Pearson Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pearson out!

I am sure some people will be shouting this if we lose the next couple of games 1-0 or 2-0.

They are against defensive teams, the type of side we have often struggled against under Sven.

Let's hope that Nigel and his team have an immediate and positive impact on performances and results!

Maybe they wanted someone with a higher profile, someone people in Thailand might have heard of.
Maybe MM had been advising them and he told them Sousa would do a better job.

Or maybe Milan and Hoos thought they needed a higher-profile manager in order to find a buyer or complete the sale. It may have been the reason why the deal was completed and therefore we should be thankful (or not).

I did notice yesterday that Nigel said " I now have the backing of the Board.

I think that sometime during that season Nigel and MM fell out bigstyle and MM decided that he needed someone else with a good reputation for playing "football" and hence his invitation to Sousa and subsequent appointment.

Perhaps Nigel wanted another player that season that we knew nothing of and MM would not sanction it or MM wanted a player that Nigel didn't

Perhaps Nigel wanted another player that season that we knew nothing of and MM would not sanction it or MM wanted a player that Nigel didn't

The most notorious story is that a deal was agreed in principle with Manchester United for Tom Cleverley, 50k for a season-long loan. Hoos rang up Man United and asked for the loan fee to be waived. Cleverley went to Watford on loan...managed 11 goals in 33 games.

The most notorious story is that a deal was agreed in principle with Manchester United for Tom Cleverley, 50k for a season-long loan. Hoos rang up Man United and asked for the loan fee to be waived. Cleverley went to Watford on loan...managed 11 goals in 33 games.

This is correct as told to me by the then youth team manager Gerry Taggart. Deal was done and Hoos rand Fergie and tried to get him for nothing and Fergie hung up. Also Mark Davies deal agreed and then ****ed up by Hoos. I honestly believe these two acts of stupidity cost us promotion.

Has anyone noticed that had NP stayed, his next game would have been Crystal Palace? Sometimes you think these things are set up deliberately

Or maybe Milan and Hoos thought they needed a higher-profile manager in order to find a buyer or complete the sale. It may have been the reason why the deal was completed and therefore we should be thankful (or not).

I reckon that this was the case, ie Look we have a well known former champions league winner in charge.

Unfortunatley for Top and his dad Milan and Co. failed to tell them that he (Sousa) was a total idiot, who really didn't have a clue about the Championship, the new owners were well and truly led up the garden path by MM and Hoos. Was it done deliberatley to sell the club,it certainly seems that way.

Article in the Daily Mail ...

Pearson's back in familiar surroundings but it's all change for returning boss at Leicester

There is a saying in football that you should never go back. But what, exactly, is Leicester City's Nigel Pearson returning to?

Different owners, a revamped squad, training ground improvements and sky-high expectations...heck, even the name of the stadium has changed in his 17-month absence. Leicester City Football Club has certainly undergone a radical facelift since Pearson decided his position had been made untenable by chairman Milan Mandaric in June 2010.

That whole sorry episode was a crass indictment of Mandaric, considering the job the former Middlebrough skipper had done over his two years in charge. The Foxes were in a mess following their demotion to the third tier of English football for the first time in their history. Yet to return them at the first time of asking was no mean feat.

Just ask the likes of Leeds United, Charlton, Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday who have all spent more than a season in that company.

Furthermore, Pearson then lifted Leicester into the top six of the Championship at the first time of asking. I know it ended in tears at the City of Cardiff Stadium, but overall that was progress. Healthy progress. Who knows what might have happened, had Mandaric been able to see the bigger picture? As it is, Pearson has now returned although £675,000 is a hefty transfer fee.

His namesake, Hull City's chairman Adam Pearson, felt the Tigers manager had 'unfinished business' at Leicester City. I believe it's an excellent appointment, for reasons I'll go on to expand upon in a moment.

However, before we turn to that, mention has to be made of Sven-Goran Eriksson's reign. Where is the logic in what has taken place over the past few months?

Leicester's owners, chief executive Susan Whelan and director of football Andrew Neville allowed Eriksson to spend £10million and commit the club to I-don't-know-how-much in contract deals by the end of August.

And 10 weeks later, they are writing him a cheque and shoving him out of the exit door at the King Power Stadium. A lot is made of the so-called strategic thinkers at football clubs. Where's the strategy here?

It reeks of the mess Nottingham Forest landed themselves in with Steve McClaren, but that's another story. (Although to be fair to her, Whelan is new to this game. Forest's decision-makers have no such excuse.)

Let's face it, any fool can keep writing cheques to prop up losses. (As long as the money is there, that is.) Eriksson's treatment made no sense. If he's not the man to see it through, why give him the cash in the first place? If he is, then back him. Don't just sack him following one - admittedly poor - display against Millwall.

Again, the transfer policy during the summer made little sense. Where were the constraints? Where was the thinking? Why is there this headlong rush towards the Premier League?

It was almost as if the Swede was allowed to bring in whoever he liked, unchecked, without a thought as to his team pattern or size of his squad.

Eriksson talked of having two players for every position. But it is a difficult balance, keeping players - of similar pedigree - happy when they are not playing. The word from the dressing room is that no-one knew where they stood with the Swede.

The players who had done a decent job in lifting the Foxes towards the play-offs last season were left scratching their heads seeing replacements arrive who were little better.

What Leicester City need now is clarity of thought. And Pearson will certainly provide that.

He will organise. He will make the Foxes a tighter unit. Several players will be surplus. They will have to either put up, or shut up. My way or the highway. It's the nature of the beast. You know, leopards don't change their spots and all that.

Pearson left school with eight 'O' levels but he is streetwise. He knows the game. A colleague of mine said that during one of his first matches for Shrewsbury Town, the teenage centre-half, fresh out of school, came up against John Fashanu - 'Fash the Bash,' as he was known.

Early on, the forward left an elbow in. Minutes later, Pearson smashed into his opponent and they ended up squaring up to one another. This was, don't forget, a player who had just left school.

He cuts an impressive figure and should, by rights, have been given his chance a lot earlier when he was overlooked by Jeremy Peace to be Bryan Robson's replacement at West Brom. The job he did at Southampton passed under the radar, too. And the quality of what he has done at the KC Stadium in trying financial circumstances should not be underestimated, either.

Pearson talked of 'hitting the ground running' and 'having his eyes wide open' at his unveiling on Wednesday afternoon.

If you look back at any of the promoted sides from the Championship, there is often a combination of factors as to their success. I see the same convergence at the King Power Stadium. Pearson may be returning to the same club in name. However, apart from the comfortable familiarity in his back room staff, virtually everything else has changed.

But the manager's no-nonsense approach will ensure that the players will discover where they stand very quickly. With the quality of player at Pearson's disposal, results will follow. The owners and decision-makers were hasty to fire Eriksson, but they may have stumbled across the right man at the right time. However, whether the expected upturn in results is sufficient to earn promotion and placate difficult and impatient owners is another matter altogether.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...idlander-Nigel-Pearsons-change-Leicester.html

Article in the Daily Mail ...

Contradicts himself....

'The players who had done a decent job in lifting the Foxes towards the play-offs last season were left scratching their heads seeing replacements arrive who were little better.'

'With the quality of player at Pearson's disposal, results will follow.'

In my opinion, the players Sven signed are much better than what we had before and I'm confident Nigel will get the best out of them.

Contradicts himself....

'The players who had done a decent job in lifting the Foxes towards the play-offs last season were left scratching their heads seeing replacements arrive who were little better.'

'With the quality of player at Pearson's disposal, results will follow.'

How is he contradicting himself there?
In the first quote he doesn't question the quality of any of the players and he doesn't say that results won't follow. So, where's the contradiction?

How is he contradicting himself there?
In the first quote he doesn't question the quality of any of the players and he doesn't say that results won't follow. So, where's the contradiction?

Fair enough. It just annoys me that he has dismissed all Sven's signings as being a waste of time whereas I think the quality of our squad has been improved beyond recognition.

Berners Blog....

"2012. A number made infamous amongst us.

A lot of people believe that 2012 will change the world. People believe that something will happen. Whether it will be for the good or the bad, we don’t know yet.

I believe that for years, we as humans find ourselves already involved in a certain process.

In 2008, the outbreak of the financial crisis showed us that too many people in the western world failed. People spent more than they earned and compiling debts became easy. People with their feet on the ground, working hard became unpopular. All that mattered was the ability to show off, but as always, there are exemptions.

Governments, companies, organisations, communities and sport clubs were often too focused on one thing – money! People very often got forgotten and wrongly so.

But people have suffered enough now. What we have seen over the last few months are signs of hope.

Suppressed and rejected individuals finally started to gather and react against unrighteousness and wrongdoing. Examples? Political change in North Africa, occupation of Wall Street, Rome, Greece, etc.

What people really want is to be led by the right leader(s). And it is no different in football.

Money helps to strengthen the materialistic environment, but it doesn’t create humanity, which is the key to life and success in the future.

The more humane you are, the more spirit you will find in the dressing room.

Managers, who are aware of that fact, will find glory without aiming for it. A functional team will respond with heart and desire in decisive moments, if they feel fully appreciated and respected.

In difficult times, the team let the manager know whether they like him or not, through performance.

The manager of the future has to take care for all of the players, and not only the first 11 or 18. Everyone wants to feel important, regardless of whether he plays or not.

A single player will constantly deliver if he gets treated as a human being and not as a virtual player in a PlayStation football game.

Quality and talent are important to win matches. It counts for players, coaches and managers. The right tactics and systems of play; they all matter. But if a manager doesn’t care about every single member in his squad, the team won’t accept it anymore.

One of the most important attributes of a top manager are his recruitment skills. Honesty, work ethic, morals and an exceptional knowledge of human nature helps him to select and choose the right players.

A top manager also takes care of other employees at the club. He is responsible for creating his own balanced group of staff around him which he can fully trust.

A smile towards the wash ladies or a tap on the kitman’s shoulder is as important as selecting the team for the weekend.

Man-management and leadership will make the difference.

You are an honourable man and a true leader. It’s great to have you back Nigel!"

Equating the global financial crisis, to a team of pampered footballers being paid thousands of pounds every single week for doing not a great deal. And (presumably) being ever so slightly excluded because a much better player has been brought in to replace you (even though you still pocket your hefty salary)

What a complete cock

And:

A smile towards the wash ladies or a tap on the kitman’s shoulder is as important as selecting the team for the weekend

No, Bruno, actually it's not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670