Speculation Pearson's Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jenny Bradley. Top is a big Corrie fan. Pearson is an Emmerdale nut. Once he found that out Top had no choice. He had to go.

Lennon can **** off, and so can everyone else of the bookies list. Useless, useless ****s - and that goes for everyone from the owners to anybody who has sent in their CV.

Sack the bloke, fair enough, but have a ****ing replacement lined up. I really wish I hadn't quit drink and drugs, this is going to be a thoroughly shit season on hot chocolate and Hobnobs.

Hiddink would be a fantastic appointment and might just persuade Cambiassio to sign up again, maybe even a chance of grooming him ......

Where's the extended range of emoticons when you need them?

Not entirely sure you can call Gus Hiddink a useless **** to be fair maws.

He may be coming towards the end of his career (no diff to nik nak head at Utd) but he is one of the most decorated managers around, his achievements can't be doubted, unlike Lennon.

There is a lot of speculation around and some very strong opinions about the runners and riders.

I don't really see the departure of NP as a big deal. Our club is loaded with non-playing staff from dietitians to psychologists. They are all still here. The players aren't going to notice much difference in their day to day routine or how we prepare them. One of the things NP did very well was build this aspect of the club from nothing to excellent. We are no longer a club that can veer from one man's play-thing to another.

I don't see this as a time for starting again from scratch or entering the unknown. We might even keep some of NPs trusted inner circle of staff members. The overall structure is in place and it works pretty well.

What we need is someone to lead us to the next level. This needs to be someone with the wisdom to keep the things that work and add the things that were beyond NP. Let us not forget that for the great majority of last season we were tactically incompetent and absymal at things like set pieces. So, we need to improve the coaching options. We need someone with wider and higher profile contacts and the ability to attract genuine quality to the club. Someone with modern and fresh tactical ideas.

The obvious candidate for me is Esteban Cambiasso. He knows the club, the set up, the players, what works, what doesn't. Heck he practically managed the team himself on the pitch for the latter part of the season and the players clearly respected him and did what he said. He will be an outstanding manager one day soon. Then he'll be too good for us. Right now, he's perfect for us and we're perfect for him. He can do exactly what needs to be done.

I'd like him to be given the chance to make us his first success story as a manager. Nonsense like coaching badges and no management experience is unimportant. That will sort itself out. The main thing is, he's the right man, in the right place, at the right time.

For me, it's an absolute no-brainer.

Here, here

NP's achievement (along with the players; staff and owners) has been to place the club in a position where it can attract a strong field of candidates for his job - and potentially move the club still further forward.

If handled right his departure can be just a short term jolt - and far from fatal.

The owners are not here for their football analysis expertise ( there's plenty on here who can fill that role) but their business sense and judgement looks excellent.

NP's achievement (along with the players; staff and owners) has been to place the club in a position where it can attract a strong field of candidates for his job - and potentially move the club still further forward.

But there is no evidence to support that at all, is there ?

There is no genuine information out there, and it's all rumour and gossip, but the most prominent names are an ex City player who has done absolutely nothing at a Championship side, having previously managed in a pub league, and an old duffer nearing seventy who hasn't had a proper job in years. All other names in the betting are either plain daft or utter shite

Strong field of candidates FFS

It's more likely that we hire a manager who isn't even on that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669