Pearson to Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that Nigel will be in the frame for the Fulham job now that Hodgson has gone. Apparently, Nige is surprised that Hull have let him to talk to Fulham and he's decided to join them because 'that's football' (uttered after a brief pause, and looking away for a moment of contemplation..)

I can understand exactly how you feel. I try to avoid anger but this situation has got to me. It is because the damage to our club is intentional.
I was not that angry when we got relegated or when we went into administration because that was the result of well-intentioned mistakes. Peter Taylor was a good man who tried to be a good manager and failed; Martin Allen did not deliberately buy fourteen bad players. I believed that whatever mistakes were made Ian Holloway was a good man and a talented manager giving the club 100%.

The last time I was this frustrated with the club was the Elsom-Pirerrepoint row when at a time when we were brilliant on the field people who should have been working together for the good of Leicester City were playing the playing games with the club and putting their egos first.

We now know we could have easily kept Nigel Pearson. Nobody at the club will explain why they were happy for him and Shakespeare and Walsh to leave.

The club may regard it as an internal matter. However, I am reminded of the evening when Milan met the fans about the Martin Allen sacking. Someone (not me) mentioned "Martin Allen's team". Milan very gently said
"Can I correct you. It is not Martin Allen's team. It is not Milan Mandaric team. It is your team. You are the club. Many of you have fathers and grandfathers who supported the club. You will be here when managers and owners have gone."
Milan's comments were fine words. Now when it matters we are told nothing. People at the top are usually full of fine words. Too often those words turn into just Bullshit. I believe everything the club will say on the matter will turn out to be just BS.

I was not born a Leicester fasn but I shall carry on spending money - and just as important time - supporting Leicester as I have since I arrived in the city in 1968-69. However, in over forty years I have never looked forward to a new season with such a lack of excitement.

Thanks for taking time to respond to my post. I've had the most depressing and despairing week. I've been watching the team for over 50 years and it's comforting to know someone else has similar feelings of disillusionment.

My worry is that it will be incredibly difficult for any new manager to lift the squad sufficiently to avoid a relegation battle this season. It would have been hard enough for Pearson and that may be a contributory reason for him leaving.

If we are in the bottom 3 after the first 3 games then I'm afraid we'll go down once more and may never recover. None of the touted candidates inspires me with the confidence we'll do anything other than struggle. Grim times ahead and it's beyond comprehension how Mandaric could get us in this mess.

If we are in the bottom 3 after the first 3 games then I'm afraid we'll go down once more and may never recover. None of the touted candidates inspires me with the confidence we'll do anything other than struggle. Grim times ahead and it's beyond comprehension how Mandaric could get us in this mess.

For fox sake, the new season hasn't even kicked off yet and we have to read this.

Pearson going *may* just be the best thing to ensure we can go that little bit further. The Brown incident aside, some of us think NP cocked up totally in the home game against Cardiff.

Let's at least get the season started before coming on here with the doom-mongering.

My worry is that it will be incredibly difficult for any new manager to lift the squad sufficiently to avoid a relegation battle this season. It would have been hard enough for Pearson and that may be a contributory reason for him leaving.

We may as well ****ing give up with that sort of attitude. Why do YOU even bother?

Teams have bounced back after losing a manager.

Teams have lost in the play-offs before and bounced back.

Teams have lost on penalties in the play-offs before and bounced back.

WE even lost in the play-off final itself and bounced back, not just once, but twice. Heck, we even won the bloody thing after two years of defeat in the final.

We lifted the players sufficiently to succeed then. Why can't we do it this time? Or at least do more than enough to avoid what you think is a relegation battle.

It annoys me so much how some of our fans are always so "glass is half empty".

I bet if we had got promoted, someone like you would've said "yeah, but we won't stay up. I'm REALLY worried we'll go down" about ten minutes after the final whistle.

WHY DO YOU BOTHER?

Last edited by a moderator:
We may as well ****ing give up with that sort of attitude. Why do YOU even bother?

WE even lost in the play-off final itself and bounced back, not just once, but twice. Heck, we even won the bloody thing after two years of defeat in the final.

We lifted the players sufficiently to succeed then. Why can't we do it this time? Or at least do more than enough to avoid what you think is a relegation battle.

I bet if we had got promoted, someone like you would've said "yeah, but we won't stay up. I'm REALLY worried we'll go down" about ten minutes after the final whistle.

WHY DO YOU BOTHER?

:038::038::038: Well said!

WHY DO YOU BOTHER?

:038::038::038:

Thanks for taking time to respond to my post. I've had the most depressing and despairing week. I've been watching the team for over 50 years and it's comforting to know someone else has similar feelings of disillusionment.

OH FFS! Today go and cheer yourself up and go and buy yourself a new travel rug and a vacuum flask.

Reads that way to me too. Must be more to it. Hoos And Mandy were surprised he left but yet allowed Hull to talk to him. In effect they sold him. The question is why?

Reads that way to me too. Must be more to it. Hoos And Mandy were surprised he left but yet allowed Hull to talk to him. In effect they sold him. The question is why?
What I don't understand is, if they sold him, why are they going to be using that money just to go and pay compensation to another club to nick there manager (if that happens). Surely that indicates something else has happened and it wasn't purely a financial decision.

Plus I doubt we will get anyone on a cheaper wage than Pearson. Though maybe we will be saving money with a smaller back room staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669