Pearson to Boro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately - if a 3rd division side albeit one that looks a cert for the fizzy league next season - has a manager who appears to be doing really well, he will inevitably become a hot property. Equally unfortunately, if even a struggling prem club comes in for him then he will almost certainly take that opportunity.

Mk Dons -Paul Ince- Blackburn (whom we were supposed to be trying to attempt)

The price of success!!:102:

Mk Dons -Paul Ince- Blackburn (whom we were supposed to be trying to attempt)

The price of success!!:102:

All that - but even though Ince, Adams etc were not yet ready for it, they couldn't resist taking the chance even if it's a bit of a long shot that they will be successful i.e. they only get the chance either with a struggling outfit or one with no money to spend. The same would apply in my opinion if Pearson was given that opporunity.

We have to hope that the eventuality does not arise too quickly.

Unfortunately, it is the eternal paradox of a club in a lower league having a successful manager. You get the benefit of the success, but ultimately lose your main man because of that success.

For ****s sakes. The ink on my Div 3 Champions 2008/2009 and life size Nigel Pearson tattoo isn't even dry yet.

All that - but even though Ince, Adams etc were not yet ready for it, they couldn't resist taking the chance even if it's a bit of a long shot that they will be successful i.e. they only get the chance either with a struggling outfit or one with no money to spend. The same would apply in my opinion if Pearson was given that opporunity.

We have to hope that the eventuality does not arise too quickly.

Unfortunately, it is the eternal paradox of a club in a lower league having a successful manager. You get the benefit of the success, but ultimately lose your main man because of that success.

He is still only the fourth best manager we have had since June 1991. :icon_wink

For ****s sakes. The ink on my Div 3 Champions 2008/2009 and life size Nigel Pearson tattoo isn't even dry yet.

some feckin manc tit got a Kaka tattoo done without waiting to see if the player actually signed, simple folk eh.

Tony Mowbray has to be stronger candidate for this job than Pearson, so hopefully no bad news just yet

He is still only the fourth best manager we have had since June 1991. :icon_wink

I'm getting old Steven, so I'm having great difficulty in working out what that's to do with it.

However, the thing about football club owners is that they have only one time dimension - and that is the immediate present. I hope that Pearson stays and we see how he does in a more challenging league. But all I'm implying is that other owners will see a guy running a winning team and conject if he could be better than their current losing manager, especially if that winning manager has past experience at a higher level and so is not stereotyped as lower division material only.

I don't see why everyone is worried. Ince & Peter ****ing Taylor apart, I can't remember any other manager making the jump to the Premiership from the bottom 2 divisions in recent history. Both have also been flops.

Some would say that De Matteo has done even better than Pearson with what he has acheived at MK Dons this season as could be said with Ferguson at Peterborough, so why not them before Pearson?

When Forest or Swansea went up last season I didn't hear of lots of Premiership clubs wanting to take Calderwood or Martinez away. I would bet that he will be in charge at the start of next season with an improved contract signed in the summer. I should imagine too that he will be on a hefty bonus to get us back at the first time of asking which he would forfeit if he left.

some feckin manc tit got a Kaka tattoo done without waiting to see if the player actually signed, simple folk eh.

Tony Mowbray has to be stronger candidate for this job than Pearson, so hopefully no bad news just yet

But if Mowbray did leave for the Riverside then I would imagine Pearson would be on WBA's radar as well, and he has connections there as well. Whichever way you look at it, Pearson is going to be linked with jobs at these types of clubs.

Sad how paranoid we all are these days, a sign of where we are and what has happened to us over the last 5 years really, perhaps longer, perhaps since MON left.

However, NP is here, and Southgate is there - so roll another number for the road people. For now.

That table loses all creditability when you see Peter ****ing Taylor in there too! :102:

In fairness he is a very good lower League manager, just don't let him get near any money in the PL, or the PL. :icon_wink

In fairness he is a very good lower League manager, just don't let him get near any money in the PL, or the PL. :icon_wink

Or the Blue Square Premier - Managed to balls up Stevenage's attempt to go up last season too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00