Pearson's Transfer Targets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any Swansea or Donny Rovers players whose contracts are up and/or don't fancy playing from the bench or reserves. The good ones that is -as they may go further down the pecking order if they stayed where they are as both teams are bound to bring in other players.

Not what you may want to hear as we ALL want to hear about exciting players etc. BUT we have to be realistic we need players to get us out of this league and those players who have done it already and are still young and eager enough to do it again are the type of players we need.

Of course the odd exciting player wouldn't go amiss and we may need such a player or players to give us the edge in such games where a bit of skill brings about a winning goal. We did not have any such a player last season although we did have a possible one on the books in Max Gradel and hopefully we will see him prove this during the coming season.
I have not mentioned Forest players for obvious reasons but I would include such a player IF they did make a difference

if i'm honest, i know very little about the players in this league...but i am sure we'll sign the right ones to help us have a decent season so i'll welcome any new signing with welcome arms....i just don't want to loose too many more...except hayles and howard

Having watched him a few times,Perkins from Rochdale would be a good buy IMO.

morrison cambridge centre back linked on foxestalk, gillespie of cheltenham another potential, shame Hoolahan has left bpool for norwich (a steal at 250k)

Is this thread about "Pearson's Targets" as the thread title might suggest. Or is it a "random lower league footballer's names" type of thread?

Last edited:
Is this thread about "Pearson's Targets" as the thread title might suggest. Or is it a "random lower league footballer's names" type of thread?

:018: All names have been carefully researched by playing Championship Manager.

:018: All names have been carefully researched by playing Championship Manager.

wouldn't be too odd for the club to go for players on that basis, as the managerial appointment must have been chosen on the same....

or maybe i've missed the real life managerial record of NP which is so impressive

Pearson is consistently rumoured to be interested in centre backs. Building from the back, as he was trying to do at Southampton? A sound long-term strategy, but Nige, you don't have that luxury with Milan looming over you!

Stoke City are expected to make their first signing of the summer after offering about £2m for Sunderland goalkeeper Marton Fulop. (The Times)

One we really want and will not get.

Not long enough....You?
Likewise, alex. Too much to do, too much to worry about, and not much time to do it in. I am now using my sleep time as worrying and pondering time due to lack of hours in the daytime. I may be about to burn out.

Likewise, alex. Too much to do, too much to worry about, and not much time to do it in. I am now using my sleep time as worrying and pondering time due to lack of hours in the daytime. I may be about to burn out.

Worrying about how Hume will be settling at Barnsley?

I know what you mean....I'm an insomniac at the mo'...

Worrying about how Hume will be settling at Barnsley?

I know what you mean....I'm an insomniac at the mo'...
If only it was that simple, alex.

Still, another sun rise has blessed us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673