Pearson Sacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
David, to quote from the Mirror, this is my viewpoint too.

'The issue that caused the split was the one that took place in Thailand. Of that there is no doubt.

But was Pearson’s exit the inevitable outcome?

No. Not if he had taken immediate action. He could have made an unreserved apology to his owners for any embarrassment caused.

He could have denounced what went on in no uncertain terms.

It is my understanding that no such apology has been forthcoming. Certainly one has not been aired for public consumption.

If Pearson has refused to take a step back and see that remorse was appropriate, what else did he expect?

That is what is at the very heart of this sorry episode.

Make no mistake, the whole incident cast Leicester City Football Club in a poor light. They had to be seen to act.

This piece isn’t a moral lecture. But the reality is that once what took place in that hotel room became public, the clock was ticking.

Why
Pearson refused to acknowledge and understand that is a question to which only he knows the answer.'

The Mirror claims "of that there is no doubt" but they give no evidence. If it had been inevitable it is surprising that nobody seems to have seen it coming.

Even if Vichai or Top had been briefing the Mirror there is no reason to suggest that Nigel did not understand the gravity of the situation. Only in exceptionally rare circumstances would I criticise members of my family to outsiders.

If the Mirror has guessed correctly then Nigel has given up a great deal for a son who does not deserve it. I hope Mrs Pearson and James grandparents appreciate that.

In the best post of the thread Matt B asked for evidence.
There has been no evidence. The club has not suggested that Pearson trying to save his son led to him being sacked. Nigel has not suggested that this was the reason.
Volpone who is usually one of the wiser posters condemns Nigel Pearson with no evidence except that of a Mirror journalist. If I was young and cutting edgel I would want to post WTF.

I am still confused.
The board makes the decision (rightly IMO) to sack the three players.
Nigel tries to save his son - an assumption though quite possible.
There are two obvious outcomes: either Nigel carries on without his son on the staff or Nigel resigns.
The board might be justified in sacking Nigel on this matter if he had made a public defence of his son or a public criticism of the board. Nigel did no such thing.

It has never been difficult to distinguish between Nigel Pearson and Russell Brand. Therefore I imagine he was as disgusted by the incident as any other decent person. However, family loyalty runs deep and it is rarely wise to criticise your own family to outsiders. We do not know what family pressures Nigel was under to "do what you can." James mother and grandparents might have found it difficult to understand that the matter was always going to be out of Nigel's hands.
Whatever support he gave to his son the situation was resolved, James was gone and both sides could have moved on.

I have no evidence and so it is just a hunch but my guess is that the Thailand video may have been an excuse. The "difference in perspective" may be that Nigel was not seen as the man to lead a global brand.

I think your musings regarding the links to the Thailand incident are closer to the truth, David......

Have any players commented on social media? Was just thinking it's unusual that there hasn't been any quotes in the media, and I don't use twitter or the like myself.

Have any players commented on social media? Was just thinking it's unusual that there hasn't been any quotes in the media, and I don't use twitter or the like myself.

I'd imagine they've been told not to comment.

I am surprised that all the younger players and their WAGS are toeing the line. Must be a three line whip from the owners/Whelan with threats of more sackings if they start chattering on social media.

Don't the national press have 'unattributable' sources on their 'brown envelope' payroll? I know in the past both the Mirror and Sky News have picked up leaks before any announcements.

I am surprised that no-one has spotted Dowie down at the stadium so far. I know Joey is just around the corner.

I have seen no whispers why MON has suddenly shortened from 25-1 to 3-1.

If the owners are looking for international stature to boost their Brand in Asia, it really has to be Hiddink, klopp or MON.

Lennon and Cotterill are too lightweight.

my view is, if the sacking was pre planned then surely the replacement would be ready, yet here we are still managerless.

Five years ago today Paulo Sousa was appointed manager, pre-planned (allegedly).
If he hadn't agreed to be Fiorentina's new manager only 2 weeks ago he would no doubt now be one of the favourites. I understand the owners are in regular contact with him.

If he hadn't agreed to be Fiorentina's new manager only 2 weeks ago he would no doubt now be one of the favourites. I understand the owners are in regular contact with him.

No he would not. 2 weeks ago the shit had already hit the fan. If he was an owners favourite, they would tipped him off to delay signing for his new job, in case they needed to have word with him!

Florence vs. Leicester

That's even harder a call than LA vs. Leicester!

This year I have spent 1 day in Florence and about 20 days in Leicester.

So **** you

This year I have spent 1 day in Florence and about 20 days in Leicester.

So **** you

Yes but was your 1 day in Florence better than all 20 put together in Leicester?

My guess is yes unless you have visited the Richard III remains.

Florence is a lovely girl, plus she does the licky bum thing - so I'm guessing his one day in Florence beats everything

Florence was lovely, but it's overran with swathes of tour groups making every waking second spent in every corner of the city and absolute ****ing nightmare.

Lucca on the other hand was an absolute delight, although I doubt he would drop that far down the Italian footballing ladder

Florence was lovely, but it's overran with swathes of tour groups making every waking second spent in every corner of the city and absolute ****ing nightmare.

Lucca on the other hand was an absolute delight, although I doubt he would drop that far down the Italian footballing ladder
Sienna for the prefect balance then?

I hear she does the licky bum thing yoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572