play off dates

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm

Now i'm wondering what to do - i was hoping to become a member purely for priority over general sale, if indeed there was any.

The last time I didnt get membership we ended up going wembley for the cup final against Tranmere. Ended up queuing from 10pm the night before to 8am when they were released on general sale - I vowed I would never do that again :icon_eek:

I love people who suddenly decide that City is their team when a big game is on the horizon.

I love people who suddenly decide that City is their team when a big game is on the horizon.

i've actualy been a city supporter for over two decades mate, and have been to several big and small games home (and away) over the years.

What I can also say is that after the shower of crap we've had to endure before Pearson came in, the club didnt deserve my membership money.

hmm

The last time I didnt get membership we ended up going wembley for the cup final against Tranmere. Ended up queuing from 10pm the night before to 8am when they were released on general sale - I vowed I would never do that again :icon_eek:

Yep, I had a membership and I queued all night as well. One of the coldest nights of the year as well if I remember right.

i've actualy been a city supporter for over two decades mate, and have been to several big and small games home (and away) over the years.

I'm not arguing any of this. What does surprise me, though, is that you'd suddenly see it as essential to have ticket priority as soon as we get to a playoff final when you don't seem all that bothered otherw*s*.

What I can also say is that after the shower of crap we've had to endure before Pearson came in, the club didnt deserve my membership money.

Oh, now I see. Fair point I suppose, I used to begrudge handing over money to the club when I knew it was going towards Stephen Hughes' wages.

I don't even know why I've bothered getting involved in this discussion. Members' priority and general sale doesn't affect me in the slightest, I couldn't give a toss. Be it 6 or 46, enjoy whatever games you attend and make plenty of noise :038:

What does surprise me, though, is that you'd suddenly see it as essential to have ticket priority as soon as we get to a playoff final when you don't seem all that bothered otherw*s*.

I would become a member towards the end of this season if it would guarantee a ticket for a play-off final.

Maybe someone like you who has been to every match might think I don't deserve a play-off final ticket, but I've put enough into the club during bad times to call myself a proper supporter - this season is the first for nearly 25 years that I haven't had either a season ticket or membership.

I'm not arguing any of this. What does surprise me, though, is that you'd suddenly see it as essential to have ticket priority as soon as we get to a playoff final when you don't seem all that bothered otherw*s*.

On the grand scale of things, for league matches I dont mind paying the £2 or so extra for general sale tickets as and when I can make it... over the season it may work out expensive but I'm not really bothered.

And yes, I do see it essential to grab any potential priority for a playoff final - certainly more essential than some midweek evening match in Sunny Plymouth:)

Oh, now I see. Fair point I suppose, I used to begrudge handing over money to the club when I knew it was going towards Stephen Hughes' wages.

I don't even know why I've bothered getting involved in this discussion. Members' priority and general sale doesn't affect me in the slightest, I couldn't give a toss. Be it 6 or 46, enjoy whatever games you attend and make plenty of noise :038:

Indeed - but surely you'd be happier with the opportunity to purchase tickets earlier than general sale if at all possible? Or would you rather queue up overnight without any guarantee you would get any tickets in the morning..? :)

I would become a member towards the end of this season if it would guarantee a ticket for a play-off final.

Maybe someone like you who has been to every match might think I don't deserve a play-off final ticket, but I've put enough into the club during bad times to call myself a proper supporter - this season is the first for nearly 25 years that I haven't had either a season ticket or membership.

hit... nail.. head :038:

spot on (although its a mere 20 years for me)

I couldn't care less how often other people turn up. If you pay your money, you deserve to be there. Me going to every game just means I have less money and brains than you, and probably fewer friends :icon_lol:

I love these debates. Bottom line is this...allocation for the play off is, and should be current season ticket holders first (after board, employees, sponsors, team and family etc of course), members second, points scheme (at the better organised clubs) next, and then Joe Schmo camps out in the rain for the crumbs.
Of course the shrewd clubs add in the criteria that people who have bought next season's season ticket get priority too. And renewing season ticket holders get the option of buying a second ticket. Throws a right spanner in things.

ah, may (no pun intended!) have to become a member by Easter

£99 for membership, for that you get 5 vouchers for 09/10 home games. Wouldn't leave it too long before getting one.

or £15 for just membership, and £50 for membership and 2 home games of your choice.

membership on the £15 ends today, emails i recived today read.... Dear Jason,

Purchasing a membership does not guarantee you tickets. Season ticket holders get priority and if there are still tickets available the next priority is members. Any membership purchased whether it be £15, £50 or £99 will give you priority over non members on tickets.

Kind Regards

Lucy
and..

Dear Jason,

Thank you for your email. The only way that you will get priority over general sale is to become a member. Please note that when tickets go on sale to members you are only entitled to one ticket per membership.

Kind regards

Lucy

Membership actually sounds a pretty good deal if you're a busy person.

On a side note, Lucy in the ticket office gets a :thumbs_up from me. Always gets it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669