Pearson Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wiki has it too
Leicester City (second spell)
After Mandaric and Hoos had departed the club, Nigel Pearson was persuaded to rejoin Leicester City under their new ownership by chairman Vichai Raksriaksorn and after days of negotiations he was finally re-appointed as manager on 15 November 2011[28]

His win ratio went down whilst he has been at Hull
G....W.....D....L
64.. 23..20..21..35.94

Last edited:
Hoo f---ing ray, at long last we have a manager, lets hope he's for the long term.

Pleased with the return of Big Nige. Like you I hope he's here for a while, although with our owners I think that might be wishful thinking. I want to feel part of something that resembles a football club again. This constant changing of managers, direction, players and emphasis makes me feel part of some faceless, financially-driven corporation. (I know this is the truth but I can dream).

The king is dead, long live the king !

I love his interviews. I never understand why people call them boring, he's one of those people that just seems to talk sense and I end up agreeing with almost everything he says. He's always been great at bringing me back to earth after a good victory/bad defeat.
I know it's standard procedure when you get a microphone stuck up under your nose after signing a contract, but he must have tried to cram in as many clichés as possible there.

But as I said, it's not criticism of any sort, just that I won't bother watching the rest of the interview if that's anything to go by. I remember how refreshing his "lack of extravagance" felt after the MA/Holloway debacles.

Last edited:
Some quotes from the interview:

"To leave Hull it was not an easy decision in some ways because we worked exceptionally hard to move things forward but for me the lure of coming back here was massive. I spent a lot of time thinking about coming back here. And now to be here and to be able to get really stuck into the job is a really big thing for me and from a career point of view I think it's an excellent move."

"This is a new job. Yes there will be certain things which will be similar but [...] there will be some differences... the overriding factor for me is I'm very pleased to be back and I'm looking forward to working with the players, getting to know the players. Yeah there'll still be some players who are here from my time before but there'll be a lot of new players as well and I think it's important for them to feel that it's a fresh start. And when you look at the size of the squad and the quality of the squad it's important that we try and get the season up and running again."

"I know my remit. I like the positive pressure of having the expectation to go and achieve things and so I'm very much looking forward to getting back to work."

On Shakespeare and Walsh returning: "I'm never a believer in jobs for the boys. It's about bringing in people who are excellent at what they do."

On Hull, "We had a difficult job in terms of turning the club around and I think we leave the club in a much better position than it was when we went in."

"It's been a long week waiting for this moment to arrive."

Although it's all in the delivery really he seems to be very enthusiastic when he says he's happy to be back.

Also on Wiki
Greatest win ratio of any permanent manager in the club's history.

From a Hull site
Also leaving City are Pearson’s assistants Craig Shakespeare and Steve Walsh, with Stuart Watkiss moving up to aid Barmby with Seamus McDonagh continuing as goalkeeper coach and Darren Robinson joining from Nottingham Forest. A new full-time assistant manager will be provided for Nick soon.

So, Nigel Pearson leaves for a sack-happy club halfway through the job here. Whether that’ll prove wise is far from clear – many have left City over the years, only to discover that the grass is rarely greener elsewhere; a puzzling curse appears to afflict the ungratefully departing. However we wish him well. Whatever the circumstances of his departure and his reasons for leaving, his time here was almost wholly positive. The wreck of a club we saw upon relegation from the Premier League was ruthlessly whipped into shape, culimating in this season’s play-off push and that incredible, record-breaking, never-to-be-equalled run of away matches without defeat last season. He’s assembled a vibrant young side capable of pushing for promotion.

Last edited:
Despite previous unenthusiasm, the protracted and drawn out delay in signing Nigel has given me time to appreciate how good a manager he was when with us previously. I have now forgiven him for walking out on us and will be fully supportive as I know he is the best manager for us in our current situation. Welcome back!

Can only find one player that has tweeted about Nigels appointment see below together with some of responses to him.
I seem to recognise at least one of them.

Danns
good news to have a new gaffer, looking forward to working with him
2 hours ago via web
replies ↓

AaronClavin Aaron Clavin 
@
@dannzy1 you'll love him Neil. Top man.
2 hours ago

ItsMeEllisxD Ellis Brown
@
@dannzy1 hes a great manager too! Proper english passioned manager! Up to the prem we go
2 hours ago

Hobbers87 Tom Hobden
@
@dannzy1 Do you reckon the new gaffer will let you come Palace on loan? #CPFC
2 hours ago

RebeccaLCFC_93 Rebecca Chapman
@
@dannzy1 glad he has come back, enjoy working with him :) x
2 hours ago

smiggy74 darren smith
@
@dannzy1 hes top manager neil,youll learn well,hes born leader,#lcfc
2 hours ago
»

beaumontfox Anita Lees
@
@dannzy1 tell the truth, was he there yesterday :p
2 hours ago

Last edited:
<Yawn>

I just woke up.First thing I checked for.Even before coffee (unheard of)

Welcome home pigarse.

Sort out this fecking circus.Please.

I remember after the Cardiff defeat thinking how proud I was of the team and management and that at last after years of uncertainty, upheaval and underachievement we had finally found a manager who had galvanised our club, a few weeks later he had been forced out the club and what followed has been shambolic.

Great to see him return and bring the stability to the club we need, feel like we are a proper club again with him at the helm.

From LCFC's Official Twitter:

OfficialFOXES Leicester City
LCFC has today announced that Nigel Pearson is the Club's new first-team manager.

Good for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670