Pearson to Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it still smell of cod liver oil?

Looks like your board didn't put up much of a fight to keep Pearson!!

Perhaps they were thinking "He'll never go there, it stinks of cod liver oil"

:081: :081: :081: :081: :081:

New Hull City manager Nigel Pearson was surprised that Leicester City gave the Tigers permission to talk to him.

On his first day at work with the Tigers, Pearson told BBC Radio Humberside: "I think Hull were surprised as I was myself.

"But things happen quickly in football and the clubs agreed compensation quickly so there we are."

Pearson has signed a three-year contract and has brought in Craig Shakespeare as his assistant manager.

The 46-year-old former Southampton and Carlisle manager joins a club that is looking to consolidate following relegation from the Premier League but Pearson says he is not frightened of targeting a quick return to the top flight.

He said: "We want to be putting ourselves into a situation were we feel it's a realistic chance of getting back into the Premier League and it is fairly straight forward."

"If we can play good football and win great - if we have to dig in and scrap - we'll do it."

If you think Hobbs isn't good enough for your team, then you have some researching to do my friend. I would be amazed if Hobbs and Fryatt went to Hull.

News from our end is that Hobbs and Fryatt like the thought of Hull on a Saturday night!

And what funds will these be purchased with? Funds that have already been said are not available. :icon_lol:

Typical Pearson interview on BBC, gave nothing away, expressing surprise at his departure!

The interviewer sounds the sort who will very quickly piss him off big style - good luck to him!

Ive been to most cities in the UK. Hull is by far and away the worst I have visited. Total hole.

Looks like somebody's telling Porkies!!

Wonder who it is??

Leicester City chief executive Lee Hoos has said former manager Nigel Pearson's departure came as a shock to the club.

Pearson signed a three-year deal to manage Hull City on Thursday and is being followed by assistants Craig Shakespeare and Steve Walsh.

Hoos told BBC Radio Leicester: "We were very surprised with the initial inquiry from Hull.

"He obviously liked what they had to offer and felt it was an appropriate time to go."

Hoos said he did not know Pearson's reasons for leaving the Foxes.

"Nigel is a very private man even with people who are close to him.

"He keeps his own counsel and his reasoning is only ever going to be known to him."

Hoos added that the Foxes would find a replacement manager as soon as possible but added it would not make a hasty appointment.

"The phone's been ringing pretty much non-stop. I think Leicester would probably be an attractive club to most people. It's a good club with a good fan base and good core squad" he said.
:081:

And what funds will these be purchased with? Funds that have already been said are not available. :icon_lol:

Hobbs and Fryatt will not make the same mistake of a backwards step at this stage of their career as Pearson. Why would they even consider Hull when already interest from Prem clubs.

Ive been to most cities in the UK. Hull is by far and away the worst I have visited. Total hole.

Doesn't really matter, he won't be moving there just like he didn't move here.

The simple fact is that if Leicester gave Hull permission to talk to Pearson then they were willing to let him go. The idea that they did not know why Pearson wanted to leave and that they never thought to ask beggers belief.
If it is true that Hobbs has been sold we know why Pearson wanted to leave and it is understandable. For the club then to say they do not know the reason is simply a lie.

The interesting question is why Leicester were willing to let go a manager who had a year on his contract still to go.

The simple fact is that if Leicester gave Hull permission to talk to Pearson then they were willing to let him go. The idea that they did not know why Pearson wanted to leave and that they never thought to ask beggers belief.
If it is true that Hobbs has been sold we know why Pearson wanted to leave and it is understandable. For the club then to say they do not know the reason is simply a lie.

The interesting question is why Leicester were willing to let go a manager who had a year on his contract still to go.

Because they knew he had become unsettled with the position of the club and that rather than he walk out in frustration, if they could engineer a move to another club they could recieve compo, simples!!!

I think that Gary Parker might be cruising around Hull docks looking to score tonight in celebration of getting such a good manager.

I hope for Nigel's sake he has a watertight contract cos when things start to go wrong he may regret moving and my experience of some Hull people is that they are not trustworthy. Some people are very nice though so I do not tar everyone with the same brush, but for some reason we have been let down by people booking a caravan twice this year and both come from Hull

Looks like somebody's telling Porkies!!

Wonder who it is??

Leicester City chief executive Lee Hoos has said former manager Nigel Pearson's departure came as a shock to the club.

Pearson signed a three-year deal to manage Hull City on Thursday and is being followed by assistants Craig Shakespeare and Steve Walsh.

Hoos told BBC Radio Leicester: "We were very surprised with the initial inquiry from Hull.

"He obviously liked what they had to offer and felt it was an appropriate time to go."

Hoos said he did not know Pearson's reasons for leaving the Foxes.

"Nigel is a very private man even with people who are close to him.

"He keeps his own counsel and his reasoning is only ever going to be known to him."

Hoos added that the Foxes would find a replacement manager as soon as possible but added it would not make a hasty appointment.

"The phone's been ringing pretty much non-stop. I think Leicester would probably be an attractive club to most people. It's a good club with a good fan base and good core squad" he said.
:081:

Possibly the most immature person ever. Cock.

The simple fact is that if Leicester gave Hull permission to talk to Pearson then they were willing to let him go.

Obviously from Pearson's press conference at Hull, he says he was surprised that LCFC gave permission for Hull to talk to him. That would have made anyone feel that they weren't appreciated or even wanted. Not surprising he cleared off to where he felt he was wanted.

I am so angry that the club more or less showed him the door.

I have decided I am not going to waste any more money on the club. It's just totally pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00