Post Match Peterborough 1 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren't you saying just the other day that the last thing we need is a load of new players?

I think that PR is only reacting to changing circumstances.

I for one never expected us to completely fade as we are doing. 1 point from Forest & Peterborough! I'm afraid that we have players out of control and the manager seems a bit one dimensional to put it kindly.

I think that Pearson is losing the plot and needs help and support from within the club - unfortunately it is an ownership/ executive management devoid of football people.

I think that PR is only reacting to changing circumstances.

I for one never expected us to completely fade as we are doing. 1 point from Forest & Peterborough! I'm afraid that we have players out of control and the manager seems a bit one dimensional to put it kindly.

I think that Pearson is losing the plot and needs help and support from within the club - unfortunately it is an ownership/ executive management devoid of football people.

I disagree. I think we are obviously missing Danns and the attacking play he provides. The fact we are having to play Bamba there highlights the lack of depth in that area, which is ridiculous considering the amount of midfielders we had at the beginning of the season. I have no idea what happened with Beckford today, but it sounded a lot like Stringer's usual over-sensational attitude.

"Beckford is another Shearer"....where do they get these jokers from?

I disagree. I think we are obviously missing Danns and the attacking play he provides. The fact we are having to play Bamba there highlights the lack of depth in that area, which is ridiculous considering the amount of midfielders we had at the beginning of the season. I have no idea what happened with Beckford today, but it sounded a lot like Stringer's usual over-sensational attitude.

Don't buy it. Every team has injury problems especially towards the end of the season. The apparant glut of mid fielders at the start of the season included two who were never fit to play. Absurd. The fact that we can't get a single goal in 180+ minutes against Forest & Peterboro suggests that our creativity & firepower is almost non-existent.

This kind of anger makes me worry for your health Alex, go look at some tits.

I think people are making mountains out of molehills from the Beckford situation. Just prior to this he bust his gut to run 100 yards to get back and make a tackle. He realised we needed 3 points today and not 1 and therefore attacking that free kick deep in to stoppage time was pointless. He'd been busting his gut prior to that so I'm not going to lambast him for realising that our season was over at this point.

Obviously we want our players to believe and not give up until the very end but let's face it, as fans, many of us had given up weeks/months ago, so how can we get on his back for giving up with seconds to go.

Beckyweckydoodoo is arguably showing the kind of pashun we all want. However, do we?

Don't buy it. Every team has injury problems especially towards the end of the season. The apparant glut of mid fielders at the start of the season included two who were never fit to play. Absurd. The fact that we can't get a single goal in 180+ minutes against Forest & Peterboro suggests that our creativity & firepower is almost non-existent.

Our goals scored over the season suggests otherwise. We lacked creativity because we had a defender in the creative role.

Weren't you saying just the other day that the last thing we need is a load of new players?

If you can point out where I said that Matt, then I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I very much doubt I did say it. I've been saying I don't think our squad is good enough since about September time and I think have pissed a few off by repeating it throughout the season.

Last edited:
It all pissed up when Chris Powell left for Charlton, I remember that we were on a winning streak of 4 or 5 and hadn't lost in about 7, and when he left it all went wrong, we need another character like him!

If you can point out where I said that Matt, then I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I very much doubt I did say it. I've been saying I don't think our squad is good enough since about September time and I think have pissed a few off by repeating it throughout the season.

Maybe I confused your posts with someone more rational (that was tongue in cheek before anyone calls me.pompous again). It's been proven time and again, in particular by ourselves, that constant overhauls don't work. We need a consistent squad with a driven cause, not new faces each season trying to form a team spirit.

Last edited:
To all you muppet's that didn't believe me,Pearson is not the right man for the job.PEARSON OUT:icon_sad:

I have made a decision not to enter this argument again: I suggest you do the same. If you think about it, you are fighting people who think that Nigel Pearson is a better manager than SGE, Wes Morgan is a classier centre back than Matt Mills and Danny Drinkwater outclasses Fernandes and Abe. :102:

Last edited:
Maybe I confused your posts with someone more rational (that was tongue in cheek before anyone calls me.pompous again). It's been proven time and again, in particular by ourselves, that constant overhauls don't work. We need a consistent squad with a driven cause, not new faces each season trying to form a team spirit.

I completely agree, Matt. I've said that in the past as well and the same about changing managers.

I never said I want to see a total overhaul, in fact quite the opposite, I said I think we need one, but I was saying it out of reluctance and frustration that it has gotten to that yet again.

I just don't think this current squad will ever be promotion material. Far too many players who only seem to turn up when they feel like it and go missing far too often, too individualists who play for themselves and too many players who don't seem to want to press and close down the opposition and play for the team and ultimately these players just don't seem to work with each other, there's not enough players who seem to suit each others' games.

Last edited:
I was at the game today. Regarding the Beckford incident at the end, all I saw was Beckford back on the half way line when we were getting ready to take the free kick. First impression was that he may have been been carrying an injury. To be honest, he put in a reasonable shift today (certainly better than Nugent, Wellens, Dyer, Marshall, Peltier, Konchesky, St Ledger, Morgan, Drinkwater, Schlupp) and even if he had a bit of a strop did it really matter? We weren't going to score/win the game.

NP seems to have had quite a few bust ups with players in his time - DJ, Mills, St Ledger and now Beckford - to the detriment of the team. I can't recall any Leicester Manager that seems to have had this problem as much as NP. Perhaps, this is a flaw in his management skills?

Why didn't NP bring Andy King on for the last 15-20 minutes when we needed goals?

Remember that Posh were without their best defender (Zakuani) and lost their best striker (Barnett) before half-time. They had a full back playing at centre half, and the other centre back came from Macclesfield. They looked rock solid against our meagre forward line!

A massive clearout will be required in the summer. We need horses for courses, that is players who will help us to get out of the Championship and not those who think they are Premier League stars. Peltier can't defend and Konchesky is past his best. Bamba flatters to deceive. Mills clearly won't be back. Wellens is a has been. Drinkwater and Marshall have potential, so keep them. Credit to Dyer for his effort but he's a player for a mid table Championship side. Nugent and Beckford, with the right service, will score goals at this level. Waggy and Vassell need to be shown the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669