Peterborough away kick off time changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have a reputation for hooliganism? Millwall certainly, Leeds probably.. but I never would have said we are any worse than any other club out there. F**k you Barry Fry!

Ona related note, this could be good, we might get on TV with an early kick off...

there was a spot of bother last time we went to London Road

fat ****, perhaps thrashing out plans isn't a good idea with his history of the ticker

less time in the pubs? yeah that'll solve everything as its so far from leicester to peterborough and such people can't buy cans......

at least this made me laugh "Derbies against Milton Keynes, on January 3, and Northampton Town, on March 14, may also require a large police presence." be ever fearing of the nasty Wimbledon fans

It's the police who wanted to move the game, the fat **** is just repeating what they've told him.

"Cambridgeshire police have requested the new kick-off times, with officers meeting Posh director Barry Fry to thrash out a plan to prevent trouble on matchdays.

They agreed to bring forward the games against Leeds on October 4, Millwall on Boxing Day and Leicester City on March 28, to noon from their scheduled kick-off times of 3pm"

i read that and assumed that Mr Fry had met with them and 'agreed' to a noon kick off, meaning that the fat **** has agreed to move the game?

then "Leeds, Leicester and Millwall fans have a reputation, and we want to give them less time in the pubs before kick-off." suggests to me that is the view of Peterborough or Mr Fry has joined the Old Bill

Last edited:
Police said the three clubs had a record of disorder and their fans were "less than well behaved" last season.

Seems a tad harsh IMO ....

I went to the majority of away games last season, and the only game I was aware we caused some trouble at was, Cov. :102:

What do you think would have happened if he hadn't agreed to the police's request?

Anyway I guess that rules him out of the running for the Leicester job.

i don't think anyone is ruled out of the running for the leicester job as i imagine MM will keep going until he finds someone willing to take it.

i don't expect that he would suggest to go against the police request but a little less arsehole comments would have been appreciated, something along the lines of inconvenience for fans would have been better than suggesting we're badly behaved and deserve it

What f*cking bullshit. I seriously resent being lumped with Leeds and Millwall; they are true scum. We're no where near as bad as them thugs. I'm gonna kick off big time when I head to London Road now. ;)

Last edited:
The Coventry meet up was one of the worst incidents last season. We are where we are.

I went to the majority of away games last season, and the only game I was aware we caused some trouble at was, Cov. :102:

And at your manor in the CC, of course.

I'm not surprised at this - I'd expect similar from Northampton and MKDons.

What about the Stoke match?

we have a reputation for hooliganism? Millwall certainly, Leeds probably.. but I never would have said we are any worse than any other club out there. F**k you Barry Fry!

Ona related note, this could be good, we might get on TV with an early kick off...

No, we won't. Face it, we're hardly going to be on TV this season. Premier League games take preference on a Saturday lunchtime and if not that then it's Championship - hardly ever League One.

Seriously the only time I reckon we will be on telly is....

a) FA Cup - Might get a non-league team early or face a big boy in the 3rd Round if we go through
b) International weekends - I still expect us to have a number of games called off at international weekends but those which don't, Sky may televise in absence of Premier and Div 1.
c) Play-offs
d) Johnstone Paints - Area Finals/Final.
e) League Cup - Decent draw at home to a bigboy's ressies.

Seriously the only time I reckon we will be on telly is....

a) FA Cup - Might get a non-league team early or face a big boy in the 3rd Round if we go through
b) International weekends - I still expect us to have a number of games called off at international weekends but those which don't, Sky may televise in absence of Premier and Div 1.
c) Play-offs
d) Johnstone Paints - Area Finals/Final.
e) League Cup - Decent draw at home to a bigboy's ressies.

You forgot

f) Last game of the season, when it's either us or Crewe for the last relegation spot.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566