Pearson to be sacked in the next 5 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But how do we know that the owners were telling the truth in that statement? They could have easily been in talks with Redknapp but backed out after seeing the reaction it would be met with and also the fantastic run we have been on as of late and then covered it up with a statement saying it was all bull.

Doubt it, but there was definitely someone/where that was feeding the info.

Anyone who had seriously fallen for this media stirring shite needs to have a look at themselves.

Christ, for a forum where the majority regularly call the Newspapers for being the lying shitrags that they are, I'm amazed at the amount of people who actually took this utter nonsense seriously.

No smoke without fire Lackybaby

It is not the usual "vote of confidence" - thank goodness. It is strong enough to make it difficult for them to sack Nigel for some time. However, since I believe everything I read in either the Mail or Guardian I notice they do not actually deny approaching Rednapp.

Pearson would be unwise to criticise the owners himself. I wonder how much of the agent's comments came from Pearson himself; I would certainly have expected the agent to have cleared it with Pearson first. Using a third party does not always work. I seem to remember Cloughie fining a Forest player for comments by the player's wife.

I wonder how much of the agent's comments came from Pearson himself; I would certainly have expected the agent to have cleared it with Pearson first.
I thought the whole point of having an agent was to have someone who acts on your behalf and advises you. I would expect it to work the other way round, the agent advising Nige and making comments on his behalf.

Here's a hypothetical, would you all swap Kasper for someone like Vorm if he became available? It's a similar (albeit hypothetical) scenario. Kasper's doing fine and I'm happy for him to be between the sticks but if you've got the opportunity to improve your team, and someone like Vorm would be a step up, you'd be foolish not to consider it. It's harsh on Pearson, as it would be on Kasper, but the fact remains Redknapp is a better manager than Pearson is and probably ever will be. Ok some people don't like him because they see him as the reason Pompey went down the pan, but he's been successful time and time again and he's not the same as Sven who has arguably been in managerial decline for a long while. He's still very much at the top of his game.

I personally don't think Redknapp would ever come here, but if he wanted to, I'd be considering paying off Nigel and risk rocking the applecart because I think it could potentially be a much better option, especially if we got promoted. I'd much rather have a manager with bags of premier league experience than one with none whatsoever, at the start of a Premier League campaign.

Don't take this the wrong way (I'm pretty sure quite a lot of you will). I'm not saying I want it to happen. At this stage of the season, I'm happy with Pearson but I wouldn't be too indifferent if it happened or if it didn't.

Yeah, I'm relieved we sacked O'Neill when we did in order that we can erase the following 4 successful years in the prem.

They have clearly neglected to deny being the shooter on the grassy knoll. Sniping bastards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566