Player Images from Stadium Frieze E-Bay Auction Commenced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxes_Trust

As promised, a quick update as 2 sections of the frieze are available to bid for on e-bay

Last night a section featuring Gary Lineker, Alan Smith & Steve Lynex was released

Tonight a piece with Frank O’Farrell & Peter Shilton has been made available

You can see the latest bids & click on the direct link to the item to bid on http://foxestrust.co.uk

Will you be putting the proceeds back into the club or using them to pay 'trusts expenses'?

Last edited:
My comment was tongue in cheek since I hadn't seem it was a charity auction but all the big 'corporate' charities are shit imo, paying big salaries to execs etc. Small local charities get the money to where it's needed

My comment was tongue in cheek since I hadn't seem it was a charity auction but all the big 'corporate' charities are shit imo, paying big salaries to execs etc. Small local charities get the money to where it's needed

Agreed. I'm also sick of having to run the gauntlet of charity workers outside the tube station every morning and evening who get paid about £7 an hour to try and extort a direct debit out of me. Tell you what, why not sack all those arseholes and put the money you're saving on wages towards saving the ****ing tigers instead?

Agreed. I'm also sick of having to run the gauntlet of charity workers outside the tube station every morning and evening who get paid about £7 an hour to try and extort a direct debit out of me. Tell you what, why not sack all those arseholes and put the money you're saving on wages towards saving the ****ing tigers instead?

The charities raise a lot more money by employing chuggers than not employing them. That's why they do it.

Because they generate more charity income than the (alleged) £7 an hour they are spending to employ them - so benefiting the need that the charity is trying to support

Not rocket science, really :icon_roll

I know, it's just an aggressive tactic that pisses me off. When I'm struggling to pay the bills at the end of the month, the last thing I want is some condescending charity worker, getting paid through the nose to stand in the street with a clipboard telling me what I can and can't afford to do with my money. If people want to give to charity, fine, if they don't then leave them the **** alone.

If people want to give to charity, fine, if they don't then leave them the **** alone.

If the charity sector left people completely alone to decide when and how to donate money then they would generate the square root of feck all

They have little option but to indulge in marketing, canvassing, door-stepping and tin rattling to raise anything worthwhile at all

It's not that much trouble to simply say 'I'm not interested', is it ?

And if you think charity collectors are 'paid through the nose', then you really are living in cloud cuckoo land. Most are paid peanuts, many do it on a volunteer basis

I know, it's just an aggressive tactic that pisses me off. When I'm struggling to pay the bills at the end of the month, the last thing I want is some condescending charity worker, getting paid through the nose to stand in the street with a clipboard telling me what I can and can't afford to do with my money. If people want to give to charity, fine, if they don't then leave them the **** alone.

I don't mind charity workers at all. They are at least doing something for a good cause. But my other half answered the door to one the other day, she politely said we were not interested as we already give to a charity, and with having a new born money is very tight. The guy then preceded to beg and giving it the old 'pleeeeeaaaasssse, oh go on, this is my living you know, if you don't sign up I wont get paid, oh go on!'. At that point the door was shut in his face. By all means call and ask, but learn to accept rejection and above all do not beg or you will see the outside of the front door very close up!

If the charity sector left people completely alone to decide when and how to donate money then they would generate the square root of feck all

They have little option but to indulge in marketing, canvassing, door-stepping and tin rattling to raise anything worthwhile at all

It's not that much trouble to simply say 'I'm not interested', is it ?

And if you think charity collectors are 'paid through the nose', then you really are living in cloud cuckoo land. Most are paid peanuts, many do it on a volunteer basis

Well I don't agree with it. I'm not anti charity by any means and I've got a couple of direct debits that I looked into and set up myself, but I would never give my details to one of those people in the street. It's just ambushing people and guilting or bullying them into donating. They target people who are less confrontational and more likely to back down and just hand over their details. It may raise a lot of money, but I don't agree with the tactics at all. If it was anyone else agressively selling in the street they'd get moved on by the police, I don't see why it's ok just because it's for charity.

The face-to-face fundraisers for major charities always get paid, and they get paid anywhere between £8-£10p/h - well over minimum wage - for literally just standing about in the street talking to people. I would class that as money for old rope. Also, BBC Newsnight looked into it last year and found that the agencies that employ these people take a commission of roughly £100 per signature they collect from the charity, meaning that for the first year or so, your direct debit is basically going to paying off some agency's commission. If you cancel after about a year, thinking that you've given this charity a fair sum of money, they'll actually never have seen any of it.

I've got no problem with any other methods they employ to try and get people to donate and I always give change to the people who have given up their time volunatrily to collect cash donations with buckets, but I will never agree with having these 'chuggers' roaming the streets.

I find it difficult to understand how someone can be prepared to hand over their bank account details on a DD form to a complete stranger in the street simply because they say they're from a charity :102:

I find it difficult to understand how someone can be prepared to hand over their bank account details on a DD form to a complete stranger in the street simply because they say they're from a charity :102:

Some people also hand over bank details to 'lotteries' where they have won 30 million Ugandan dollars despite never buying a ticket, some people are idiots.

Last edited:
Meanwhile back to the original auction....

We did not choose the charities ourselves, but the Trust Board reviewed the list chosen by the club & felt the club had got this completely right by sticking in the main to locally based causes, while also covering those looking at the needs of different age ranges

£7 an hour is through the nose!?!?!

My girlfriend used to work for Home Fundraising and that what she earned, I agree its pretty steep and I don't like the fact that they go to peoples' houses right up until 9pm trying to get sign-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363