Pre Match Peterborough

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEN3

Some thoughts ahead of Posh's visit.

I saw them lose 4-3 to Barnsley last week. Defensively, their full backs are particularly vulnerable ( Tom Kennedy can't play as he is on loan from us. His replacement is likely to be Tommy Rowe, who is essentially a winger rather than a left back. The regular right back, Mark Little is out through injury and a decent winger can give his replacement a rough time). Do we have the wingers to wreak havoc?

Their key player is Grant McCann. He plays just in front of the back four,distributing passes to the likes of Tomlin and Boyd. Dangerous from free kicks.

Tomlin, a Leicester lad and supporter, looks a little stocky, but is surprisingly skilful. Not the quickest of movers, but has an ability to shoot accurately so must be watched.

Up front, Taylor is pacy and can cause problems for big defenders such as Bamba. An impressive goal return for someone who very few of us had heard about at the start of the season. Their other striker, Sinclair, is also quick but struggling to make the grade at Championship level following the move from Macclesfield.

If we are to have any serious thoughts about challenging for promotion then teams like Posh should be defeated at home.

In terms of Barnsley, I was most impressed by Jacob Butterfield in midfield. He's a younger version of Wellens, with a decent left peg and an ability to score goals. Let's get him in January with Wellens going the other way + £ 500k.

Some thoughts ahead of Posh's visit.

I saw them lose 4-3 to Barnsley last week. Defensively, their full backs are particularly vulnerable ( Tom Kennedy can't play as he is on loan from us. His replacement is likely to be Tommy Rowe, who is essentially a winger rather than a left back. The regular right back, Mark Little is out through injury and a decent winger can give his replacement a rough time). Do we have the wingers to wreak havoc?

Their key player is Grant McCann. He plays just in front of the back four,distributing passes to the likes of Tomlin and Boyd. Dangerous from free kicks.

Tomlin, a Leicester lad and supporter, looks a little stocky, but is surprisingly skilful. Not the quickest of movers, but has an ability to shoot accurately so must be watched.

Up front, Taylor is pacy and can cause problems for big defenders such as Bamba. An impressive goal return for someone who very few of us had heard about at the start of the season. Their other striker, Sinclair, is also quick but struggling to make the grade at Championship level following the move from Macclesfield.

If we are to have any serious thoughts about challenging for promotion then teams like Posh should be defeated at home.

In terms of Barnsley, I was most impressed by Jacob Butterfield in midfield. He's a younger version of Wellens, with a decent left peg and an ability to score goals. Let's get him in January with Wellens going the other way + £ 500k.

A sensible post until the made up nonsense figures at the end.

What is your argument

Partly that you want to buy him based on one viewing, but that is a small moan, I just find it really annoying when people make up random figures for players. It happens a lot during rumour season "Oh we should offer them 6 goats for such and such" etc. Your post was going fine until you may as well have put " send Wellens their way (assuming he would open to the inevitable pay cut) and offer them £6 million", it's just as made up.

Partly that you want to buy him based on one viewing, but that is a small moan, I just find it really annoying when people make up random figures for players. It happens a lot during rumour season "Oh we should offer them 6 goats for such and such" etc. Your post was going fine until you may as well have put " send Wellens their way (assuming he would open to the inevitable pay cut) and offer them £6 million", it's just as made up.

I can't recall saying that we should offer them £6 million

id leave the back 5 unchanged, possibly bring in Fernandes for Wellens in midfield and put Schlupp on the bench to replace either Gally or Dyer in later stages. We should win this im going for a 3-1 win Beckford Nugent King

Hence me saying you may as well have. It would have been just as relevant as the 500k or 1m. It's all made up and makes no sense in the current climate where no player has a flat fee.

I liked your post but I have to say Matt is right on this one- there's no reason why you or I have any idea what a player is worth, or why we should be throwing figures around. Managers will have a price they are willing to pay, and if it is in that figure then th player is 'worth it'. Thats all there is to it.

Keep your opinions on made up figures to yourself!

:icon_wink

Last edited:
Schmickledickledoodoo

Peltmypants
Gascoigne
SSL Console
Koncheywoncheypants

Oh Lord...
Wellard
Kingking
Gallywallyplop

Nugget
Beckywasmardynowispantywanty

3009-1 Beckford to score lots and hush the doubters.

Can anybody tell me how much tickets would be for 1 under 18, 1 adult and 2 under 5’s in the family stand using my Dad’s season ticket for the promotion?

I can’t get on the official site at work 

U18 = £8
U5 = £5
AD = £15

£28 Kingy

3009-1 Beckford to score lots and hush the doubters.

P'boro have the highest number of goals scored for and against per game ratio in the top 4 divisions. So you might be well onto something.

I'm saying 3-1 Beckford Nugent and Danns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670