Speculation Pearson's Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if MON is appointed it will be an effective way of quickly stabilising the club.

Still probably got a few seasons left in him.

Hopefully, a sensible outcome after a few days of (speculation) lunacy.

He would find himself in a situation where the owners are willing to back the club with adwquate spending.

The nightmare may be ending.

The owners did an excellent job of managing my expectations by feeding a list of arseholes into the betting charts.

After Preki I'd have said yes to Martin Allen.

Obviously that would be great, but based on his form at Sunderland that would be a big ask. Yes he did well at Aston Villa but he also spent £54 million (net) in 3 seasons.

Well he achieved three consecutive top 6 finishes with Villa and a league cup final, that's more or less what the owners are targeting here. If he could do that for £54m over three years they'd probably regard that as having done it on the cheap!

SSN saying we would like to talk to MON but no approach has been made.

No one left who would take the job

Clueless owners with no feckin' idea of what to do

Fans getting well pissed off

Oh, let's get Martin O'Neill, the fans loved him and everyone will be happy again (says Birchenall, probably)

What a load of old pish

No one left who would take the job

Clueless owners with no feckin' idea of what to do

Fans getting well pissed off

Oh, let's get Martin O'Neill, the fans loved him and everyone will be happy again (says Birchenall, probably)

What a load of old pish

Who do you think should get the gig then homer?

Out of the names seriously linked so far this has to be one of the better ones. Saying that I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if Ranieri got the job but if O'Neill were to come back, I think we'd be more likely to carry on similar to last season rather than see wholesale changes.

I posted something similar about Hiddink. I would be happy to have MON back and the players would respect him. And we all love him.

But isn't it all a bit uninspiring? He hasn't really got anything to prove and most fans will love him whatever happens.

I would much rather see someone like Frank De Boer. He is proven in Holland, has won the league 4 times in a row, young, innovative and I am SURE he would take us to the next level.

Also Unlike Klopp, maybe we have a chance of getting him? He's done 5 years at Ajax now, has nothing left to prove and our project would present am exciting challenge to someone like that.

Frank, if you're listening - look at how Southampton has raised Koeman's profile and join the revolution!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I posted something similar about Hiddink. I would be happy to have MON back and the players would respect him. And we all love him.

But isn't it all a bit uninspiring? He hasn't really got anything to prove and most fans will love him whatever happens.

I would much rather see someone like Frank De Boer. He is proven in Holland, has won the league 4 times in a row, young, innovative and I am SURE he would take us to the next level.

Also Unlike Klopp, maybe we have a chance of getting him? He's done 5 years at Ajax now, has nothing left to prove and our project would present am exciting challenge to someone like that.

Frank, if you're listening - look at how Southampton has raised Koeman's profile and join the revolution!

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sorry, sorry... Thats just made my day...

If you think any manager in their right mind would swap Champions League football and winning titles with Ajax for a mid to lower level team in the Prem you are mental.

I think some people need to reassess where they think we are and how big a club we are. Delusions of grandeur spring to mind!

And people think our owners are the crazy ones!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sorry, sorry... Thats just made my day...

If you think any manager in their right mind would swap Champions League football and winning titles with Ajax for a mid to lower level team in the Prem you are mental.

I think some people need to reassess where they think we are and how big a club we are. Delusions of grandeur spring to mind!

And people think our owners are the crazy ones!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Koeman did.

Holland is not the league it was and the best players (and Managers) need to go to the bigger leagues to progress.

This is not blind optimism - we have to believe we can achieve the same as Southampton or Swansea, Stoke

Money talks.

MON is the best manager I've ever seen close up over a decent period of time. Nobody else comes close to emulating him in terms of talent and achievement. MON had a magic touch.

I compare all managers to MON as he is my standard. I know from watching him for five years what a great manager is and everyone since has been a massive disappointment in comparison.

It is why I was always ultimately disappointed by NP. He was never anywhere close to that level and I always knew that nothing extraordinary could ever happen with NP in charge. I resented the admiration and worship for someone who was just doing more things right than wrong.

MON makes players be better than they are. He injects passion into a club and he achieves what seems impossible.

If MON is ready and willing to return, we'd be insane to overlook him. He may be older and less energetic. But his brain and his knowledge could be as good as ever. He's also got a huge point to prove following his sacking by Sunderland. If he took on the job, it says everything I need to know about his hunger and passion for a final challenge in the Premier League. And a hungry and determined MON is unstoppable.

I'd be thrilled if he was appointed. For it to have got to the stage of SSN reporting that we'll be making an approach, you can be sure that he's made it clear to the owners that he fancies it. He has a relationship with them having talked to them and politely said no when we were in the Championship. He was also their guest at the Hull match in March.

During that turgid match, I spent quite a bit of it watching MON. He sat alone for much of the game utterly bored by what he was watching. His phone entertained him much more than anything on the pitch. But even if the game had been watchable, I still think I'd have been drawn to him more than it. That's what he has. He really is magic you know.

Koeman did.

Holland is not the league it was and the best players (and Managers) need to go to the bigger leagues to progress.

This is not blind optimism - we have to believe we can achieve the same as Southampton or Swansea, Stoke

Money talks.

Bbb is right. We'd have no chance of getting him, there was quite a lot of chatter about him replacing Rodgers at Liverpool. When he leaves Ajax, he'll be at a bigger club that we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669