Pearson to be sacked in the next 5 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry Redknapp has just been on Sky Sports. Interviewed on the golf course.

He denied any interest in the QPR job and said he was baffled that he was linked with Ipswich and Leicester. He said it was a different team every time he picked up the newspaper.

He mentioned how "Leicester are flying at the moment and NP Is doing a fantastic job".

Seemed to be genuine as well. Although he fooled all those tax people etc.. so god knows.

Lee how the hell did you come up with that how bloody absurd , All Pearson has to do is ask the owner, he probably sees him on a daily basis and I'm sure the Manager has more than enough bottle to do just that, he certainly doesn't need to prime his agent to start a rumour, and we are talking rumours. There are no facts at all, this thread is pathetic.

Lee how the hell did you come up with that how bloody absurd , All Pearson has to do is ask the owner, he probably sees him on a daily basis and I'm sure the Manager has more than enough bottle to do just that, he certainly doesn't need to prime his agent to start a rumour, and we are talking rumours. There are no facts at all, this thread is pathetic.

What on Earth do you think an agent is for? His job is to represent Pearson's interests. I'd be amazed if he went on the radio to talk about Pearson's position without having agreed a line with him beforehand. His agent didn't start any rumour. He commented on an existing rumour. Do you honestly believe that he wasn't delivering a message to the owners by announcing that Pearson is unhappy at talk that the owners have met Redknapp? Indeed it may well have been the case (given that he pretty much said he believed the rumour to be true) that he was letting the owners know that Pearson knows what they were up to.

A couple of weeks ago with 6 points from 5 games the owners might well have been considering a Plan B. I remember howls of derision on here that when they sacked Sven they had no one lined up.
Just because they have spoken to Harry does not mean they have offered him the job but maybe said 'would you be interested if we needed a new manager'.
Two weeks later they might be thinking 'Harry is available, or not, but we do not need a replacement at the moment'

Spot on indeed but if your gong to do it you need to be certain it doesn't leak to the press. Fail.

From half time against Burnley it has ben a no brainer.NP has done brilliantly for now.
As to debating the merits of HR-you have got to be joking unless you can come up with 2.5 mill ayear minimum PLUS loads more for Joe Jordan et al.
Nige must be safe for now

Harry Redknapster-How very dare you!
He was brilliant by the way with very little cash in Bournemouth-and very loyal

Would they say to Harry 'no deal if you open your gob'?
Would they think Pearson would raise his game if they leaked it?

The assumption seems to be being made that our owners went to him. What if it was Harry that instigated talks a couple of weeks ago? A club with rich owners has a shakey start, i can well believe he would be interested.

If this was the case, would it be wrong for our owners to agree to a meeting?

Personally i think it would be sensible to have the meeting, and ask such questions as 'If things don't improve here and we were to look for a replacement, what wages would you want? what budget would you want? etc....

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/173355.html

Redknapp rubbishes QPR link

Harry Redknapp has laughed off rumours linking him with the job at Queens Park Rangers.

QPR boss Mark Hughes has found himself under pressure with his side bottom of the Premier League having picked up just two points from their opening six matches. Chairman Tony Fernandes has called for patience from the club's faithful as he attempts to build stability at the club.

That has not stopped Redknapp being linked with the Loftus Road hotseat, but the former Tottenham manager insists there are no substance to the rumours.

"None whatsoever, not a chance," Redknapp told Sky Sports News. "Mark Hughes is a top manager, I have heard nothing from anybody. I had the same thing last week, I picked up the paper to see I am going to Ipswich because I know the chairman - I'm not going to Ipswich.

"The next thing I am going to Leicester. I have never had any contact with anybody at Leicester. They are flying - Nigel Pearson is doing a great job at Leicester. I don't know where it comes from - somebody makes the story up."

Redknapp, who was sacked by Spurs in the summer after being overlooked for the England job, says he has received offers to coach abroad, but is holding out for a job in the Premier League.

"I have had lots of offers to go abroad and work," he said. "I have had some fantastic offers but I am very happy living where we live so it would be difficult for me to move away. It would have to be something special to make me go abroad and work. I'll just wait and see what comes up."

Pearson said recently that he hasn't spoken to the owners for a while.

For me this is now looking inevitable, in a similar situation to Steve Kean at Blackburn, the next defeat will probably provide the owners with the opportunity to get shut. If it does happen then for me then I will have lost all faith in their judgement and ability to run my club.

I honestly believe we are on the verge of something special with this manager and group of players. I couldn't care less if they appoint Guardiola or Redknapp, replacing Pearson would just about kill the game for me. IMO Pearson is excellent for this club and I really like the way he deals with things. I thought he was brilliant first time round and too be honest he looks like he has the potential to eclipse it this time round.

Message to Top and co leave well alone and don't fix what ain't broke.

Redknapp's claimed there's been no contact. The way he describes our progress under Pearson suggests he might be genuine.

Last edited:
For me this is now looking inevitable, in a similar situation to Steve Kean at Blackburn, the next defeat will probably provide the owners with the opportunity to get shut. If it does happen then for me then I will have lost all faith in their judgement and ability to run my club.

I honestly believe we are on the verge of something special with this manager and group of players. I couldn't care less if they appoint Guardiola or Redknapp, replacing Pearson would just about kill the game for me. IMO Pearson is excellent for this club and I really like the way he deals with things. I thought he was brilliant first time round and too be honest he looks like he has the potential to eclipse it this time round.

Message to Top and co leave well alone and don't fix what ain't broke.

Not totally unlike the beginning of the MON era. Hope NP gets the same chance he got.

There's nothing on the BBC today, I'm still not sure I believe there's anything to this at all.

From half time against Burnley it has ben a no brainer.NP has done brilliantly for now.

You seemed to be a changed person since we gave you a mauling - 3:1 by the way. It's as though your inner angst has been cleansed away now that your team has been given a football lesson.

.....the next defeat will probably provide the owners with the opportunity to get shut. If it does happen........

Far too much wild speculation on here at the moment. The only thing the owners have done wrong so far is to perhaps not go public to deny the rumours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566