Pre Match Peterborough v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real Sharapova

I predict the following: Leicester are leading 1-0 midway through the second half when the game is abandoned due to a minor electrical fire in the main stand. As the players are leaving the pitch a mass brawl takes place leaving eight players from each team red-carded. Meanwhile an outraged Nigel Pearson spots the Bishop of Leicester in the Director's Box. Confronting the Bishop, a visibly angry Pearson informs the Bishop he will never pray for Leicester again. Pearson then nuts him. The Bishop subsequently turns down a loan move to the Diocese of Leeds, citing the all-too pervasive influence of a cloven-hoofed denizen of that Ministry, a Mr Neil Warnock.

As foretold in Old Birch's Almanack.

Last edited:
Re: Peterborough ( A )

I predict the following: Leicester are leading 1-0 midway through the second half when the game is abandoned due to a minor electrical fire in the main stand. As the players are leaving the pitch a mass brawl takes place leaving eight players from each team red-carded. Meanwhile an outraged NIGEL PEARSON spots the Bishop of Leicester in the Director's Box. Confronting the Bishop, a visibly angry PEARSON informs the Bishop he will never pray for Leicester again. PEARSON then nuts him. The Bishop subsequently turns down a loan move to the Diocese of Leeds, citing the all-too pervasive influence of a cloven-hoofed denizen of that Ministry, a Mr Neil Warnock.

As foretold in Old Birch's Almanack.

Last edited:

Wellens for Bamba, maybe Schlupp for Beckford, Kingy to get some match action. Against opposition who wont just "park the bus" im expecting a close 1-2 win Marshall Dyer

Taking my 4 year son on Saturday, my first away game since Norwich. I predict a goal fest. City to win 5-3

Taking my 4 year son on Saturday, my first away game since Norwich. frustraing draw with a bunch of non league players, 1-1

Ture.

It seems like a fairly good time to be playing Peterborough, although it's quite clear they're about as erratic as any side in this division. There are usually goals where they are concerned and I don't think there's too much evidence to bet against that on Saturday.

Barnett has looked useful for them since he joined them in January so I guess he is as good as any of them to keep an eye on. I wouldn't back us to get a clean sheet but we all know full well that we really should be picking these off. Should be a good day out for those who can make it regardless, last year of the terrace and all that.

Wellens for Bamba, maybe Schlupp for Beckford, Kingy to get some match action. Against opposition who wont just "park the bus" im expecting a close 1-2 win Marshall Dyer
Come on Dennis try and be a bit more unpredictable - I mean to say - this is your 40th 2-1 prediction this season

Re: Leicester v Peterborough

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....ys-Leicester/story-15667014-detail/story.html

I know that I am always getting at Nigel Pearson, but does anybody else think that, being quoted in the Leicester Mercury as saying that Ben Marshall holds the key to our play off push, is putting too much pressure on a young lad? I guess we ALL know who to blame if/when things go wrong..... :102:

PEARSON doesn't say anything like that in the whole article - in fact he specifically mentions not putting too much pressure on him

It is the Mercury that has added all that nonsense, in a poorly written piece of crap

The manager is simply praising a young player, and giving him a boost at a time when he probably needs it

The fact that you immediately pounce on an opportunity to criticise PEARSON, without actually reading what he has said, says rather more about you than anything else

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....ys-Leicester/story-15667014-detail/story.html

I know that I am always getting at Nigel Pearson, but does anybody else think that, being quoted in the Leicester Mercury as saying that Ben Marshall holds the key to our play off push, is putting too much pressure on a young lad? I guess we ALL know who to blame if/when things go wrong..... :102:

That's not what he says though, is it? There is a distinct difference between the meanings of the definite and the indefinite articles.

In any case, things already have gone wrong - we are not going to be promoted; we are not going to be in the play-offs - whatever the contribution of Marshall or anybody else. The only people who will be looking for somebody to blame are those who thought it was likely in the first place.

Jesus! There's disliking someone and just flat out having a vendetta against someone.

How about you actually read the article you're using to say we should ALL blame a particular person if/when things go wrong next time?

Last edited:

Jesus! There's disliking someone and just flat out having a vendetta against someone.

How about you actually read the article you're using to say we should ALL blame a particular person if/when things go wrong next time?

I did not say we should blame Pearson: I said that Pearson is setting up Marshall as the fall guy - and it still reads that way to me.

I did not say we should blame Pearson: I said that Pearson is setting up Marshall as the fall guy - and it still reads that way to me.

Eh? You'll have to explain for me where abouts in that article it reads that way to you, because I don't know how even the most anti-PEARSON person could possibly read it that way.

"He is looking more and more confident,"

"He created some very good attacking moments in both halves (against Forest), and looked the most likely person throughout the game to create something.

"In the first half he had a couple of chances he created for himself, and the keeper made one very good save. That was another positive for us.

"He is an intelligent footballer and gets himself into some good positions.

"The goal he scored on Saturday against Hull came after he took up a very intelligent position.

"Forest did defend very deep and really made the central area compact and flooded the midfield. It made it very tough to find space in there."

"He is versatile,"

"The role he is playing at the moment suits him very well.

"When he was on loan at Sheffield Wednesday he played a lot of the time on the left cutting in, and you can see why.

"Likewise, when we played him on the right towards the end against Forest, you can see he is very comfortable in terms of being an orthodox right-winger.

"The important thing for me as a manager is that I have a player who is mentally prepared to play in a number of positions, but also versatile technically to be able to do that.

"That is great for us and that bodes well for the future, without putting too much pressure on him because he has only been here since January.

"He is a young player who is finding his feet in the Championship, but I think he is becoming more confident through the performances he is putting in. He will get a lot better for us."

Where exactly do you read PEARSON setting up Marshall as the fall guy from that? :102:

Last edited:

Peterborough are always dangerous on their day, and we've struggled away in recent games.

Should be an open match and if we're at our best we'll claim the points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566