Pearson to Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think with him out of the way DJ will flourish. How is it that Nigel Clough and Ian Holloway managed to get the best out of him, whilst Nige couldn't?

Maybe it's just me, but looking at soccernase DJ played 15 or so games under Holloway whilst he was at Leicester, yet did **** all. Maybe he was better because of the type of player around him, rather than the manager, otherwise Holloway would have got the best out of him here?

I said this when we sold gradel for nothing, the fee we got for gradel showed we are desperate for cash as if the situation is critical.

Gradel was a second string player (and a poor one at that) who was sold down a division, why do you think he was worth more? He's gone on to prove he isn't great and isn't exactly popular with Leeds fans

Gradel was a second string player (and a poor one at that) who was sold down a division, why do you think he was worth more? He's gone on to prove he isn't great and isn't exactly popular with Leeds fans

Is it coz he's b.........., nah, too obvious!

Still hurting I see. I feel the need to help you through all this.

Would it help if we concentrate on what Brendan Rodgers will bring to the mighty Foxes? He was a coach at Chelsea you know.

:081: :081: :081:

Want the truth? I have never been a big fan of Pearson and I believe he had a lot of luck last season. I am really welcoming the change. With the squad Hull have got I am afraid he may well be found out to what he is.
On the field he only has plan A and plan B. If plan A fails he tries plan B which is try plan A again!
Hull have had maybe a couple of seasons where they could say they are a better team than Leicester, but I am afraid those days will be over soon and things will revert to where they used to be.

I said this when we sold gradel for nothing, the fee we got for gradel showed we are desperate for cash as if the situation is critical.

Make your ****ing mind up! Did we sell Gradel for a fee or did we sell him for nothing?...:102::icon_roll

I take it this again is just pure speculation as details of the transfer were never revealed...:icon_roll

Make your ****ing mind up! Did we sell Gradel for a fee or did we sell him for nothing?...:102::icon_roll

I take it this again is just pure speculation as details of the transfer were never revealed...:icon_roll

He's worth 5million you know

Want the truth? I have never been a big fan of Pearson and I believe he had a lot of luck last season. I am really welcoming the change. With the squad Hull have got I am afraid he may well be found out to what he is.
On the field he only has plan A and plan B. If plan A fails he tries plan B which is try plan A again!
Hull have had maybe a couple of seasons where they could say they are a better team than Leicester, but I am afraid those days will be over soon and things will revert to where they used to be.

I thought that Pearson was a much better than average manager and like the rest made some mistakes - e.g. he may not have been positive enough in his tactics in the home leg against Cardiff.

However, I doubt if he will be replaced with anyone as good and given Milan's track record on managerial appointments, possibly a lot worse.

What seems to be emerging from the debris is that Pearson definitely wanted out - abd that Milan didn't particularly want to keep him at Leicester.

My conclusion is that it's got as good as its ever goping to get with Milan, but there are no strong signs of anyone else coming in with the money to change the situation.

I will be interested to see if you are so cheerful about Pearson's departure come next January. I hope you are, but I'm not too optimistic about it.

I thought that Pearson was a much better than average manager and like the rest made some mistakes - e.g. he may not have been positive enough in his tactics in the home leg against Cardiff.

However, I doubt if he will be replaced with anyone as good and given Milan's track record on managerial appointments, possibly a lot worse.

What seems to be emerging from the debris is that Pearson definitely wanted out - abd that Milan didn't particularly want to keep him at Leicester.

My conclusion is that it's got as good as its ever goping to get with Milan, but there are no strong signs of anyone else coming in with the money to change the situation.

I will be interested to see if you are so cheerful about Pearson's departure come next January. I hope you are, but I'm not too optimistic about it.

There's a ****ing suprise

You seem to be on my case a bit these days Beighton - still I'm delighted that you obviously see this as a clear blue skies situation. Keep up the good work.

I just get the feeling that you are one of these people that isn't happy unless they have something to moan about, you certainly only show up on here when there is a reason to moan. And I can't stand that type of person.

Redditch, with all due respect this is talkingballs not talking bollocks.

I have followed the city for a longgggggggg longgggggg time and in that time I have seen a lot of "the end of the club as we know it" scenarios.

It was the end of the club when Nish left for Derby
It was the end of the club when Shilton left for Stoke ( Stoke FFS!)
It was the end of the club when Little left
It was the end of the club when McGee left
How the **** have we survived with out MON?

The list goes on Redditch it really does, but somehow just somehow I still manage to have a team to watch play every season. We are not Real Madrid and never will be, we are Leicester City. So we either have to put up or shut up! MM has done a lot of good for this club, care to look back on those leeches The Shipmans?

I just get the feeling that you are one of these people that isn't happy unless they have something to moan about, you certainly only show up on here when there is a reason to moan. And I can't stand that type of person.

Frankly, you are becoming more or less abusive towards me without any justification whatsoever and I think you should have a look at yourself too.

Redditch, with all due respect this is talkingballs not talking bollocks.

I have followed the city for a longgggggggg longgggggg time and in that time I have seen a lot of "the end of the club as we know it" scenarios.

It was the end of the club when Nish left for Derby
It was the end of the club when Shilton left for Stoke ( Stoke FFS!)
It was the end of the club when Little left
It was the end of the club when McGee left
How the **** have we survived with out MON?

The list goes on Redditch it really does, but somehow just somehow I still manage to have a team to watch play every season. We are not Real Madrid and never will be, we are Leicester City. So we either have to put up or shut up! MM has done a lot of good for this club, care to look back on those leeches The Shipmans?

Well I dont recall saying that this is the end of anything - but I do think that we are facing a difficult few seasons.

I certainly agree with you that MM has done a lot of good- and certainly you are right to say that people should "put up or shut up". Unfortunately I don't see any sign of anyone doing that for the moment.

Which is it? I don't want to be heading in the wrong direction

OK - try ' heavy handedly abusive'.

I do not only post when things go wrong. Although, crises do tend to create higher levels of interest.

All I have said is that the situation that has arisen looked inevitable to me since we lost in the play offs and that the real issues is that MM doesn't want to keep ploughing his resources into the club. I think you will find that I posted to the effect that the Cardiff defeat was likely to change things at the end of the season.

I don't blame MM and I don't blame Pearson. It's unfortunate but i think detrimental to the club, but no doubt - as BG says - we shall have to get over it.

End of.

OK - try ' heavy handedly abusive'.

I do not only post when things go wrong. Although, crises do tend to create higher levels of interest.

All I have said is that the situation that has arisen looked inevitable to me since we lost in the play offs and that the real issues is that MM doesn't want to keep ploughing his resources into the club. I think you will find that I posted to the effect that the Cardiff defeat was likely to change things at the end of the season.

I don't blame MM and I don't blame Pearson. It's unfortunate but i think detrimental to the club, but no doubt - as BG says - we shall have to get over it.

End of.

I'm still can't believe we let Steve Moran go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669