Speculation Pearson's Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mercury reporting the same.

Hiddink was 8-1 on Sky Bet and now dropped to 4-1 in last 5 minutes

Exactly what I was talking ablaut, you either get someone with a big character who doesn't give a shit about who was here before, or you get someone the players will respect because of the past achievements.

Are we ready to move into the head coach scenario, I don't think we are, it's too big a transition.

Not sure about Hiddink. I always feel like agony international managers have lost their mojo. On the one hand, I can't see him dropping down to our level, on the other, I'm not sure how excited I am at the prospect.

He won't come anyway

Not sure about Hiddink. I always feel like agony international managers have lost their mojo. On the one hand, I can't see him dropping down to our level, on the other, I'm not sure how excited I am at the prospect.
He'd be better than Lennon..

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Hiddink 4/5 with skybet

Every time there's new speculation the odds on that manager will shorten.
I don't know if it's due to the bookies shortening the odds in case the speculation is right, or because people have put more money on as a result of the speculation. But I'm pretty sure the bookies have as much idea who the next manager will be as the rest of us.

I was one of the people who wanted pearson out last season, but now suddenly I feel depressed about the situation.

I agree with what some people have said which is we need either a proven EPL manager of which big sam seems the only one unemployed, or a big enough name that the players will look up to. I would also be ok with someone I not heard off but who has done well in recent years overseas, as a few clubs in this division have shown that works as well with e.g. both saints recent 2 managers.

Sadly whoever comes in we are going to see previously favored players dropping out of the first team, its inevitable, suddenly I am not so confident vardy wont leave to villa now as an example.

There is a lot of speculation around and some very strong opinions about the runners and riders.

I don't really see the departure of NP as a big deal. Our club is loaded with non-playing staff from dietitians to psychologists. They are all still here. The players aren't going to notice much difference in their day to day routine or how we prepare them. One of the things NP did very well was build this aspect of the club from nothing to excellent. We are no longer a club that can veer from one man's play-thing to another.

I don't see this as a time for starting again from scratch or entering the unknown. We might even keep some of NPs trusted inner circle of staff members. The overall structure is in place and it works pretty well.

What we need is someone to lead us to the next level. This needs to be someone with the wisdom to keep the things that work and add the things that were beyond NP. Let us not forget that for the great majority of last season we were tactically incompetent and absymal at things like set pieces. So, we need to improve the coaching options. We need someone with wider and higher profile contacts and the ability to attract genuine quality to the club. Someone with modern and fresh tactical ideas.

The obvious candidate for me is Esteban Cambiasso. He knows the club, the set up, the players, what works, what doesn't. Heck he practically managed the team himself on the pitch for the latter part of the season and the players clearly respected him and did what he said. He will be an outstanding manager one day soon. Then he'll be too good for us. Right now, he's perfect for us and we're perfect for him. He can do exactly what needs to be done.

I'd like him to be given the chance to make us his first success story as a manager. Nonsense like coaching badges and no management experience is unimportant. That will sort itself out. The main thing is, he's the right man, in the right place, at the right time.

For me, it's an absolute no-brainer.

Vardy leaving for Villa is a possibility (on the basis that 'most' things are a possibility). But it's also possible that under the new manager Vardy will improve and be consistently good in his performances over an entire season in the Premier League. Previously favored players may drop out of the team but with new signings under Pearson they would have also dropped out. Maybe previously favored players will be replaced by better, and soon to be, newly favored players.

Why do some people always look at the glass half-empty scenario?

Has Phil Neville gone to Valencia yet or can we still snag him?

Only Twitter talk, but the Guus rumours appear to be gathering momentum. Talks of him meeting club officials in London tomorrow.

I live in London, so will keep you all updated tomorrow...

To be fair to our owners, they never thought small when appointing PS or Sven. I think they'd happily pay to get a big name, and we're a much more attractive proposition than this time a year ago.

Woopee! It's going to be ok...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00