Speculation Pearson's Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koeman did.

Holland is not the league it was and the best players (and Managers) need to go to the bigger leagues to progress.

This is not blind optimism - we have to believe we can achieve the same as Southampton or Swansea, Stoke

Money talks.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
The only way he is going after Ajax is up, he was linked to Liverpool and, if i remember correctly, Spurs. Its all well and good saying Southampton did it, but they were an established Premier League team when Koeman came in, not a team that has just about managed to pull off an amazing escape!

O'Neill, Ranieri, Di Matteo are about where we are at the moment, a couple more solid years in this league and we may well be able to look/attract a bigger name.

Lets not run before we can walk hey? Steady progress is what we need.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

MON is the best manager I've ever seen close up over a decent period of time. Nobody else comes close to emulating him in terms of talent and achievement. MON had a magic touch.

I compare all managers to MON as he is my standard. I know from watching him for five years what a great manager is and everyone since has been a massive disappointment in comparison.

It is why I was always ultimately disappointed by NP. He was never anywhere close to that level and I always knew that nothing extraordinary could ever happen with NP in charge. I resented the admiration and worship for someone who was just doing more things right than wrong.

MON makes players be better than they are. He injects passion into a club and he achieves what seems impossible.

If MON is ready and willing to return, we'd be insane to overlook him. He may be older and less energetic. But his brain and his knowledge could be as good as ever. He's also got a huge point to prove following his sacking by Sunderland. If he took on the job, it says everything I need to know about his hunger and passion for a final challenge in the Premier League. And a hungry and determined MON is unstoppable.

I'd be thrilled if he was appointed. For it to have got to the stage of SSN reporting that we'll be making an approach, you can be sure that he's made it clear to the owners that he fancies it. He has a relationship with them having talked to them and politely said no when we were in the Championship. He was also their guest at the Hull match in March.

During that turgid match, I spent quite a bit of it watching MON. He sat alone for much of the game utterly bored by what he was watching. His phone entertained him much more than anything on the pitch. But even if the game had been watchable, I still think I'd have been drawn to him more than it. That's what he has. He really is magic you know.

I'll have a bit of that BN. Lovely stuff.

The only way he is going after Ajax is up, he was linked to Liverpool and, if i remember correctly, Spurs. Its all well and good saying Southampton did it, but they were an established Premier League team when Koeman came in, not a team that has just about managed to pull off an amazing escape!

O'Neill, Ranieri, Di Matteo are about where we are at the moment, a couple more solid years in this league and we may well be able to look/attract a bigger name.

Lets not run before we can walk hey? Steady progress is what we need.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
He has been quoted saying he wants to move on and admits he fancies the PL.

Liverpool and Spurs didn't fancy him. Spurs chose Poccetino over him because of his PL experience at, yes them again, Saints.

Who is down from Spurs or Liverpool at the moment? - a whole group of teams. Or he goes to Spain or Italy - but for less money

I do think it's a long shot and you're probably right. Just think we could be the springboard he needs.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Everyday we get to learn about new coaches and managers from the European leagues...

Don't understate; Sacramento is a little bit outside Europe. I can't say this level of farce thrills me in the slightest though.

William Hill have suspended betting....this is more significant methinks?

Almost 10 hours gone. Did I miss something significant?

It already did

Sadly, this will never be acknowledged or understood by the Pearson hating simpletons

Leave them be to masturbate over the sacred Saint Martin, bless them

It already did

Yeah, but Brown Nose knew that such extraordinary success was despite Pearson, right from the start. We should give him credit for that, and acknowledge that a manager who plays Bejewelled on his phone rather than watching the match in front of him will obviously take us to the next level.

Fair shout. But let's be honest...he dug the hole he miraculously clawed out of.
That has been written off the record, similar to that win against Watford, that never happened.

What hole did he dig, exactly? And how did he claw out of it?
Going ultra negative for a long period of the season off the back of getting decent results by taking it to the opposition?

Spending 140 days at the foot of the table as a result?

I was a Pearson fan, but I'm not blind to those games before our miracle run.

Going ultra negative for a long period of the season off the back of getting decent results by taking it to the opposition?

Spending 140 days at the foot of the table as a result?

I was a Pearson fan, but I'm not blind to those games before our miracle run.

Yep. That hole.

NP capable of achieving extraordinarily positive run of results and equally extraordinarily negative results. He sticks to his guns but is excessively obstinate and has been, at times, very negative.

MON probably past his best - but I think would be a wise choice to keep the club in the PL over the next couple of years.

I am a Pearson fan, however would welcome the return of MON I think with the resources available he would do a good job, as for people using his record at Sunderland and ROI as proof he is finished .....both have better win % than Pearson's last season in premier league!!!!

I would be ok with MON I hope this is settled soon tho as its dragging on for ages now, really they should have had the next manager ready.

As I've said before I doubt whoever the club end up with will be a step up from NP. Of the candidates available I feel Lennon or MON are the best options, as they are the least likely to dismantle the good things we have.

MON will have been sounded out to gauge interest, quite possible informal talks have been held directly or via a third party and has clearly given an indication he would take it. Also the Irish FA are giving some encouragement that they would not stand in his way. Reckon he could be appointed before end of weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669