Penalties

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

Have refs been told not to award penalties in the world cup?

We've seen loads of fouls in the area that looked like definite penalties, but hardly any of them have been given.

The latest was in the Togo v Switzerland match, Togo should have had a penalty for a foul on Adebayor but the ref didn't give it.

1-0 to Switzerland at the moment.

webmaster said:
Have refs been told not to award penalties in the world cup?

We've seen loads of fouls in the area that looked like definite penalties, but hardly any of them have been given.

The latest was in the Togo v Switzerland match, Togo should have had a penalty for a foul on Adebayor but the ref didn't give it.

1-0 to Switzerland at the moment.

There have been a few of those you're right. Fifa also seem to have made a rod for their own back with sending offs. The first referee to get a second game during the tournament was also the first to send someone off.

i noticed that the refree to the england paraguay game was relegated to 4th official in another game the other night. can't remember which game though. might have been Ivory Coast

with regards to the penalties, i agree.

how many matches we had? 30

i make it 3 penalties so far. spain, croatia, S.Korea? only one has been scored? Spain?

Nathan said:
i noticed that the refree to the england paraguay game was relegated to 4th official in another game the other night. can't remember which game though. might have been Ivory Coast

A lot of the refs and linesmen at the world cup will be fourth and fifth officials, I don't think it's a reflection on how well they've done as a ref. Some have been fourth official before they've reffed a match.

webmaster said:
Based on what we've seen from the refs so far, 5-1 looks to be very poor odds.

True but Spain have already won a penalty this tournament, have four or five players who will be in the opponents area regularly and are playing an African team who are pretty tough in defence. I think a penalty is likely.

Singth said:
True but Spain have already won a penalty this tournament, have four or five players who will be in the opponents area regularly and are playing an African team who are pretty tough in defence. I think a penalty is likely.

There has been a penalty.....but it was against Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669