Pearson to Boro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see your point, but i for one see the inclusion of foreign players and foreign managers as a positive one. If you just stick to British players and managers you are limiting your choice wildly. If you go abroad you have probably 1000 times more players and managers to chose from, which means we get more quality for cheaper, and we get to see better players, better managers, generally more exiting football.

The top players, I would agree add to our football but, it is becoming more and more de rigueur to sign a player from abroad, even when their skill level is modest: look at City's signing of "the Prince of Persia", last season.

But thats a risk you have to take, i mean look at the signing of Tunchev this season. If you dont filter through the crap youll never find the gold

I wouldn't say that there is a danger of British clubs going foreign with their managerial appointments. This season has been one of the best for some time in terms of British managers in charge of Premiership clubs and it looks to me, more than ever before, that the clubs believe that British is best - certainly for the teams outside the top four. The likes of Steve Bruce, David Moyes, MoN and (although I hate to say it) Redtwat have forged a reputation that will guarantee them a job at almost any team. And the likes of Phil Brown, Mark Hughes, Gareth Southgate and Tony Pulis are just as good, if not better than the shit that have paraded before us in the past such as Tigana, Santini, Ramos, that weirdo Portsmouth had (the Greek dude, not Tony Adams) etc etc

I wouldn't say that there is a danger of British clubs going foreign with their managerial appointments. This season has been one of the best for some time in terms of British managers in charge of Premiership clubs and it looks to me, more than ever before, that the clubs believe that British is best - certainly for the teams outside the top four. The likes of Steve Bruce, David Moyes, MoN and (although I hate to say it) Redtwat have forged a reputation that will guarantee them a job at almost any team. And the likes of Phil Brown, Mark Hughes, Gareth Southgate and Tony Pulis are just as good, if not better than the shit that have paraded before us in the past such as Tigana, Santini, Ramos, that weirdo Portsmouth had (the Greek dude, not Tony Adams) etc etc

He is so shit I would have him as City manager if Nige was unavailable. :icon_bigg :icon_wink

i agree. i'm sure that Pearson would like to manage Boro, but he needs decent Championship experience at least. A lot of teams will look at Ince going from decent league one to Premiership flop and think "too soon"

how many premiership managers cut their teeth in League One and jumped two divs? Best to take the best of the Championship...Everton haven't done too badly that way (Moyes, Lescott, Cahill)
Middlesborough have showed by the appointment of Southgate straight from being a player that they value local links, passion and a potentially cheaper option over experience.
Wouldn't surprise me at all if they nicked your man. Better hope Boro's form improves.

Milan wants Nigel to stay for as long as possible!

by Bill Anderson
Milan Mandaric wants Nigel Pearson to stay at Leicester City "for as long as possible".

milanandpearson-we0709.jpg

And the City chairman is hoping to build as successful a partnership with the Walkers Stadium manager as he did with Harry Redknapp at Portsmouth.

After self-confessed false starts at City, Mandaric can relax in the knowledge that Pearson is producing exactly what he wants from a manager - a winning team who sit proudly at the top of the table and on course for an instant return to the Championship.

Mandaric said: "Stability is what every club wants and, if you want success, it is the best way.

"Nigel has had a great impact on the club, turning the players into a winning team.

"And, although we cannot take promotion for granted, we are very well placed.

"He has done just what I wanted and I hope he stays for as long as possible."
When Mandaric talks about managerial stability, there might be raised eyebrows in the households of previous City managers Rob Kelly, Martin Allen and Ian Holloway.

Pearson is City's longest serving boss under Mandaric at just under nine months.

But Mandaric insists it is his determination to get things right that motivates him and that any parting of the ways is reluctant.

Mandaric said: "I am not known in my other businesses for change. Some of my companies in America have people who have been working for me for more than 30 years. I am proud of that.

"Once I find someone I can work with, who is successful and who is going in the direction we all want, I will do everything humanly possible to keep them.

"I found the formula for working with Harry Redknapp at Portsmouth and it worked out. I didn't want that to change because I don't like changes.

"They are not good, they are emotional, and they are a big financial burden. So destabilisation is not what I want."

Promotion from League One would steady the ship spectacularly, and cement the relationship between chairman and manager. But both are wary of taking anything for granted.

Mandaric said: "Even more so lately. I go into the boardrooms and they say ˜Good luck next year, you will not be playing us.'

"That pleases me but this is a difficult league and not an easy one to get out of it, but it is important that we do.

"Of course, we would like to see our objective reached sooner rather than later so we can put a smile on everyone's face.

"I am quite sure it was the manager's objective when he arrived here, just like everyone else's.

"But we have to be realistic, keep our feet on the ground and not count our chickens.

"I am optimistic, I see the quality of our team and the table doesn't lie. Still, we have 16 games to go and a lot can happen.

"We have to be focused and, when the time comes, we will share in the happiness, but not right now, not today.

"The gap (at the top of the table) is healthy, but there is nothing to jump up about yet. I would like to see that gap still there in April - then I can smile!"

:039: bye,bye Nigel ,is this the kiss of death :102:,its happened before.

You know there's a part of me that thinks Milan has already done some 'contingency planning' on this sort of situation.

Successful managers will always be looked at by struggling clubs.

I've just had lunch with my girlfriend and her Dad, who is a die hard Boro' fan. He says that the rumours up there are that Tony Mowbray will replace Southgate if Southgate get's the boot. Whilst Pearson would be a popular appointment the fans up there are calling for Mowbray as he is a legend for them.

I wonder if the mad old bastard will still be so keen to keep him if we are bottom 4 next xmas?

None. Newts is just a doom mongerer, check the credit crunch (aka Newts) thread.

Unfortunately - if a 3rd division side albeit one that looks a cert for the fizzy league next season - has a manager who appears to be doing really well, he will inevitably become a hot property. Equally unfortunately, if even a struggling prem club comes in for him then he will almost certainly take that opportunity.

I would say that there is a real possibility that we will lose Pearson in the next few months and before the end of the season - e.g. to Boro or another struggler.

If we do, we do, and we would just have to take the view that he has paved the way for us to get out of this particular mire.

If I was Pearson then I hope that I would want to see City promoted before I moved on - but this is a ruthless business and I would expect speculation to be rife about him moving on during the summer anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00