Pearson to Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
NP has spoken ...

http://www.hullcityafc.net/page/NewsDetail/0,,10338~2081435,00.html

Nigel Pearson says the desire shown by Hull City to bring him to East Yorkshire made his decision to move to the KC Stadium an easy one.

Pearson yesterday signed a three-year contract to become the Tigers' new manager and while the speed of his move from Championship rivals Leicester came as a surprise to some, the 46-year-old is delighted with his new role.

"Once I found out how much Hull City wanted me it became quite an easy decision for me," Pearson told www.hullcityafc.net

"I'm delighted to be here now and I'm looking forward to what is a crucial part of our preparation for next season.

"I had a pretty informal chat with Adam Pearson and Russell Bartlett and they talked about their aspirations and how they saw the Club moving. They see me as somebody who has got a chance of realising those aspirations.

"We all want success and it's going to be a big challenge. There's quite a bit to do and off the back of last season, there'll be a number of issues for us to address. But it's an opportunity for me to come into a club and change things somewhat. I want to be successful and so do Hull City.

"It's a fresh challenge and I'm bringing one or two staff with me who will be very important for me and for the Club."

Those staff include Craig Shakespeare and Steve Walsh, both of whom worked alongside Pearson during two successful seasons with Leicester City.

"Steve will be Head of Recruitment and assistant manager while Craig is assistant manager and first team coach as well.

"They both have different skills and they both bring a wealth of experience with them. We've had a bit of success and we're all looking forward to what is a very different challenge."

Pearson and his staff are now looking forward to next Monday when the players return from their Summer break for the start of pre-season training.

"I've seen what we've got on paper, but I think the most important thing at this stage is to see them in person and see how they are, not just in terms of what they bring and their physical condition, but also where they are mentally in terms of dealing with last season's experience.

"This is a fresh start for a lot of people and it will be interesting to see how the players respond."

It doesn't really say anything about why he left though, just the standard quotes about how ambitious the club you are joining look etc.

So to sum it all up then, MM has Sousa as a guest at the Cardiff game Pearson gets the arse and doesnt feel wanted then MM tells big nige there is no money unless he sells first. So now Pearson is dead mardy and feels really unwanted. All of a sudden Hull knock on the door a say "we want you Nigel" so off he trots!!!

So to sum it all up then, MM has Sousa as a guest at the Cardiff game Pearson gets the arse and doesnt feel wanted then MM tells big nige there is no money unless he sells first. So now Pearson is dead mardy and feels really unwanted. All of a sudden Hull knock on the door a say "we want you Nigel" so off he trots!!!

Close. Not exactly right, but close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670