasn't an 'off the cuff' personal guess by Stringer but that he's heard from someone in the know.

If I heard correctly, I would judge that this wasn't an 'off the cuff' personal guess by Stringer but that he's heard from someone in the know.

The same Ian Stringer that said Jack Hobbs was off to Celtic on loan when it was a physical impossibility? The man isn't in the know about anything at all.

On the Beckford debate that some have raised, on the radio Leicester phone in the other night I'm sure I heard Stringer say just in passing that he expected Beckford to be on his way out as well as Mills.

Try soap and water on those ears. :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670