Speculation Pearson's Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he gets Cambiasso to sign, he will have no worries. He will run the show for him. MON's pre-match talk will simply be "Do whatever Esteban tells you to do!"

Coral and Sky Bet still prepared to take your money at 1-4 and 1-8.

While, if he's unimpressed with the manager he's less likely to sign up - leaving us doubly troubled

If Esteban was prepared to work with Pearson, and to consider coming back after the year's shenanigans, he will find MON a pussycat!

The Football Association of Ireland would be happy to let Martin O’Neill depart amid interest from Leicester City. A bookmaker has suspended betting on the 63-year-old replacing Nigel Pearson, who was sacked by the Premier League club last week.

Although the FAI has not made any official comment, a source told the Guardian that the association would not stand in O’Neill’s way if he wants to vacate his contract early. O’Neill had been priced at 10-1 to move back to Leicester, where he enjoyed a successful spell between 1995 and 2000, winning two League Cups, but a succession of four-figure bets early on Friday saw his odds reduced to 1-4 with some bookmakers. William Hill said it had suspended its market.

If O’Neill were to re-join Leicester, the expectation is that his assistant, Roy Keane, would take control for the remaining four Euro 2016 qualifiers.

This story now may have legs.

Let's face it, his tactics are a fair bit more primitive than we're used to. I am very worried that his better days are behind him while football has moved forward.

Well our most successful formation last season was O'Neill's classic 3-5-2 and also liked playing with a big guy/quick guy front line so seems ideal for us.

He wasn't the first name on my list but compared to most of the names being banded about that are realistic (Hiddink & Klopp were way above where we are and Preki was at the complete other end of the scale), he wouldn't be a bad shout.

I look forward to hearing all the miserable gits on here harp on that he actually did more harm than good during his first spell though.

The only good thing I can see about a MON appointment is that the existing team would probably stay to work with him as he would not be bringing an existing team with him.

If it is confirmed, I would like to think that it would have been part of the Board's thinking, to not disrupt the work of people who have done a very good job for us over the last 3 years.

Having said that, I would still prefer a younger manager with hunger in his (her) belly and with something to prove. (I am being politically correct as the FA seem to have cocked it up after the Women's World Cup)

I think he'd be welcomed by lot of supporters due to his history with the club.
But without that history, based on his recent record, he'd look like an uninspiring appointment.

This.

I'm not worried about him interfering with or manipulating the board now we have an outright owner, but I'm not excited by this. I would have Ranieri over him.

The only good thing I can see about a MON appointment is that the existing team would probably stay to work with him as he would not be bringing an existing team with him.

If it is confirmed, I would like to think that it would have been part of the Board's thinking, to not disrupt the work of people who have done a very good job for us over the last 3 years.

Having said that, I would still prefer a younger manager with hunger in his (her) belly and with something to prove. (I am being politically correct as the FA seem to have cocked it up after the Women's World Cup)

So what is wrong with a 63 year old with many years Prem experience, but still hungry to win the Premier League and Champions League?

If hes installed as manager I will give my full support, there is **** all use moaning about it.

I dont buy this bollocks about his 1st tenure being ruined if he fails this time around, being a human I am able to seperate the two periods and will still hold him in high regard.

I suppose its a bit exciting at least, the thought of his 1st press conference back at City.

They said Pearson shouldn't come back, but he was successful in his second stint, so why not MON if he's appointed.

They said Pearson shouldn't come back, but he was successful in his second stint, so why not MON if he's appointed.

And as far as I am aware there is no-one still here that would have 'fallen out' with MON previously to represent a barrier to his return.

As much as I love remembering those fantastic days with MON, I just dont think this is a great idea at all.... who knows, it could end up being someone that hasnt even been mentioned.

With NP coming back it felt like he had unfinished business. If MON comes back it can only taint his reputation...

So he comes back. We storm the league and earn a European place next season.

How tainted will that be?

So he comes back. We storm the league and earn a European place next season.

How tainted will that be?

Obviously that would be great, but based on his form at Sunderland that would be a big ask. Yes he did well at Aston Villa but he also spent £54 million (net) in 3 seasons.

O
Obviously that would be great, but based on his form at Sunderland that would be a big ask. Yes he did well at Aston Villa but he also spent £54 million (net) in 3 seasons.
Our owners look like they would back that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670