Pearson to Boro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

There are very wild unsubstantiated rumours (on FT) that Nige is being lined up to take over from the shortly to be sacked Gareth Southgate. :icon_eek: :icon_conf

There are very wild unsubstantiated rumours (on FT) that Nige is being lined up to take over from the shortly to be sacked Gareth Southgate. :icon_eek: :icon_conf

If Pearson has any sense at all, he will be comparing his present managership experience with that of Tony Adams before he was appointed at Portsmouth. There is plenty of time for him to progress his career in more sensible fashion.

Middlesbrough should also be thinking along the same lines.

Not a feckin' chance of that happening IMO

Last thing they need iin their position is an unproven manager at that level

Just to make things worse they are £85m in debt as well :)

I posted this in the Pompey thread but:

i was talking to a Boro fan and he said they all wanted Venebles as manager and Gibson is likely to please them given their current situation.

Last edited:
Really don't see why this is so unbelieveable, or why some City fans seem so certain that Pearson wouldn't jump at the chance to manage Boro.

1) For a start as a club that is 85m in debt he would no doubt be seen as a fairly cheap option

2) He has done a brilliant job so far with our club. Instilled a real winning mentaility

3) Has proved to have an excellent scouting network

4) Works well with young players ( which is excellent when heavily in debt)

5) Ex player who was Assistant Manager at the club in the past so has a relationship with Chairman and knows the workings of the club.

6) Has premiership experience albeit as an Assistant.

I think its totally believable? Im just in denial ;)

We havent shown this much potential since the MON imo, and anything about him leaving i obviously dont want to know about :|

Last edited:
If Boro decide to sack Southgate then they will be looking at a short term solution to stop them getting relegated. That surely would have to be somebody who is experienced and that can command instant respect from a playing squad that can't now be changed. If that's the case then Boro would be mad to appoint Pearson this season as that would be a gamble, somebody like Venables would be far more appropriate. Equally Pearson would be mad to go to a team that, should they be relegated (quite likely), would be in a worse financial position than the Leicester City side that was now playing in the same division.

Tony Mowbray = Boro legend, the fanzine is named after him!

We could approach Holloway to come back, it aint been the same without him.

Id imagine theyd just keep Walsh in charge for temp til the end of the season IF it did happen, he seems to have done a great job with the scouting

If this were to come true I would imagine Pearson would take Shakespseare and Walsh with him any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00