Pearson to Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reads that way to me too. Must be more to it. Hoos And Mandy were surprised he left but yet allowed Hull to talk to him. In effect they sold him. The question is why?

Two theories - Mandaric/Hoos fell out with him, here was a nice way of 'selling' him and not upsetting fans/players.

Takeover on it's way....Sousa is an international name or Kek (speaking to the chap today, Mandaric apparently 'courted' him in Africa) to come in combination with the origins of the takeover.

Last edited:
If they felt that Pearson was dispensable and that his position was untenable then surely if an opportunity presents itself to pocket around 400k from Hull rather than shell out compo for sacking him then MM and Hoos deserve a pat on the back for some pretty astute dealing. If nothing else it will cover a good proportion of any compensation we will pay out to secure our new manager. Whether people agree if it was right or wrong to lose Pearson, it is pretty clear that his relationship with the heirarchy had become increasingly tense at least for once the chairman and his sidekick have been proactive in securing an excellent deal for the club.

IMO it was only a matter of time before relationships deterioated to a point where Pearson quit or sacked and we would not have been entitled to a penny if anything it would have cost us.

Two theories - Mandaric/Hoos fell out with him, here was a nice way of 'selling' him and not upsetting fans/players.

Takeover on it's way....Sousa is an international name or Kek (speaking to the chap today, Mandaric apparently 'courted' him in Africa) to come in combination with the origins of the takeover.

Why don't you lump on Kek, not even in the running according to the bookies, if your insider is right you could clean up !!!

What I don't understand is, if they sold him, why are they going to be using that money just to go and pay compensation to another club to nick there manager (if that happens). Surely that indicates something else has happened and it wasn't purely a financial decision.

Plus I doubt we will get anyone on a cheaper wage than Pearson. Though maybe we will be saving money with a smaller back room staff

I never for one minute thought it was purely financial. You dont always sell things to make money. Sometimes you upgrade/downgrade. Sometimes you just fancy a change.

It seems to me uncle Mandy had his sights set on someone else and Hull making an approach allowed things to fall in to place.

I am waiting for something more concrete, the fella at work is trying to chase his mate for more info. :icon_bigg

Interesting, Sousa has moved out to 1/3 and Brendan Rogers is now into 9/2 but still no sign of your mate Kek......get your bet on today and tomorrow you could be a millionaire :icon_bigg

I am waiting for something more concrete, the fella at work is trying to chase his mate for more info. :icon_bigg

Got to be worth a few quid at least at this stage though, surely?

Is there any way of getting odds online? I'm too lazy to go to a bookies and ask for some odds.

Interesting, Sousa has moved out to 1/3 and Brendan Rogers is now into 9/2 but still no sign of your mate Kek......get your bet on today and tomorrow you could be a millionaire :icon_bigg

Rodgers was that on some markets yesterday. I am not bothering until I hear something more plausible about it but then again that's the thing with Meelan....always one for the odd appointment..like Velimir Zelic or Alain Perrin.

Only if Morrison leaves. I don't know what I'd do if I saw him go to another club.

My right arm would be given a much needed rest I know that much.

To me it really does sound as if Mandaric for some strange reason wasn't that bothered about Pearson leaving and to be honest maybe he wanted him to leave. The fact that he gave them permission says it all to me, I'm sure the money for compensation wouldn't have bothered Mandy as it is such a small amount. I think something big has happened behind the scenes which we will never get to hear about.

To me it really does sound as if Mandaric for some strange reason wasn't that bothered about Pearson leaving and to be honest maybe he wanted him to leave. The fact that he gave them permission says it all to me, I'm sure the money for compensation wouldn't have bothered Mandy as it is such a small amount. I think something big has happened behind the scenes which we will never get to hear about.
Scoop.

this is like groundhog day

What I don't understand is, if they sold him, why are they going to be using that money just to go and pay compensation to another club to nick there manager (if that happens). Surely that indicates something else has happened and it wasn't purely a financial decision.

Plus I doubt we will get anyone on a cheaper wage than Pearson. Though maybe we will be saving money with a smaller back room staff

Wondered the same myself. Could understand it if the new man was a free agent not attached to another club.

Though the talent that Nig bought in would amount to a lot more than 500k compo if sold, so the financial side of the decision still seems a bit barmy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669