Post Match Peterborough 1 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
P'boro 1 Leicester 0

Schmeichel penalty save couldn't stop us going down and handing them only their 3rd home clean sheet of the season

Beckford throwing a strop at the end of the game apparently and refusing to get forward for a free-kick, arguing with Bamba and Pearson.

Oh dear. Shambles.

That's it for this season :(

Re: P'boro 1 Leicester 0

Won't see Beckford again. No great loss.

I'm waiting to hear from Pearson and/or people that were at the game. The only caller so far that was at the game didn't see it. So everyone else is basing it on the say so of Young and Stringer.

Beckford could've been injured for all we know.

So much wrong with this club the past couple of seasons.

Current manager and the previous two before him, the owners, the players, the local media, the fans. All have them have contributed to it in a negative sense.

So many extremely average players at this club who get overrated by fans because they put in a couple of good performances every 6 or 7 games (Beckford, St. Ledger, Peltier, Konchesky, Dyer, Danns, Bamba), so much deadwood (Wellens, Morgan, Howard, Gallagher), such silly tactics from the manager (playing Nugent on the wing, playing Dyer on the right, Peltier being seemingly undroppable).

Bleh. Such an incredibly frustrating season.

At least we can get over it now as we're not going up, but we need yet another overhaul if we're going to make the top 6 next season.

Last edited:
Retard after retard on the Phone In as per usual....

100% correct prof. We will end up in the mediocre position we deserve.

Very, very frustrating.

I can only echo what Prof has said. I do hope the owners intend to keep Pearson on so he can have a pre-season to get it right but he does have to take some responsibility for what the season has become. He had us in the top six briefly so we can't moan too much that he had to inherit an awful squad. But it was certainly unbalanced and I think he has made some good steps in rectifying that.

That said, if the owners are minded to get rid if (!) we don't make the play offs then they may as well just do it now and give the next bloke a chance to assess what it is he needs to do. The most frustrating thing is the wider context of it all. This time two years ago it was all going in the right direction without anything like the money we have now. What the hell went wrong?

It can't just be as simple as Sousa. Management problems can be rectified by good managers. The direction of the club has to come from above that. I really fear that what I perceive as a 'win at all costs and do it quickly' approach is going to leave us in very serious trouble.

For me the most disappointing thing is that we haven't seriously challenged this season. I've tried to finf spme signs of positivity in Pearson's tenure but I'm really struggling now with that one.

As i see it we've all got a false idea of how good we are or might be. Trouble is most of the teams in the division see themselves similarly. The only difference for us is that we've wasted a ton of money in getting no where.

I think iys difficult at Leicester we've got a local media and many fans who are living in a dream world. I guess an improvement would start with facing up to reality and trying to build a squad in which commitment was a big factor. At present i sense a phoney all round set up.

Thanks Peterboro for finally putting us out of our misery.

p.s Just hearing Paul Konchesky still talking about the play-offs ffs !!!!!

Unbelievable.

For me the most disappointing thing is that we haven't seriously challenged this season. I've tried to finf spme signs of positivity in Pearson's tenure but I'm really struggling now with that one.

As i see it we've all got a false idea of how good we are or might be. Trouble is most of the teams in the division see themselves similarly. The only difference for us is that we've wasted a ton of money in getting no where.

I think iys difficult at Leicester we've got a local media and many fans who are living in a dream world. I guess an improvement would start with facing up to reality and trying to build a squad in which commitment was a big factor. At present i sense a phoney all round set up.

It's more frustrating than that: we've wasted a ton of money in going backwards.

Last edited:
Pearson on now.

Re Beckford, he says he'll deal with it privately, but he's not happy about it. Won't say much about it.

Said he's dejected and expected a much better performance from the players today given the opportunity we had.

Listening to the commentary Alan Young was obviously going out of his way to shake the racist tag. :icon_sad: He hates Beckford and Bamba.

I will never forget the article that was in the Mercury last season lambasting Yakubu.

So much wrong with this club the past couple of seasons.

Current manager and the previous two before him, the owners, the players, the local media, the fans. All have them have contributed to it in a negative sense.

So many extremely average players at this club who get overrated by fans because they put in a couple of good performances every 6 or 7 games (Beckford, St. Ledger, Peltier, Konchesky, Dyer, Danns, Bamba), so much deadwood (Wellens, Morgan, Howard, Gallagher), such silly tactics from the manager (playing Nugent on the wing, playing Dyer on the right, Peltier being seemingly undroppable).

Bleh. Such an incredibly frustrating season.

At least we can get over it now as we're not going up, but we need yet another overhaul if we're going to make the top 6 next season.

Weren't you saying just the other day that the last thing we need is a load of new players?

Listening to the commentary Alan Young was obviously going out of his way to shake the racist tag. :icon_sad: He hates Beckford and Bamba.

I will never forget the article that was in the Mercury last season lambasting Yakubu.

Perhaps if he thinks a player is shit but also black he should say nothing then he wouldnt be a racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566