Pearson to Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's got lovely, lovely hair. NP's hair was pony. Definitely the defining aspect of his tenure here. Pony hair. Most of our players have pony hair too.

I'm going a bit off topic here now - but surely you all agree.

Caveat - I do realise that all 'proper' (read non-premiership) footballers must have proper, 'hard' haircuts. I endorse that.

I was always a bit suspicious of Pearson's hair, always looked a bit too military for my liking.
Maybe that was Milan's objection to him, some kind of flash-backs to the Balkans

Last edited:
I was always a bit suspicious of Pearson's hair, always looked a bit too military for my liking.
Maybe that was Milan's objection to him, some kind of flash-backs to the Balkans

They dont like it up em.

Right I'm gonna turn my back for a while, and when I look round this better be all sorted and some bloody explainations on offer.
I need to know if Lestah are gonna pose any sort of threat next season and if the Jacks will be in disarray and if this Marshall bloke is for life or just Christmas.....?

Right I'm gonna turn my back for a while, and when I look round this better be all sorted and some bloody explainations on offer.
I need to know if Lestah are gonna pose any sort of threat next season and if the Jacks will be in disarray and if this Marshall bloke is for life or just Christmas.....?

No

Yes

I hope to god not.

Obviously from Pearson's press conference at Hull, he says he was surprised that LCFC gave permission for Hull to talk to him. That would have made anyone feel that they weren't appreciated or even wanted. Not surprising he cleared off to where he felt he was wanted.

I am so angry that the club more or less showed him the door.

I have decided I am not going to waste any more money on the club. It's just totally pointless.

I can understand exactly how you feel. I try to avoid anger but this situation has got to me. It is because the damage to our club is intentional.
I was not that angry when we got relegated or when we went into administration because that was the result of well-intentioned mistakes. Peter Taylor was a good man who tried to be a good manager and failed; Martin Allen did not deliberately buy fourteen bad players. I believed that whatever mistakes were made Ian Holloway was a good man and a talented manager giving the club 100%.

The last time I was this frustrated with the club was the Elsom-Pirerrepoint row when at a time when we were brilliant on the field people who should have been working together for the good of Leicester City were playing the playing games with the club and putting their egos first.

We now know we could have easily kept Nigel Pearson. Nobody at the club will explain why they were happy for him and Shakespeare and Walsh to leave.

The club may regard it as an internal matter. However, I am reminded of the evening when Milan met the fans about the Martin Allen sacking. Someone (not me) mentioned "Martin Allen's team". Milan very gently said
"Can I correct you. It is not Martin Allen's team. It is not Milan Mandaric team. It is your team. You are the club. Many of you have fathers and grandfathers who supported the club. You will be here when managers and owners have gone."
Milan's comments were fine words. Now when it matters we are told nothing. People at the top are usually full of fine words. Too often those words turn into just Bullshit. I believe everything the club will say on the matter will turn out to be just BS.

I was not born a Leicester fasn but I shall carry on spending money - and just as important time - supporting Leicester as I have since I arrived in the city in 1968-69. However, in over forty years I have never looked forward to a new season with such a lack of excitement.

I'm still can't believe we let Steve Moran go!

Steve Moran was OK - but never really cut it due to being a midget.

On the otherhand, Rowley was pushed out far too quickly - they thought he was finished just because he only scored 30 odd goals in his last season.

We now know we could have easily kept Nigel Pearson.

Neither you nor I know anything of the sort.
Does anybody out there still possess any sort of perspective?

I can't take much more, the Baby Jebus is sobbing like a skint widow.
Time for a joint and a dram, or several, I think.

Last edited:
Its all very English really. Milan felt that as Pearsopn had done suich a good job he owed him the chanceto speak to Hull. But he didn't really want him to. Pearson spoke to Hull because he was offered the chance to - but he didn't really want to. Just two blokes unable to communicate their true feelings with each other.

Sad really.

But life goes on. In 5 weeks time if we win our first three matches we'll be thinking Nigel who? Of course if we lose them all ....

I'm keeping everything in perpective Macky. It's going to be a Capello/Sven dream team and I hear we have bids in for eight World Cup stars, so I don't see why everyone is worried. Champions League, here we come!

Either that or we'll be out of business and a distant memory by the weekend. Whatever.

:119:

The sad fact is Milan could have told Hull to feck off if he wanted to keep NP.
Ergo, he did not want to keep NP, and we are not being told why. (Most speculation is 'unreasonable demands' over playing budget/backroom staff)

What Milan is not admitting is that NP did an incredible job for us, and that the chances of finding someone who will do as good a job with lower 'demands' than NP are very slim indeed.

Conclusion: Milan is a w*nker or in very serious financial poo!

Neither you nor I know anything of the sort.

I can't take much more, the Baby Jebus is sobbing like a skint widow.
Time for a joint and a dram, or several, I think.

I am with you totally... :038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670