Pitch invasion if promoted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is this happening or what? Got slightly lost…

So is this happening or what? Got slightly lost…

There are three points to bear in mind
(1) The club does not want a pitch invasion and the wishes of the owners and staff should be respected.
(2) Anyone who invades the pitch is moronic.
(3) If any moron does invade the pitch it is not compulsory for a sensible chap like you, Jenks, to join them.

There are three points to bear in mind
(1) The club does not want a pitch invasion and the wishes of the owners and staff should be respected.
(2) Anyone who invades the pitch is moronic.
(3) If any moron does invade the pitch it is not compulsory for a sensible chap like you, Jenks, to join them.

Well that has pretty much cleared that up then....thanks DG.
One question though.......is this at home or away?:icon_razz

Excuse my ignorance.

What is the problem with fans going on to the pitch at the end of the season? Have I been in America too long?

Excuse my ignorance.

What is the problem with fans going on to the pitch at the end of the season? Have I been in America too long?

The club don't want it to happen - we must all sit in our seats and applaud politely

And we all know that we have to do what the club wants, and celebrate in the way that we are told to

It's the modern way

Excuse my ignorance.

Same holier than thou attitude as displayed in the players celebration night thread.

We'll be the only team in history to go up without one and it's one of my first memories of Filbert Street being stuck in the double decker and everyone having a pitch invasion at the end of the season wherever we ended up.

Typical killjoy attitude of the average Leicester City fan as nothing wrong with wanting to have a celebration.

Fair enough if we were playing Forest or Derby but it's Doncaster and little to no chance of any trouble.

Last edited:
Boring boring Leicester, simple as that.

Characterless support, the type that modern day football owners ****ing love.

Boring boring Leicester, simple as that.

Characterless support, the type that modern day football owners ****ing love.

I think you and Matt ought to grow up. How old are you? Sound like a couple of kids, throwing your dummies out of the pram because you can't gambol and frolic on a piece of grass.

The club don't want it to happen - we must all sit in our seats and applaud politely

And we all know that we have to do what the club wants, and celebrate in the way that we are told to

It's the modern way

That's a shame. Americans love a good "rushing" of the court/field. All in good fun.

What is the problem with fans going on to the pitch at the end of the season?

It is an arrestable offence to enter the field of play without lawful authority, and those convicted of doing so may receive a football banning order in addition to the punishments decided by the courts.

Match officials are required to report any pitch encroachments to the Football Association, which can lead to either substantial fines and/or points deductions.

The field of play continues to be termed as such for a period of one hour after the end of the match.

In the circumstances I can fully understand the club's desire to keep fans off the pitch. They can certainly do nothing to encourage or which would seem to condone it.

Have I been in America too long?[/QUOTE]

That's a shame. Americans love a good "rushing" of the court/field. All in good fun.

Part of the problem is that historically many pitch invasions have not been 'all in good fun'. Too many people have used the general mayhem as a cover for acts of assault and criminal damage.

The club will emphasise the fact that the players won't receive the trophy, or come out to do a lap of the pitch if there is some sort of pitch invasion. Sadly this will fall on deaf ears. It's a momentous occasion for most and the sheer excitement of it all will just be too much and I'd be amazed if there wasn't a mass pitch invasion. The club will fully expect this to happen and there's not too much they can do stop it. In recent weeks we've seen pitch invasions involving Wolves , Brentford and Sheff Utd - all of which happened in the spirit of the occasion.

That said, Boc is completely right in pointing out that it is an arrestable offence.

I'd be amazed if there wasn't a mass pitch invasion. The club will fully expect this to happen and there's not too much they can do stop it.

Didn't we have an indication at the end of the (?)Brighton game of how they intend to stop it?

stock-photo-modern-day-gladiators-police-officers-in-riot-gear-respond-to-the-civil-disturbance-.jpg

I think it's more a case of elf and safety if thousands try and get on at once ( causing a crush at the foot of the gangways)

If it's done in a sensible way, it should be encouraged. The presentation can be done in the directors box if necessary. However, sky bet will want it done in the middle of the pitch with fireworks as is their contractual right. Had we won with a home game to spare then this would not be an issue.

Don't worry David I have absolutely no intention of joining in - I've got two small kids to look after. I was merely interested in what people were thinking as it's been mentioned elsewhere and remembered this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669