Peter Masilela

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the News of the World:

LEICESTER CITY are close to sealing a deal to sign South African left-back Tsepo Masilela on loan from Israeli champions Maccabi Tel Aviv.

The 26-year-old has been a target for Birmingham City in the past but he is expected to join Sven Goran Eriksson's side next week.

"Everything has been agreed in principle for him to go to Leicester," said a source.

"I would guess that everything will be signed off next week. It's a season-long loan at first but they have the option to purchase if things go well."

The attacking full-back was part of Bafana Bafana's World Cup squad and played in the Champions League last season having arrived in Israel back in 2007.

He suffered a knee injury that ruled him out for four months but returned to play a starring role as Haifa won their 12th title.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/not...e-in-on-Maccabi-Tel-Avivs-Tsepo-Masilela.html

Last edited:
Would be a great signing (if it does contain buying clause), assuming Berner leaves its also an opportunity to ease George Raft into the squad, maybe theres no deals in place for Cunningham or Van Anholt

Re: Peter Mesilela

is this really a good enough source for a confirmed transfer thread? I seem to remember the Mirror reporting someone was signed when they weren't before

His agent has said that he is still waiting for a visa and medical.

is this really a good enough source for a confirmed transfer thread?

No. The bloke hasn't even got a work permit yet. Merged with the Speculation thread

Good work young man!

Just need to wait for a few others to confirm it I guess.

I can confirm that this story is in the paper edition of the Mail today as well :icon_lol:

is this really a good enough source for a confirmed transfer thread? I seem to remember the Mirror reporting someone was signed when they weren't before

Yeah, the OS needs to tell us before it's a confirmed transfer. They'd never get it wrong.

Oh, hi Jason McAteer. ;)

The Star did it years ago, saying we'd signed Jason Wilcox for £4 million. A mere seven years later he actually signed, after a spell at Leeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669