Play-offs..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

bear

Not a chance......

I really had expectations of Leicester doing well this season, yet again after another defeat i can't see us finishing in the top half!!!

Whats your opinion?

And you took the piss out of me for being negative?

"sorry MK, we now realise that we are a bunch of tossers who have no idea about football."

No worries chaps, at least you've seen the light now...

Im not defeated yet. but.....it doesnt look good does it.

I wasnt expecting playoffs but did expect us to do better then last year finishing top 10, this now seems unlikely.

Sorry MK, we now realise that we are a bunch of tossers who have no idea about football.

alex said:
Sorry MK, we now realise that we are a bunch of tossers who have no idea about football.
:038: .:icon_lol:

Win a game and we're championship material. lose a game and we're relegation candidates. :icon_evil

Jeez lads and lasses, go get your blood pressure checked. You are on a one way ticket to the great footie pitch in the sky if you carry on like this :icon_eek:

A certain Mr Chandler, might just have been right about a few of you. Fickle........... :102:

Alex, you have hit the nail on the head. We are shit, we are really shit!! and it's rubbish. I hate it!!!!

xsubmariner said:
Win a game and we're championship material. lose a game and we're relegation candidates. :icon_evil

Jeez lads and lasses, go get your blood pressure checked. You are on a one way ticket to the great footie pitch in the sky if you carry on like this :icon_eek:

A certain Mr Chandler, might just have been right about a few of you. Fickle........... :102:

Exactly, one minute people say that we should be prepared for a slow build up - and nothing is going to happen in terms of a promotion challenge this year: now it's panic stations.

Going for promotion this season was never an option -we're miles off the mark for that.

Only one thing counts and that is whether CL is moving the club in the right direction.

I truly believed he was - but doubts are creeping in - not because of our position because I expected that - but some of his selection/ tactical decisions look a bit dodgy plus of course my major reservation about giving Fulham our scarce cash for a proven non-scoring 'striker'. If he had wanted just pace -it would have been cheaper at the retired greyhounds home.

xsubmariner said:

We were shit on Saturday IMO. I commented on here that I thought we got lucky and not to get excited about it.

Redditch Fox said:
Exactly, one minute people say that we should be prepared for a slow build up - and nothing is going to happen in terms of a promotion challenge this year: now it's panic stations.

Going for promotion this season was never an option -we're miles off the mark for that.

Only one thing counts and that is whether CL is moving the club in the right direction.

I truly believed he was - but doubts are creeping in - not because of our position because I expected that - but some of his selection/ tactical decisions look a bit dodgy plus of course my major reservation about giving Fulham our scarce cash for a proven non-scoring 'striker'. If he had wanted just pace -it would have been cheaper at the retired greyhounds home.

I agree although have never got carried away when we have won games.

Doubts are creeping in for me.
Why can't we defend set pieces all of a sudden?
Why are we changing the defence personnel every game?
Why are we changing a winning team?
Where has Stearman gone after being one of our best players?
Why are we contuining to play people out of position?
Why are we so slow to make substitutions?
Why do we only have 1 player who can take a corner?
Why don't we play the only player we have who can take a corner?
Will Elvis ever score?
Why did we buy Sylla?
Why did CL say he was concerned about our pace at the back and now plays Dublin and Nissa together?

Why oh why are we so shit?

Last edited:
Redditch Fox said:

you don't think that having roughly the 5th best budget even merits pushing for/expectation of a playoff place.

If not now when? Because it won't be next year when the budget is again slashed. Catch yourself on! We need to push for promotion!

SilverFox said:
you don't think that having roughly the 5th best budget even merits pushing for/expectation of a playoff place.

If not now when? Because it won't be next year when the budget is again slashed. Catch yourself on! We need to push for promotion!

I am inclined to agree again Silver. Crowds will continue to dwindle, reducing revenue. We lose the £3m parachute cash.

It's a bleak picture without promotion, unless we can make a strong challenge which might convince the board to stick theri neck out and back us for next season.

SilverFox said:

I'm afraid I don't buy the argument that there is a necessary correlation between us having the 5th highest wage costs and us finishing in the top 6.

There are other factors:

- the club had been badly managed prior to CL arriving;

- there has been another big turnover of players - and it takes time for things to gel;

- we sold our only recognised goalscorer in the transfer window.

It mainly comes down to judgement about players and getting the best out of them - rather than whether we have the 5th or 10th highest wage bill.

If we're honest CL has not yet convinced that he is going to deliver the goods. Over this season, we should be expected to improve to the point where the board and the bankers think there is a reasonable chance of promotion next year. To me, real improvement has to be reflected in results so I would be looking for a top half finish. If we finish about the same as last season (or perish the thought, worse) then that will represent no progress - given the resources available to CL. In which case - either he will walk or will be pushed. To be honest I half suspect that if we start to progress that he may be snapped up elsewhere anyway - because the big problem at Leicester is that we do not have a board with the wherewithall to match the potential of the club and the expectations of supporters. Organisations like the Foxes Trust will not come out and say that - they are too wrapped up in producing LCFC song sheets.

To be fair lads it's 7 games into the season we're 14th 4 points of 6th...

To be honnest it's and always will be an outside chance for playoffs. The side is still gelling, Hughes and Kisnorbo are only just fit and maybe the fact that Williams was subbed could show the fact that his dominence in our midfield could be coming to an end!

Hughes sounds loads better than Williams, Kisnorbo has been bigged up by Levein and maybe he'll be the holding Midfielder we need. Dublin looks far better at centre back then up front, Johnnson sounds like a very good signing, Sylla has got pace, which is useful when we now have a pacey front man in the form of Hume but by all accounts Sylla does go missing from time to time during games. MDV is hit and miss, Elvis has the pottential but not yet hit form, whether he will or not is a different matter. Hume sounds really exciting and I fully expect him to start against Wolves. On the basis MDV has bagged 3 in 7 I'd keep him in the side as Humes' pace will pull defenders away from him leaving him in space. I Only see Mcarthy as a squad player to be fair, don't know much about Gilbert to be honnest. Big Rab the brickie will be fine for us in this league. Maybury has by far been our most consistent player in the Levien era. Never rated Gudjohnson. Sheehan and Stearman have a bright future esp' Stearman. Don't forget we've also still got young Weso to come back. Always feel we have far more grit in the side when Tiatto is playing. Hammil has been playing well in the reserves and did bag against Bury in the cup so should be match fit my now. Wilcox is also just another squad player in my opinion.

my XI for Saturday would be

Douglas

Maybury (RB)
Dublin
Johnnson
Tiatto (LB)

Sylla
Hughes
Kisnorbo
Hammil

De-Vries
Hume

Maybury

Subs:
Henderson
Hammond
Wilcox
Gudjohnson
Mcarthy

Lets get behind the lads. Yes defo gonna be a long hard season but moaning ain't gonna make it any easier.

I predicted we'd get 10 points from September's 5 league games, I'd take a point at Molineux and the two home games V QPR and Brighton are defo winnable.

Dare say West Ham fans were bemoaning there sides awful form and results at times last season and look where they are now. Doubt no Hammers are calling for Pardews head now or questioning his tactics.

I stand to be corrected on Levein his tactics and any players that may just turn out to be plain fookin useless. However we're in sh*it street after being badly managed at both board level and management level in the Past... (With PT and the John Elsom crew shouldering most of the blame there) But I have full faith Levein will take this club forward in the long run. Look at Forest now... 3 managers in 18mths... That got them no where apart from League 1!!!!! Was speaking to a few Forest fans based over here in BKK the other night who all firmly believe Hart got a raw deal... With Levein at the helm I see a brighter future for the club in the long run then we had with the two previous counterparts. Feel sorry for Adams' as he tried hard and feel the players lack of discipline lead to our season falling apart more than his actual tactics. Maybe that's part of the reason why none of the team that took us down are here now. Leveins' style of footy is far more appealing to the eye then Adams' hoof and hope tactics which did come unstuck last year as he proved far too one dimensioanl... But come on give CL a break and lets see if we're still within as closer touching distance of the playoffs as we are now come the new year... (West Ham or Palace 2 seasons ago didn't scrape the playoffs until right at the enbd of the season)

BLUE ARMY! BLUE ARMY! BLUE ARMY! BLUE ARMY! BLUE ARMY! BLUE ARMY!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670