PFA Player of the Year shortlist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahrez will win it.
The owners will then have all of them on big contracts funded by the Champs league £65m. Even at £150k a week we could put mahrez, vardy and kante on unfathomable wages and still not start to spend the premier league TV or prize money or increased sponsorship revenue or increased player rights %s
I fancy our chances of having all three in our first champs league squad.
Oh, and we'll have 6 in the team of the year.
Huth, Morgan, Kante, Fuchs, Mahrez, Vardy

If we win the league I care not.

Amazing how split we all are.

I think it's a no-brainer. Vardy and Kante have been marvellous and are special players. But Mahrez is a different class. One that puts him in a category with only a handful of players in the world.

I'm 99% sure he will win it.

Well that shows how split we are because I think Mahrez is the least deserving of the nominated.

Not that Mahrez hasn't been fantastic, but I just think Kante and Vardy have been more consistent over the entire season and are more deserving of a season-long award.

Well that shows how split we are because I think Mahrez is the least deserving of the nominated.

Not that Mahrez hasn't been fantastic, but I just think Kante and Vardy have been more consistent over the entire season and are more deserving of a season-long award.

Agreed, Mahrez has several off days and doesn't seem to be able to pull himself out of a slump in the game. Kante and Vardy are both exceptional every single week.

Isn't it amazing that none of us can agree on player of the season because they've all been stand out? In the past we'd either have one definite stand out (ie Cambiasso last season), or we wouldn't be able to agree because they're all equally shit.

Isn't it amazing that none of us can agree on player of the season because they've all been stand out? In the past we'd either have one definite stand out (ie Cambiasso last season), or we wouldn't be able to agree because they're all equally shit.

Yeah. You could easily throw Morgan and Drinkwater in as candidates too.

Hell, Fuchs, Huth, Albrighton, Simpson and Schmeichel would've been contenders in any other season as well!

Kante for me. But some of what Mahrez has done this season is so memorable, putting three villa players on their arse being my most favourite still!

It will be interesting to see how close John Terry's Team of the Year comes out to the total votes.

As a unit I could not see anyone arguing that their back 5 is better than our's, though I could see arguments for odd individuals, De Ghea and Hart for instance being better than Schmeichel.

I'd be surprised if the PFA team didn't look pretty close to:

De Gea

Bellerin
Alderweireld
Huth, Morgan or Smalling
Rose

Ozil
Kante
Payet
Mahrez

Vardy
Kane

Not saying I agree with it, but I think that'll be pretty close.

Mahrez should win it, delivers when the team needs it most on a regular basis. Watford away, Palace away and I'm sure many other examples that I can't currently think of.

Mahrez should win it, delivers when the team needs it most on a regular basis. Watford away, Palace away and I'm sure many other examples that I can't currently think of.

Not forgetting that if he had not missed 2 penalties against Bournemouth and Villa we would have another 4 points and be just one game away from being champions! ;)

Anyone know what electoral system is used for this? Don't want First Past The Post splitting the Leicester vote!

Every player votes in each squad, but only for players in the same league, and you cannot vote for anyone in your team!

Each of our 3 are unique in their own way. There is no-one playing like Vardy. There is no-one with the magic of Mahrez, and there is no-one who covers the entire pitch every game and robs, intercepts and sets up attacks like Kante does.

If the votes are close they should give to all 3 as a joint award. They have all played so well BECAUSE of each other.

Rather than Kanté, who delivers all the time?
Goals and assists win games, not consistency. I love Kante, I am a huge fan and he is in my opinion the best central midfield player of my lifetime (sorry Muzzy). But if you have nobody to put the ball in the net the best you can achieve is 0-0.

Goals and assists win games, not consistency. I love Kante, I am a huge fan and he is in my opinion the best central midfield player of my lifetime (sorry Muzzy). But if you have nobody to put the ball in the net the best you can achieve is 0-0.

Tis true. But if you don't get the ball in the first place you can't score. Unless someone like Super Frank is playing for the opposition.

Tis true. But if you don't get the ball in the first place you can't score. Unless someone like Super Frank is playing for the opposition.
Are we referring to our very own OG expert here?

For what it's worth, Vards would get my vote but as others have said it's almost an impossible choice. But the record, the 21 goals, the goal v Liverpool, the assists and general play for almost all his matches, and his improvement since last year, mean I'd like him to get it.

With N'golo and Mahrez to share the Football Writers award!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566