Pearson Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for the weekend's game now! :) Hope he can get a good start.

Why are we playing on Sunday?

I remember after the Cardiff defeat thinking how proud I was of the team and management and that at last after years of uncertainty, upheaval and underachievement we had finally found a manager who had galvanised our club, a few weeks later he had been forced out the club and what followed has been shambolic.

This move puts to bed any thought that it was the new owners that forced NP out in the first place, as was widely thought at the time. In fact, it turns out that it was 100% a Mad Mandy decision. Yet another lie the old fool told us.

On NP, I respect him as a manager and wish him well. But I can't help feeling that the last 18 months have been a very expensive waste of everyone's time.

Of the 24 man squad on the website, 15 are new to NP. Adding Oakley and Tunchev to that list means he could just about field a lop sided team from the 2009/10 season: Weale, Berner, Tunchev, King, Wellens, Waghorn, Oakley, Gallagher, Dyer, Moussa, Howard. Only two of these players have been regulars this season though (King and Wellens).

It will be interesting to see how he deals with better players and a bigger squad. How he gets on with the likes of Bamba and Beckford could be key.

Good luck, Nigel, Craig and Steve.

This move puts to bed any thought that it was the new owners that forced NP out in the first place, as was widely thought at the time. In fact, it turns out that it was 100% a Mad Mandy decision. Yet another lie the old fool told us.

On NP, I respect him as a manager and wish him well. But I can't help feeling that the last 18 months have been a very expensive waste of everyone's time.

Of the 24 man squad on the website, 15 are new to NP. Adding Oakley and Tunchev to that list means he could just about field a lop sided team from the 2009/10 season: Weale, Berner, Tunchev, King, Wellens, Waghorn, Oakley, Gallagher, Dyer, Moussa, Howard. Only two of these players have been regulars this season though (King and Wellens).

It will be interesting to see how he deals with better players and a bigger squad. How he gets on with the likes of Bamba and Beckford could be key.

Good luck, Nigel, Craig and Steve.

Wasn't Moussa bought to the club by Sousa?

Is it likely to be on SSN?

(The press conference, not Fryatt)

Last edited:
Does that mean we always play on Sunday when Tigers are at home on Saturday? I thought the arrangement was that the clubs would alternate.

It depends on the circumstance. Saturday, Tigers are in Europe and on TV. They have to play their group game the same time as the other game in the group.

For example, they moved a game to a Friday cos we had Derby on Sky. Similarly we get Boxing Day priority because of how busy the fixtures are at that time of the year within football.

Does that mean we always play on Sunday when Tigers are at home on Saturday? I thought the arrangement was that the clubs would alternate.

I suspect they are probably on TV which will prevent them from moving.

He obviously has no idea of the 'letters falling off shirt' debacle otherwise he would not have come back

This will go on for years now won't it? It's like Aberdeengate all over again, and I'm pretty sure the origin of that was a post I made in the ex-players thread.

Some quotes from the interview:

"To leave Hull it was not an easy decision in some ways because we worked exceptionally hard to move things forward but for me the lure of coming back here was massive. I spent a lot of time thinking about coming back here. And now to be here and to be able to get really stuck into the job is a really big thing for me and from a career point of view I think it's an excellent move."

"This is a new job. Yes there will be certain things which will be similar but [...] there will be some differences... the overriding factor for me is I'm very pleased to be back and I'm looking forward to working with the players, getting to know the players. Yeah there'll still be some players who are here from my time before but there'll be a lot of new players as well and I think it's important for them to feel that it's a fresh start. And when you look at the size of the squad and the quality of the squad it's important that we try and get the season up and running again."

"I know my remit. I like the positive pressure of having the expectation to go and achieve things and so I'm very much looking forward to getting back to work."

On Shakespeare and Walsh returning: "I'm never a believer in jobs for the boys. It's about bringing in people who are excellent at what they do."

On Hull, "We had a difficult job in terms of turning the club around and I think we leave the club in a much better position than it was when we went in."

"It's been a long week waiting for this moment to arrive."

Although it's all in the delivery really he seems to be very enthusiastic when he says he's happy to be back.

So to summarise, Hull is a shithole and Leicester are paying a huge bundle so it's a win win for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00