Place called Vertigo

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverFox

No I'm not talking about U2's latest offering, but our current position in the table. What a difference a new manager makes...but....

I think we should keep our feet firmly on the ground. Its great that we are finally seeing the performances that we as Leicester City fans deserve, and its great to see this weird thing that I thought was fiction until recent times...teamwork. However, I think we are getting carried away with our expectations. There are only 3 points between us and 16th place and we could find ourselves there if we get too cocky. Hard work and grit is needed to make something out of this season, and from what I can see this has only just begun.

I would also hate for expectation to get to the level that some of the extreme fickle elements of our fan base turn on our manager/team the first time a result doesn't go our way. We must remember that the longest of journeys begin with a single step...we have made that step, but a lot of hard work needs to go into the marathon before us.

Its great to feel good again, lets keep it up, but lets not burn the house down if we don't win the Champions League :wink:

SilverFox said:
.... some of the extreme fickle elements of our fan base...

Come on name names. :wink:

Spot on silver, my sentiments exactly
But did you hear birch on the radio tonight. He says he can see that the way levien works is very similar to manner MON.

YEHA. lets hope so, I can just see us in top five of the premier. Kiucking ars of the big boys.

We should start a new campaign to take over from Keep the faith and call it

Keep our feet on the ground.

A damn fine post Silver Fox - but you don't go far enough. One point that seems to elude most of LCFC's dimwit following is that CL's record over his first six games (nine points) was inferior to MA's last six (eleven points). And despite the fact that we are in a nominal eighth position we are just as far off a play-off spot.

Just as well we won at Leeds - our first away victory since Micky's departure. And some of our performances have been stinkers too. What about Cardiff? That first half against Plymouth (and Leeds too)? And then the general mediocrity against Wigan and Sunderland.

Admittedly one or two of those with their cocks on the block have started to produce (fnarr, fnarr!) but overrall, apart from absurdly rising expectations amongst the moronic majority, nothing much has changed.

bonehead said:
A damn fine post Silver Fox - but you don't go far enough. One point that seems to elude most of LCFC's dimwit following is that CL's record over his first six games (nine points) was inferior to MA's last six (eleven points). And despite the fact that we are in a nominal eighth position we are just as far off a play-off spot.

Just as well we won at Leeds - our first away victory since Micky's departure. And some of our performances have been stinkers too. What about Cardiff? That first half against Plymouth (and Leeds too)? And then the general mediocrity against Wigan and Sunderland.

Admittedly one or two of those with their cocks on the block have started to produce (fnarr, fnarr!) but overrall, apart from absurdly rising expectations amongst the moronic majority, nothing much has changed.

So the point of this post is that we sack Levein and reinstate Adams. :wink: Hang on though in Levein's last six games his record is DWLDWW so that is also 11 points. :roll: That also coincided with Adams' best spell this season. This is Levein's only spell. :roll:

You must admit that the quality of football was going down hill rapidly during ma stay and he lost the plot in the later months, the football has improved a great deal since Levien came. I know it aint brilliant but with the choise of players we have, is it going to get that good.

Levien has performed a miricle by getting the players to pass to each other.

bonehead said:

If nothing much has changed I must be having weird dreams because the transformation at City has been so pronounced that it wouldn't surprise me if Levein got offered a part as The Genie in Aladdin by an enterprising some theatre group trying to boost Christmas Pantomime sales.

I've listed some of the many significant changes for the better in one of the "dimwits" sections elsewhere on the forum but I wonder what a poll of fans would produce if the question were asked: Who would you rather have as City's management for the forseeable future: Levein and his team or Adams/Cork/Bassett.

Perhaps even more interesting would be a poll of the players, including first team, reserves and Academy, assuming the last two groups actually knew that Adams was the manager!.

Are you lot seriously suggesting that the displays at Cardiff & Wigan, and for the most of the matches against Sunderland, Plymouth and Leeds represented a serious improvement in quality? But what would I expect from a bunch of no-brainers who saw 'massive' improvements when DB took over (er three consecutive draws)?

How many of you lot on this thread actually attended these games? And where do you normally watch your football - Hinckley Athletic? The thing that has turned your attitudes (and our season) is wait for it - LUCK.

Luck that we got back to back wins against mediocre opposition that couldn't hit the proverbial cow's arse with the proverbial banjo. Which is just as well for CL as you lot would have been calling for his head by now.

CL has proved nothing yet - though in time he might. Look at the stats first boys before spouting nonsense here.

bonehead said:
Are you lot seriously suggesting that the displays at Cardiff & Wigan, and for the most of the matches against Sunderland, Plymouth and Leeds represented a serious improvement in quality? But what would I expect from a bunch of no-brainers who saw 'massive' improvements when DB took over (er three consecutive draws)?

How many of you lot on this thread actually attended these games? And where do you normally watch your football - Hinckley Athletic? The thing that has turned your attitudes (and our season) is wait for it - LUCK.

Luck that we got back to back wins against mediocre opposition that couldn't hit the proverbial cow's arse with the proverbial banjo. Which is just as well for CL as you lot would have been calling for his head by now.

CL has proved nothing yet - though in time he might. Look at the stats first boys before spouting nonsense here.

Get real. I have been to every home and away game this season up until Leeds last weekend when I couldnt go due to a short holiday. I can honestly say that the brand of football we are currently plying is light yaers ahead of that seeen against Brighton/watford etc earlier in the season.

Hinckley Athletic no longer exist - do your homework before spouting nonsense on here.

If our recent results are LUCK then long may it continue. I suggest you watch the games rather than looking at stats then you would see that recent optimism is based on our performances which obviously arent yet at the level we hope for but are a 100% improvement on the dross dished up by Micky Adams.

James Walker/Oadby Fox/Chandler/Bonehead has never let the world of facts get in the way of his paranoid rants.

He is more interested in insulting everyone and feeling superior.

TJ said:
James Walker/Oadby Fox/Chandler/Bonehead has never let the world of facts get in the way of his paranoid rants.

He is more interested in insulting everyone and feeling superior.

Well said TJ

to me, it's the entire attitude of the playing squad that has changed. and definitely for the better! they look like they want to play together now,instead of how it was before. now it really is a team,not a group of individuals.

if people can't see THAT,then there's something wrong with them.

They may not be playing great foot ball yet but at least they are organised and each player appears to know his role within the team. So just this change in the squad has resulted in a change in results, i think individually the players are not playing much better, but as team we a re much improved. With the quality of the division being what it is, a well organised team will be the most likely to win it, probably not the moat talented.

Oh my god almost 5 months since i last posted i can't believe it.

just like to add that the way we are playing at the moment is a lot better than under Adams, one significant difference is that i actually look forward to going each week now which i have to say wasn't true at the start of this season.

pds said:
Oh my god almost 5 months since i last posted i can't believe it.

just like to add that the way we are playing at the moment is a lot better than under Adams, one significant difference is that i actually look forward to going each week now which i have to say wasn't true at the start of this season.

Why have you left us for so long :?: Was it something someone said :?: :? :?

no no mate! i left college in july where i had internet access. my internet at home has packed in so i have been unable to visit my favourite site :oops: just started a new job in town so i now have internet access

wahay!

pds said:
no no mate! i left college in july where i had internet access. my internet at home has packed in so i have been unable to visit my favourite site :oops: just started a new job in town so i now have internet access

wahay!

welcome back young un :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673